It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm rereading The Lord of the Rings now. And it's not even my third time. I don't know why but I always come back to the story.
Sjuan: Historia de la vida del Buscón, llamado don Pablos by Francisco de Quevedo.
Carradice: If you feel like watching it afterwards (so that nothing is spoiled), there is a movie that somehow dares to complete the story. A mature don Pablos makes the account of his life in flashbacks. But the book is better, and funnier.
Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Now I am reading The Peony Pavilion by Tang Xiangzu (a spanish translation of the text).
Carradice: If you feel like watching it afterwards (so that nothing is spoiled), there is a movie that somehow dares to complete the story. A mature don Pablos makes the account of his life in flashbacks. But the book is better, and funnier.
Sjuan: Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Now I am reading The Peony Pavilion by Tang Xiangzu (a spanish translation of the text).
I am currently reading "Foundation" by Isaac Asimov. This is the first book in the foundation series. It chronicles the fall of an Empire and the rise of another I believe (haven't read it yet.). I have also started a new series of The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor here. This is supposed to be a series that analyses society and government I believe. I am really enjoying it so far (about 1/3rd of the way through.)
Having finished my annual read through of The Lord of the Rings (I think it's a great summer book), I picked up Vonnegut's Breakfast of Champions.
Post edited July 11, 2020 by huppumies
I've just purchased and began to read Orwell's 1984 & Animal Farm in one volume from Amazon Kindle. Never actually read it before but looking forward to it.
Second Foundation - Isaac Asimov
Do audio books count? I tend to have them on in the background a lot. Latest one is Contact (the great Carl Sagan). Before that it was Pale Blue Dot (the great Carl Sagan). I also like to fall asleep listening to his poetic-honey-voice on Cosmos*. I have tinnitus (constant ringing in the ears) and it get's worse in the quiet, so I always have something on when going to sleep.

Foundation is one of my fave's. 1984 too. Can recomend Enders Game (by Orson Scott Card)

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT_nzxtgXEw&list=PLtvRfQfTh1K8M9Jrk7LPRhvKLgvJqdNfA&index=1
I'm re-reading James Clemens's The Banned and the Banished series(as I eagerly await Godslayer Book 3.) Currently on Wit'ch Storm.
If audio books count then working my way through my James Herbert collection.... its going to take some time.
Post edited July 14, 2020 by AlanWWade
Article: Literarische Vorboten by Stefan Korinth
Post edited July 18, 2020 by viperfdl
Time of Contempt
by Andrzej Sapkowski.

Read that Blood of Elves was supposed to be really boring, but I found it highly enjoyable. I blame the Twitter generation.
Foundation's Edge - Isaac Asimov
To Rouse Leviathan by Matt Cardin
The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro.
German translation of this article: LancetGate: "Scientific Corona Lies" and Big Pharma Corruption. Hydroxychloroquine versus Gilead's Remdesivir by Prof Michel Chossudovsky.
Post edited July 22, 2020 by viperfdl