It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hocus Pocus & The All-New Sequel by A. W. Jantha
Downfall by Inio Asano.
A farewell to arms by Ernest Hemingway
Glamorama by Bret Easton Ellis.
Currently reading Into The Woods by John Yorke for my Masters lol.
Falci: The first Mistborn book, The Final Empire.

I'm enjoying it, but I am reading rather slowly.

In fact, I've spent more time watching Brandon Sanderson's online classes than reading his books (I have 8 of them, though this is the first time I'm actually reading one).

Oh, and the classes (for writing science fiction and fantasy) are great! I highly recommend them! ^_^
Thanks for the tip. Watching the course presentation, it seems interesting.

By the way, what do you make of The Final Empire. I tried it just after readind Elantris and it kept dropping from my hands. Did you find it any good so far?
ciemnogrodzianin: Father Brown: The Complete Collection
by G.K. Chesterton
Very charming. I liked how the characters kept evolving from tale to tale, instead of being all the same. Today we would say, in pseudo-professional lingo, that there is a continuity.

A sentence to remember: "that one who does not believe in anything, will believe anything". Or something to the same effect, it has been some time since I read it. But it stuck.
Post edited October 22, 2020 by Carradice
Carradice: Thanks for the tip. Watching the course presentation, it seems interesting.

By the way, what do you make of The Final Empire. I tried it just after readind Elantris and it kept dropping from my hands. Did you find it any good so far?
I'm enjoying it very much, yes. But I did take a few days off the book, mostly because I kept finding other stuff to do (I'm like that with all books).

Elantris is in my list as well, though it's a digital copy.
Carradice: Thanks for the tip. Watching the course presentation, it seems interesting.

Falci: I'm enjoying it very much, yes. But I did take a few days off the book, mostly because I kept finding other stuff to do (I'm like that with all books).

Elantris is in my list as well, though it's a digital copy.
Thanks. My entry point to Sanderson was The Emperor's Soul. Then, Elantris. I might give Mistborn another chance yet
XzAr_79: A farewell to arms by Ernest Hemingway
Nice read. Hopefully you enjoy it
Post edited October 22, 2020 by Carradice
ciemnogrodzianin: Father Brown: The Complete Collection by G.K. Chesterton
Carradice:
I don't see the evolution for now, but I'm just starting ;)
What I see is it's written with aphorisms. I know Chesterton's non-fiction, but for some reason I didn't expect his fiction is written with the same brilliance and intelligence, his outstanding sense of observation.

Just from the 2-3 first stories:
"Humility is the mother of giants. One sees great things from the valley; only small things from the peak"
"Few except the poor preserve traditions. Aristocrats live not in traditions but in fashions"
Post edited October 22, 2020 by ciemnogrodzianin
Romance of the Western Chamber by Wang Shifu.
I am a town https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading,_Berkshire : ) I live here.

I have been reading instruction for cat flap, and Bible, and a lot of this forum.
think to start to read books again Seb, ok

there are some free books for kids if you like
edit: http://www.magickeys.com/books/
and for everyone
https://manybooks.net/
Post edited October 25, 2020 by user deleted
House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
Malazan series book 9 - Dust of Dreams, and Black Monday Murders Vol.1
Uzur9: House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
I need to read that book and Poe needs to release another album.
Surprise, surprise. So there is this limited series in Comixology that offers the first number for free: Ex Machina. It is good, it will make you think, and it might make you reconciled with a few things. So, yes, comics that want to make the reader think while they entertain keep coming.

Ex Machina is a superhero story as well as a story about the working of democracy and modern politics.

Especially recommended if you ever liked any of the following:

TV series: The West Wing of the White House; Borgen; Veep; Boss...

Movies: Alice et le maire (treat yourself and watch this movie; Alice and the Mayor in English); The Last Hurrah; The candidate...
Post edited October 26, 2020 by Carradice