It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Before Grim Dawn, Titan Quest was my favorite D2esque game,. I still like like it, but there are lots of things that I've gotten used to in Grim Dawn that I miss in Titan Quest (and PoE for that matter).
Niggles: Inquisitor. The main char movement actions turned me off....lol
Hey dude it's Inquisitor, not QWOP! :p
Niggles: What on earth is wrong with Titan Quest?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Crosmando: What's so fantastic about it? Looks like a Diablo clone using rehashed Greek mythology
The skill/ability system is what's so awesome about Titan Quest. The music is quite good too, gives the setting a nice sense of place and time. That said, combat can feel a bit flimsy if you've played more recent action-RPGs, most of which have punchier combat.

Would still be an instabuy despite some minor quibbles.
nightcraw1er.488: Well, he is kind of right there. TQ is D2, with some updated graphics and real (no pun intended) mythology/history. Am actually playing through it myself currently as I wait for VHelsing Final Cut to come out. Its got some good bits, but fails to give me that Yay! I got with D2, just feels a bit flat for some reason and can't put my finger on it. Might try again with D2 Immortal mod for TQ which changes the classes and a few monsters. Or there is the Lilith mod merged with Immortal, although I couldn't really get anywhere as you don't start with a weapon.

Its a reasonable engine though, there are camera mods out there and I set mine up for Isometric, gives a nice large area, although you do sometimes see monster spawn points then.
vicklemos: Titan Quest didn't give that yay! feeling but, trust me, Inquisitor did. I was so hyped about this one that a yay! moment was predictable, I suppose. But TQ is far more detailed and well polished.
And what's so cool about Van Helsing: the Final Cut? New feats such as...?
Sorry, whats Inquisitor? Hadn't said anything was cool about VH. Just played through the three separate episodes so would like to see what they have done to improve the third, hence I am pending on that at the moment. Althought the first two parts were quite good, had some tower defense thrown in, and some amusing parts.

jadeite: ...snip Grim Dawn
Its steam only, so never played it.

fortune_p_dawg: ... snip
The skill/ability system is what's so awesome about Titan Quest.
In what sense? It has the class bar which increases, and then some specials. Didn't see anything that great about it. Half the skills are pretty much worthless, and some classes work better than others, but noting more than any other variety. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing bad about it, its just average.
toxicTom: I don't think so. The law is pretty clear:
§86 (3):

Absatz 1 gilt nicht, wenn das Propagandamittel oder die Handlung der staatsbürgerlichen Aufklärung, der Abwehr verfassungswidriger Bestrebungen, der Kunst oder der Wissenschaft, der Forschung oder der Lehre, der Berichterstattung über Vorgänge des Zeitgeschehens oder der Geschichte oder ähnlichen Zwecken dient.
toxicTom: There's nothing about "interactivity". Either games are art (or even "Berichterstattung über Vorgänge des Zeitgeschehens" (reports on history), which would also allow it), or not.
I'm pretty sure this paragraph of the law was written before (video)games even existed so there is room for maneuver for the judges. And that's where the interactivity comes into play. Probably that will change sometime, but I don't think it will as long as there are mostly people in charge that were born too early to have ever played games for themselves ...
Post edited October 08, 2015 by Geddes17
toxicTom: Movies are ok, since they are "art". Yes. even Surf Nazis ;-)
Fever_Discordia: Oh so the German government are with Roger Ebert on this are they?
http://www.rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/video-games-can-never-be-art
Hopefully backward thinking about the cultural value of computer games will die out the same way he did!
(sorry if that's harsh but it really bugs me!)
Roger Ebert was a moron. I've written articles about how much disagree with him.
Geddes17: I'm pretty sure this paragraph of the law was written before (video)games even existed so there is room for maneuver for the judges. And that's where the interactivity comes into play. Probably that will chance sometime, but I don't think it will as long as there are mostly people in charge that were born too early to have ever played games for themselves ...
If you want something banned, you have to prove it's not art, since you can't censor art. I'm sure if someone had the balls to take these games to court and maybe to the higher courts, the bans would fall.
vicklemos: Titan Quest didn't give that yay! feeling but, trust me, Inquisitor did. I was so hyped about this one that a yay! moment was predictable, I suppose. But TQ is far more detailed and well polished.
And what's so cool about Van Helsing: the Final Cut? New feats such as...?
nightcraw1er.488: Sorry, whats Inquisitor? Hadn't said anything was cool about VH. Just played through the three separate episodes so would like to see what they have done to improve the third, hence I am pending on that at the moment. Althought the first two parts were quite good, had some tower defense thrown in, and some amusing parts.

jadeite: ...snip Grim Dawn
nightcraw1er.488: Its steam only, so never played it.
Will be DRM free when its finally released. Unfortunately KS backers only had option of Humble or Steam :/
And for what its worth, its actually pretty good.
Post edited October 08, 2015 by Niggles
nightcraw1er.488: Sorry, whats Inquisitor? Hadn't said anything was cool about VH. Just played through the three separate episodes so would like to see what they have done to improve the third, hence I am pending on that at the moment. Althought the first two parts were quite good, had some tower defense thrown in, and some amusing parts.
Inquisitor's a great isometric rpg, new and somehow unknown. It's here for sale, also :P
And you've just said "currently as I wait for VHelsing Final Cut to come out" and I was curious about this final cut. Haven't played VH II yet, just the first and yep, had tons of fun :P
Crosmando: What's so fantastic about it? Looks like a Diablo clone using rehashed Greek mythology
Telika: It's a Diablo clone using rehashed Greek mythology. That's what's so fantastic about it.
More precisely, it's a Diablo II clone using rehashed Greek mythology which makes it even greater ;)
Concerning Titan Quest, Nordic and DotEmu are working on an Android and iOS version.
http://play.mob.org/game/titan_quest.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=3&v=k4pvRVf2uf8

Nordic also announced a patch for the Steam version fixing multiplayer more than a year ago.

I doubt we'll see the game here before those are released.
Where is the GOGer from Nordic, anyway? I remember reading answers from him around the forum before the whole regional pricing thing.
vicklemos: Inquisitor's a great isometric rpg, new and somehow unknown. It's here for sale, also :P
And you've just said "currently as I wait for VHelsing Final Cut to come out" and I was curious about this final cut. Haven't played VH II yet, just the first and yep, had tons of fun :P
Ah yes, sorry I do know it, I actually own it as well but not got round to playing it. Maybe I should have a look at that while I wait (have far too many games over various different platforms to remember :o)

VH Final Cut should merge all three chapters, have a unified skill system - which was one of the big gripes about the third part - and some additional content.
rodrolliv: Where is the GOGer from Nordic, anyway? I remember reading answers from him around the forum before the whole regional pricing thing.
You mean ThomNG ? Search for his posts .
rodrolliv: Where is the GOGer from Nordic, anyway? I remember reading answers from him around the forum before the whole regional pricing thing.
Painted_Doll: You mean ThomNG ? Search for his posts .
Thanks, didn't remember the name, only that the avatar was from the Unwritten Tales.