It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Article: Oberster Datenschuetzer und 73 Mio. Buerger ausgetrickst by Brigitta Engel and Florian Roetzer
About a data privacy scandal in Germany.

I should really stop reading news. They depress me.
viperfdl: I should really stop reading news. They depress me.
I did that for a few years when I wasn't in a good place. These days I can follow the news again, but boy has it been a weird year. Or several. Take care of yourself out there.
viperfdl: I should really stop reading news. They depress me.
huppumies: I did that for a few years when I wasn't in a good place. These days I can follow the news again, but boy has it been a weird year. Or several. Take care of yourself out there.
Thanks. :)
Article: "Ich sehe keine Opposition in der Politik" by Gaby Weber
Interviews with participants of the anti-corona-measures-demo in Berlin.
Żar. Oddech Afryki / Heat. Africa's breath
Dariusz Rosiak
Beautiful Child by Torey Hayden.
The Martian by Andy Weir.
Turkey - an anthology about this country written by different authors
Carradice: If you feel like watching it afterwards (so that nothing is spoiled), there is a movie that somehow dares to complete the story. A mature don Pablos makes the account of his life in flashbacks. But the book is better, and funnier.
Sjuan: Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Now I am reading The Peony Pavilion by Tang Xiangzu (a spanish translation of the text).
Oops! I made a mistake. Good news and bad news!

The bad news: the movie I told you was about a different book of the same period, within the picaresque genre: La vida de Lazarillo de Tormes.

The good news is that if you liked El Buscón, then you will most likely enjoy Lazarillo de Tormes. Seriously!.

Again, sorry for the mistake, but there you have a free tip :-)
I'm reading the January 1942 issue of Amazing Stories (cover story: The Test Tube Girl by "Frank Patton"/aka Raymond Palmer). I've read a lot of stories reprinted from pulp magazines, and even a couple of pulp magazine replicas, but this is the first time I've read an actual, crumbly old pulp magazine. I'm handling it very carefully.
Carradice: The bad news: the movie I told you was about a different book of the same period, within the picaresque genre: La vida de Lazarillo de Tormes.

The good news is that if you liked El Buscón, then you will most likely enjoy Lazarillo de Tormes. Seriously!.
The Lazarillo is truly fantastic, and quite a deep look at the society of those times.

Fun fact: my high school Literature teacher decided to break the tradition of forcing (and torturing) all 16-year-old students to read the whole Quixote and replaced it with the Lazarillo. I'm still grateful for that!
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne.

ConsulCaesar: Fun fact: my high school Literature teacher decided to break the tradition of forcing (and torturing) all 16-year-old students to read the whole Quixote and replaced it with the Lazarillo. I'm still grateful for that!
Oh man, I tried reading Don Quixote some time ago and found it kind of awful. The translation may not have been the best, but I don't think that made a huge difference. I made it through Part 1 and just stopped, as I wasn't ejoying reading the book at all. Part 2 may be better, but I doubt I'll ever finish it. Being forced to read that at 16? Tortrure sounds about right.
Fabled Land gamebooks.
Dr_Adder: Fabled Land gamebooks.
Great, I prefer the digital version now but I often go back to those. Do you know if new books after the 6th have been released?

I'm reading the Man with the twisted lip by Conan Doyle (in Japanese). It's the sixth SH story.
Dr_Adder: Fabled Land gamebooks.
Dogmaus: Great, I prefer the digital version now but I often go back to those. Do you know if new books after the 6th have been released?

I'm reading the Man with the twisted lip by Conan Doyle (in Japanese). It's the sixth SH story.
I have the seventh book. It's called The Serpent King's Domain. It's the size of two gamebooks.
Post edited August 12, 2020 by Dr_Adder