It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pixel Magazine #62
I'm back on a Warhammer 40K binge again, after taking a break. Continuing to chug my way through the Horus Heresy Series. Just finished The Primarchs, and well into Shadows of Treachery now. I just can't seem to get myself enough of this stuff.
huppumies: Välskärin kertomuksia
Unabridged (ei-lyhennetty)? I took a break halfway through and still have not returned to it eight years later. Quite good but very long.

Also available in English as The Surgeon's Stories by Zacharias Topelius.
C++ Move Semantics - The Complete Guide
by Nicolai Josuttis

A real page turner.
Themken: Unabridged (ei-lyhennetty)?
As far as I could figure out, yes. The multiple editions make it a bit difficult to be sure. It's a thick book anyway, I'm thinking of taking breaks between the volumes.
Offering to the Storm (book 3 in the Baztán trilogy) by Dolores Redondo. Rural noir set in Northern Spain.
Post edited September 14, 2020 by ConsulCaesar
I'm halfway of my beloved Alice in Wonderland, this time in German.
I can't believe it came out just 4 years ago in light of finding it for $1 at a yard sale, but Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game prequel The Swarm has been a huge upgrade over the "Poseidon Adventure in space" (Starliner) that I didn't bother finishing now that I have this. The man is a homophobic loon, but he writes good science-fiction.
Travels with Charley: In Search of America by John Steinbeck.
John V.A. Fine, The late medieval Balkans.

Mostly a political history of the Balkans from the 1180s to the late fifteenth century. It's hard going at times (about 600 pages of extremely detailed history), but still pretty interesting.
Dmitri Glukhovsky - Metro 2035 The third of the trilogy, with some rather absurd scenes of violence.
The Monogatari light novel franchise I got some time ago. I didn't get far, but it seems enjoyable so far.
Post edited September 20, 2020 by _Auster_
_Auster_: The Monogatari light novel franchise I got some time ago. I didn't get far, but it seems enjoyable so far.
I have just finished something about vampires too, but of a very different nature.
Der Kleine Vampir (The Little Vampire), the first book of a series of fantasy books for children full of humour. If you are interested, almost all of them have a Japanese translation - ちびっこ吸血鬼シリーズ.
Post edited September 21, 2020 by Dogmaus
Dogmaus: Der Kleine Vampir (The Little Vampire)
Oh hey, I remember reading a few of those as a kid. I don't remember much, but I think I liked them. Wonder if the library still has copies.
huppumies: Oh hey, I remember reading a few of those as a kid. I don't remember much, but I think I liked them. Wonder if the library still has copies.
Pikku vampyyri :) I think I'll go on with the series as it is an interesting "goth" comedy even for an adult - and right at my level of German to learn a few new things while understanding most of the text without too much effort. But then, who I am fooling, I like my children and YA fiction. I had never read it as a child but I could enjoy it without any nostalgia involved.
huppumies: Travels with Charley: In Search of America by John Steinbeck.
I really liked Steinbeck in translation as a child, I found it light in the most positive sense. Great idea for what to read that's not fantasy. I am tempted from more Discworld series but might want to stick with the Little Vampire books, that are also very short, and get me some Steinbeck. I didn't know he had written so many essays on top of the fiction.
Post edited September 21, 2020 by Dogmaus