It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Stone of Heaven, a non-fiction book about Jadeite and Burma.
The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.

Carradice: Clifford D. Simak (1953).
I had to dig my memory for a bit because that name was so familiar. I remember reading Way Station twenty-something years ago and I have fond memories. Good book, interesting premise.
I am Legend by Richard Matheson.
tomimt: I am currently reading the memoirs of the founder of now-defunct Sierra On-Line, Ken Willaims, Not All Fairytales Have Happy Endings.
I read it like "the now-defunct Sierra on-Line Ken Wiilliams", and I was like, but he just did an interview for Netflix!
tomimt: I am currently reading the memoirs of the founder of now-defunct Sierra On-Line, Ken Willaims, Not All Fairytales Have Happy Endings.
Dogmaus: I read it like "the now-defunct Sierra on-Line Ken Wiilliams", and I was like, but he just did an interview for Netflix!
On that note, I can recommend the book. It's well written and gives insight from the side of trying to keep the company going and the decisions that go with it.

Here's my review of it: https://bit.ly/30L11lD
Making Work Visible: Exposing Time Theft to Optimize Work & Flow
by Dominica Degrandis
Tapani Löfvingin seikkailut by Kyösti Wilkuna. This is a fictionalized story based on the diary of the actual Tapani Löfving, a sissi during Isoviha. Löfving popped up as a character in Välskärin kertomuksia, and I suddenly remembered seeing a play about him as a wee kid. I remember barely anything but the name Löfving from the play, but clearly it had some impact on me because I still remember it some thirty years later.

EDIT: I tried adding links, but GOG's parser is weird. Both the diary and Wilkuna's book are available in finnish on the Project Gutenberg website.
Post edited October 17, 2020 by huppumies
I'm currently reading The Wind In The Willows by Kenneth Grahame. It's very gentle, charming and quite funny at times too. I started reading it as I felt very nostalgic over a Wind In The Willows stopmotion film I remember watching as a kid, and the book just makes me feel so nostalgic. Reminds me a little like Richard Adams' Watership Down at times, that clever personification of animals and a new perspective of the English countryside. Such a lovely book!
About to start the new Dean Koontz book but I can't remember its title offhand :(
Uzumaki by Ito for some horror manga and Foundation by Isaac Asimov for science fiction.
Dr_Adder: Uzumaki by Ito for some horror manga and Foundation by Isaac Asimov for science fiction.
Junji Ito is such a blast, I loved Uzumaki. I'm so happy to see how popular his manga is becoming, he's such a fascinating writer and artist, he deserves it.
The first Mistborn book, The Final Empire.

I'm enjoying it, but I am reading rather slowly.

In fact, I've spent more time watching Brandon Sanderson's online classes than reading his books (I have 8 of them, though this is the first time I'm actually reading one).

Oh, and the classes (for writing science fiction and fantasy) are great! I highly recommend them! ^_^
Falci: Oh, and the classes (for writing science fiction and fantasy) are great! I highly recommend them! ^_^
I need to get back to them! I watched several of them until there were two or three left, then life happened and I lost track of the videos. I feel like starting from the beginning and perhaps taking some notes applying the lessons to real projects.
Falci: Oh, and the classes (for writing science fiction and fantasy) are great! I highly recommend them! ^_^
ConsulCaesar: I need to get back to them! I watched several of them until there were two or three left, then life happened and I lost track of the videos. I feel like starting from the beginning and perhaps taking some notes applying the lessons to real projects.
Great to see a fellow student! :D I'm currently on lesson 8.
Father Brown: The Complete Collection
by G.K. Chesterton
Attachments: