It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals up to 80% off, GOG-premieres, and new bundles every six hours

UPDATE: The city gates have been closed and all districts have grown silent. Thank you for making Bundleopolis great, citizens, and enjoy your amazing souvenirs!

Come on, come all! Walk the streets of GOG.com and take in the sights as we build a Bundleopolis of 20+ bundles from the ground up. Join us in a week-long tour where new landmarks, shaped as irresistible bundles, are going to be revealed every six hours with some of them containing fresh GOG-premieres.

Attend the opening ceremony and visit these locations for the first of many bundles:

- <span class="bold">Academy of LucasArts</span>, including classics like The Dig, Monkey Island SE 1 & 2 and Outlaws for up to 75% off.
- <span class="bold">Bit.Trip Street</span>, a complete collection of the rhythmic series making its GOG.com debut for up to 87% off.
- <span class="bold">Nightmare Avenue</span>, build your own bundle from a scary selection of games like Amnesia, Outlast, and The Last Door for up to 80% off.

Keep coming back to the expanding Bundleopolis Sale to discover new sights and new releases, or exercise your rights as a citizen with build-your-own bundles. If you live here long enough, you might even get to learn its dark secret, which will be revealed just before the city lights go out.
Want to keep some mementos from your visit to Bundleopolis or send out some postcards? Head this way for some breathtaking <span class="bold">wallpapers</span>.

The Bundleopolis Sale will end Sunday, May 1st, at 9:59 PM UTC.
Thanks for the great sale GOG
Overall, I thought this was a pretty good sale. Maybe not for me personally, but that's because I already owned most of the stuff that I would have wanted. The discounts were all good (Bethesda's bundles were unique in being the only ones not priced at least 75% off, but that doesn't make them bad) and there was a nice amount of variety to the selection. I was also pleased to see the Build It bundles get a decent amount of usage compared to previous sales.

The only major flaw the sale had (in my opinion) was the Stronghold bundle. It had the normal version of Crusader 2 rather than the Special Edition, and there's no way to upgrade to the SE. That meant anyone who wanted the Special Edition couldn't buy the bundle without throwing away $10 on the normal version, which is bad. I would say that in future sales, GOG should focus on selling the best version of a game, especially in the case of a bundle. Also, GOG should start selling version upgrades for any game with multiple versions. Some have them, but there shouldn't be any that don't.

As for the format itself, I think the bundle format is alright. It's certainly better than the insomnia format or anything luck-based. However, I feel that GOG still hasn't managed to find a sale gimmick that doesn't end up being a negative for the customer in one way or another. Insomnia sales arbitrarily limit stock and require you to check back all the time, luck-based sales are essentially gambling with a safety net in the form of refunds, and bundle sales require you to buy multiple games at once despite usually having no impact on the discount you get. I get that a sale gimmick can make things a little more interesting or exciting, but I feel like all of GOG's current gimmicks limit the customer without benefit. If insomnia sales or bundles always had a crazy discount to make up for their downsides, that would be different, but instead the discounts are almost always what you would see during a normal sale. Only having normal sales would be boring though, so I hope that GOG can think of some new gimmicks that don't have any negative side-effects.
Best sale ever! I only spent about $2.

But seriously, I love the format, just already had most of everything.
I finally grabbed 20 games. This will last for a while, I think. :)

The arcade shooter bundle was simply great, could not let it slip by ... and the Gothic games bundle! Oh, my!
> From promo description: "If you live here long enough, you might even get to learn its dark secret, which will be revealed just before the city lights go out."

What was the secret?
tostaszewicz: > From promo description: "If you live here long enough, you might even get to learn its dark secret, which will be revealed just before the city lights go out."

What was the secret?
Dying Light :)
JudasIscariot: Dying Light :)
Ah, very good! Never thought on that. :)
tostaszewicz: > From promo description: "If you live here long enough, you might even get to learn its dark secret, which will be revealed just before the city lights go out."

What was the secret?
Nice hidden puzzle :)
tostaszewicz: Nice hidden puzzle :)
You have no idea how much hidden it was if you're using a German IP. ;)

Thankfully our all-knowing greek GOG oracle Grargar gave me a hint.
tostaszewicz: Nice hidden puzzle :)
MBiL_248: You have no idea how much hidden it was if you're using a German IP. ;)

It really is proper fucked to use a region locked game as a "secret".
MBiL_248: You have no idea how much hidden it was if you're using a German IP. ;)

omega64: It really is proper fucked to use a region locked game as a "secret".
I don't dare to contradict you in that matter. :)

But our brave Judas, that good old thievious bastard, does its best to comfort the poor discriminated people of Germany with many additional German versions of games without region locks, so I'm mild-mannered at the moment. You do so Judas, don't you? ;)
MBiL_248: But our brave Judas, that good old thievious bastard, does its best to comfort the poor discriminated people of Germany with many additional German versions of games without region locks, so I'm mild-mannered at the moment. You do so Judas, don't you? ;)
Hmmm. :P
MBiL_248: But our brave Judas, that good old thievious bastard, does its best to comfort the poor discriminated people of Germany with many additional German versions of games without region locks, so I'm mild-mannered at the moment. You do so Judas, don't you? ;)
omega64: Hmmm. :P
Deceptively real! :-O
Marioface5: Overall, I thought this was a pretty good sale. Maybe not for me personally, but that's because I already owned most of the stuff that I would have wanted. The discounts were all good (Bethesda's bundles were unique in being the only ones not priced at least 75% off, but that doesn't make them bad) and there was a nice amount of variety to the selection. I was also pleased to see the Build It bundles get a decent amount of usage compared to previous sales.
TrevorWilliams: Best sale ever! I only spent about $2.
But seriously, I love the format, just already had most of everything.
i agree, it was a very good sale, and like you already mentioned, maybe a lot of us did not get much , but thats because most of us already have many games.

I have a nice 500+ collection now , and it gets a little harder to get some games i don't already own.
Given the fact that i cant play 3d/fpp , games with lots of zooming in/out and rotating , plus games with lots of photosensitive effects like explosions , i am quite limited in what i can buy.

Anyway, the sales itself was really good, still managed to get 7 games, 5 sherlock games at 10 euros (i can at least play one so thats already good) and i can play rom 1+2 again which costed me 30 bucks a piece when they were sold in the retail stores, so it was a nice deal.

If GoG still wants to add some old games, its quite easy cause like i mentioned many times, the publishers that are at Gog already, still have lots of games that are available everywhere except here, so if they can persuade the publishers to release all these old games DRM free here aswell we will have some nice games to buy.

Agreed, most are point click style

secretfiles: 4 games, (drm loaded)

these are already drm free at gamersgate
Art of Murder - Cards of Destiny (drm free)
Art of Murder - FBI Confidential (drm free)
Art of Murder - Hunt for the Puppeteer (drm free)

Chronicles Of Zerzura (drm free already once installed via steam client) from the devs of Black Mirror 2 and 3
these games are here so it should be easy to get the game here aswell.

Last Half of Darkness - Society of the Serpent Moon (drm free)

Lost Horizon (has drm but can be removed)

Chicago 1930 (already drm free at GG ) its a commando's classic style

a weird game (got i cheap at sales at GG) : Red Johnson's Chronicles (drm free)

Reversion Double Pack - Reversion (drm free)

Sinking Island (Action, Adventure, Point-and-Click
The Jolly Gang's Misadventures in Africa (drm free)
Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths (drm free)
thats lots of old(er) games of which most publishers are at GoG, the secretfiles owners are at gog already
and all the other publishers of the drm free games are on gog already aswell.

How about the 2nd game of indiana jones? The Last Crusade? we have the fate of atlantis so we still need the other 2d click and point game aswell.

As fot Skyshines Bedlam which is mentioned in the forums, it was at sales on steam so i got it because there was so much talk about it, well it runs on XP (my old windows with steam on it) but it requires a lot of reading (text) and clicking before you can dive into the game, so its not as easy like commandos classic was, after you read what the controls were you jumped in the game and it went pretty fast, skyshines bedlam is lots of clicking and reading text before you can get on your way.
Post edited May 02, 2016 by gamesfreak64
Splatsch: Aaand this is the end !
Hope you all got the games you were hoping for :)
So it's gone.
It was a pretty good sale for me. (Or should I say it was a good sale for GOG when it comes to convincing me to spend money?)

Some said it was underwhelming, and parts of it were -cough cough- bethesda -cough- and it also didn't have the rush that we've seen during Insomnia. But I liked that we could wait until all bundles were shown to decide what we would buy instead of buying on impulse and later risking regret not having money left when a more desirable bundle appeared.

So the result for me is 12 games bought and my itch has been scratched, now all I need is to somehow find time to PLAY them all!!