It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yesterday when I was buying some new lights (bulbs), I became happy by another (LED lamp) invention I hadn't even thought of.

Not sure how long they've been around, but they were selling also so called "smart LED lamps", where the thing is that they can produce different amounts of light, without you needing a (LED-compatible) dimmer.

How does it work then? It has three different brightness levels, and they come in succession when you turn the light on and off. So I figure if you first turn the lights on, it might be a dim light, then turn off/on again, one step brighter, and yet again off/on, the brightest. Not sure if it goes from dim to bright or vice versa, and whether it resets itself to the default if the lights are off for a long time.

To me that sounds quite nifty because I was just yesterday fighting with one of my dimming lights because the dimmer switch had gotten broken (I fixed it, kinda...). Plus that particular lamp needs older kinds of bulbs, at least the dimmer doesn't work with LED bulbs. I think from now on I will forget about those dimmers, and just buy those kind of bulbs, for those places where I want the ability to have different brightness levels.

And they weren't that expensive either, maybe twice as expensive as the cheapest LED bulbs. Days like these make me proud to be an engineer, damn we are great!

Too bad though LED lighting will make us all blind eventually, so enjoy it while you can (see). :)
Post edited February 25, 2016 by timppu
timppu: Too bad though LED lighting will make us all blind eventually, so enjoy it while you can (see). :)
Explain? (Also, some sources would be nice.)
timppu: Too bad though LED lighting will make us all blind eventually, so enjoy it while you can (see). :)
dtgreene: Explain? (Also, some sources would be nice.)
http://www.pecaa.com/high-energy-visible-light-potential-ocular-damage/

https://www.macular.org/ultra-violet-and-blue-light (mainly the "blue light" part at the very end)

Believe if you want.
Post edited February 25, 2016 by timppu
Leftover enchiladas, the perfect way to recharge after last night's crappy drive home.
Heineken
I got to enjoy an evening of Witcher 3 on Xbox One. It may not sound like much but it was exactly what I needed to relieve the stresses of the past few days.
This! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykVubb2_SvQ
Boogie needs to get up, walk out his front door (if he can fit) and walk around and not stop walking around until he doesn't weight 800 pounds. The last goddamn thing Boogie needs is a VR helmet. Yet another reason not to move. Awesome.

It is physically impossible to make those Occulus helmets look cool. Boogie wearing a VR helmet makes it look like a big fat guy trying to wear a garbage can on his head.
Emob78: Boogie wearing a VR helmet makes it look like a big fat guy trying to wear a garbage can on his head.
I always found he looked most dashing sporting this hat. Aemyulet! XD
Played around a bit with lilypond, and managed to produce some interesting output, which I've attached.
Attachments:
test.png (6 Kb)
Emob78: Boogie wearing a VR helmet makes it look like a big fat guy trying to wear a garbage can on his head.
chevkoch: I always found he looked most dashing sporting this hat. Aemyulet! XD
Burger King.
Saw the most unbelievably cute girl yesterday, you wouldn't believe. I don't think she was as cute as this other girl I saw on the train one time.

Sometimes, the most pretty girls ever down here in NZ. There's something in the water, or it's exactly the right humidity conditions to create cute girls or something. Well, other than the absolutely horrifying fat girls everywhere as well...

Wow, the're ugly, sorry, but it's true.
Post edited February 27, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
Pulled the new Fiesta ST out of the storage locker for a couple days. Perfect weather yesterday so we went into the local hills and tore shit up. A couple tricky spots since there is still sand on the roads from winter, but other than that we had a blast.
Emob78: Boogie needs to get up, walk out his front door (if he can fit) and walk around and not stop walking around until he doesn't weight 800 pounds. The last goddamn thing Boogie needs is a VR helmet. Yet another reason not to move. Awesome.

It is physically impossible to make those Occulus helmets look cool. Boogie wearing a VR helmet makes it look like a big fat guy trying to wear a garbage can on his head.
I dunno, I think he's fine the way he is. The Oculus isn't intended to make someone look cool.
I'm cooking nearly everyday now, getting pretty good at it too. Saving tons of money from not eating out I need to learn how make a great sauce.