It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Already listed:)
Hero (Yimou Zhang, 2002)
Adam's Apples (Adams æbler, Anders Thomas Jensen 2005)

The decidedly creepiest role I've seen Mads Mikkelsen act in. No small feat for a guy who played a James Bond villain and Hannibal Lecter, and isn't even a villain in this movie.
Martyrs Pascal Laugier - 2008
Like Mad Movies said : Un chef d'oeuvre absolu et définitif.
Post edited January 20, 2017 by Exhodos
I'm surprised nobody mentioned "Snowpiercer" (Joon-Ho Bong, 2013) yet.
Vainamoinen: Gran Torino and Million Dollar Baby (2004) really prove that there's more complexity to Eastwood's stances than you see in GOP conventions. :|
I'm trying to keep politics out of this, but since you brought it up...

American Psycho (2000, Mary Harron)

My dubs! Check 'Em!

Also be sure to check out the wiki article on Eastwood and be astonished to learn that he's pro-gun control, pro-same sex marriage and anti-Iraq war among many other things. #notallrepublicans

I'll gladly look past the fact that he can't deliver a decent stand up routine at an age where most people have long succombed to dementia and incontinence.
Attachments:
checkem.jpg (91 Kb)
Post edited January 20, 2017 by fronzelneekburm
fronzelneekburm: Also be sure to check out the wiki article on Eastwood and be astonished to learn that he's pro-gun control, pro-same sex marriage and anti-Iraq war among many other things.
I was well aware, but thanks anyway. :)
Star Trek
Vainamoinen: I was well aware, but thanks anyway. :)
Something you might not be aware of is a little movie called Eye In The Sky (2015, Gavin Hood). For some reason, this is playing in Chinese cinemas right now. It went straight to DVD in Germany. For shame.

I saw this today, thought it was fucking brilliant. The best movie I've seen in a looooong time. It starts out as a hi-tech military thriller (reminiscent of early John Carpenter), turns into a caustic black comedy on impotent libcuck politicians, only to hammer home the human tragedy behind drone warfare in the final third. Go watch it, I'm sure you will appreciate it. I'll definitely include this among my favorite films of the 21st century.
Finding Nemo
Stanton & Unkrich
My two favorites haven;t been mentioned yet:
Mulholland Dr. (David Lynch, 2001)
This film was recently voted in a BBC poll to be the best movie of the 21st century and for once I would have to agree. It's such an interesting and complex film that I have watched mutliple times and still don't completely understand. What makes it so great?

I'll wait to see if anyone else posts my number two.
Post edited January 20, 2017 by llamas
Love Actually (Richard Curtis, 2003)

Because for some reason they still make Christmas classics in the 21st century.
Post edited January 20, 2017 by Vainamoinen
Never Let Me Go

Director Mark Romanek

Year 2010

I have just read the full list, the fantastic mr fox is also a brilliant piece of film.
Post edited January 20, 2017 by lazydog
lazydog: Director Mark Romanek
Thanks for reminding me!

One Hour Photo (Mark Romanek, 2002)
morolf: I also enjoyed Infernal affairs (2002) and its 2003 prequel Infernal affairs 2 (the 2nd one in some ways even more so). It was remade in the US as The Departed, but I've never watched that remake, the original is probably superior anyway.
Both movies were directed by Andrew Lau and Alan Mak.
The originals are far superior; the acting, the writing ... everything is much better.
The US version was forgettable, I saw it when it came out and have never wanted to see it again.

Have you seen the Overheard movies, also by Mak ? They are in the same vein as Internal Affairs, not as good as Affairs I'll admit but still very good, especially the first one.
Post edited January 21, 2017 by Ricky_Bobby