It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals up to 80% off, GOG-premieres, and new bundles every six hours

UPDATE: The city gates have been closed and all districts have grown silent. Thank you for making Bundleopolis great, citizens, and enjoy your amazing souvenirs!

Come on, come all! Walk the streets of GOG.com and take in the sights as we build a Bundleopolis of 20+ bundles from the ground up. Join us in a week-long tour where new landmarks, shaped as irresistible bundles, are going to be revealed every six hours with some of them containing fresh GOG-premieres.

Attend the opening ceremony and visit these locations for the first of many bundles:

- <span class="bold">Academy of LucasArts</span>, including classics like The Dig, Monkey Island SE 1 & 2 and Outlaws for up to 75% off.
- <span class="bold">Bit.Trip Street</span>, a complete collection of the rhythmic series making its GOG.com debut for up to 87% off.
- <span class="bold">Nightmare Avenue</span>, build your own bundle from a scary selection of games like Amnesia, Outlast, and The Last Door for up to 80% off.

Keep coming back to the expanding Bundleopolis Sale to discover new sights and new releases, or exercise your rights as a citizen with build-your-own bundles. If you live here long enough, you might even get to learn its dark secret, which will be revealed just before the city lights go out.
Want to keep some mementos from your visit to Bundleopolis or send out some postcards? Head this way for some breathtaking <span class="bold">wallpapers</span>.

The Bundleopolis Sale will end Sunday, May 1st, at 9:59 PM UTC.
Matt7542: Question about that, my games on my computer will stay separate, I just will no longer be able to (hypothetically) by the old and new separately, correct? [...]
HunchBluntley: Yeah, according to info in the comment thread for that news post I linked, the "classic" editions will remain as separate items on your shelf -- as well as (if I understood correctly) being added to the shelf of anyone who already owns the respective Enhanced Editions.
Ah. So like how the split up Alone In The Dark on the shelf. That'll work. Thanks.
Matt7542: Question about that, my games on my computer will stay separate, I just will no longer be able to (hypothetically) by the old and new separately, correct? [...]
HunchBluntley: Yeah, according to info in the comment thread for that news post I linked, the "classic" editions will remain as separate items on your shelf -- as well as (if I understood correctly) being added to the shelf of anyone who already owns the respective Enhanced Editions.
So if I only have the Enhanced Editions, is there any benefit to buying the original versions before they are removed?
X-com: So if I only have the Enhanced Editions, is there any benefit to buying the original versions before they are removed?
Depends on how much you like the series and if you can get them on sale. I'm sure several will disagree, but the Enhanced Editions just run better on my computers (barring bugs, but I haven't run into many). Furthermore, modding is a little more open for the originals and I do have to admit that I do not like some of the interface changes made in the latest update to the Enhanced Editions. If those are factors you might consider, I'd go ahead and consider 'em. It's not a waste of money (if on sale, mind) if you really like the series in general, but it's not necessary. Put it this way, I bought the originals first (figuring cheaper was better, as I'd not played it when it came out), liked them, and bought the Enhanced Editions on sale 'cause I wanted Icewind Dale Enhanced and the bundle was cheaper. Had I to do it all over again, I'd just buy the Enhanced Editions and skip the originals.

One's mileage may vary, of course, and I still play both the originals and the EE's. So, there ya go.
Post edited April 26, 2016 by Matt7542
X-com: So if I only have the Enhanced Editions, is there any benefit to buying the original versions before they are removed?
As far as I can tell, no; however, you may want to double-check with one of the blue texts (such as Judas), just to be on the safe side. (For example, I've no idea whether all the bonus goodies for the classic editions will be available in the versions that will soon be added to the libraries of those who didn't actually buy them separately; this might well be answered somewhere later on in that other thread, but I stopped following it after a while.)
HunchBluntley: As far as I can tell, no; however, you may want to double-check with one of the blue texts (such as Judas), just to be on the safe side. (For example, I've no idea whether all the bonus goodies for the classic editions will be available in the versions that will soon be added to the libraries of those who didn't actually buy them separately; this might well be answered somewhere later on in that other thread, but I stopped following it after a while.)
Ok, thank you for the quick response
Post edited April 26, 2016 by X-com
oh look metro games on sale again, I wonder if this means.... nope nope still no linux version.
mecharma:
HunchBluntley: It has come to my attention that you are giving out free konrads. May I have one? I will take extra-good care of it....
Of course, they are free after all!

Please fill out the following forms, to make sure your DRM-Free Konrad is delivered on time!
Any chance of a Movie bundle?
RavenholmDX: Any chance of a Movie bundle?
If only. >_<
I've been waiting for a sale for quite a while.
Matt7542: Any recommendations on this? I'm a fan of space sims/fighter games (the Elite series, the Wing Commander series, the Freespace series, Freelancer, Rebel Galaxy, etc.) and I've heard good things here and there on the X series. Is this up there and worth getting and, if so, is it worth dropping cash for the whole bundle? If not, which is mostly recommended? Thanks in advance.
Today I think of them as offline single-player versions of EVE Online. There's a strong managerial aspect as you can create your own business and build your own fleet. As usual you can always take the pirate or mercenary route. So if you enjoyed Elite Dangerous you might enjoy these ones too because they have similar gameplay options, however they do offer more of a storyline than Elite Dangerous.

So far Outlaws is the only game on my shopping list, ... a game I thought I already had in my backlog.
Post edited April 26, 2016 by Ricky_Bobby
Matt7542: Any recommendations on this? I'm a fan of space sims/fighter games (the Elite series, the Wing Commander series, the Freespace series, Freelancer, Rebel Galaxy, etc.) and I've heard good things here and there on the X series. Is this up there and worth getting and, if so, is it worth dropping cash for the whole bundle? If not, which is mostly recommended? Thanks in advance.
Ricky_Bobby: Today I think of them as offline single-player versions of EVE Online. There's a strong managerial aspect as you can create your own business and build your own fleet. As usual you can always take the pirate or mercenary route. So if you enjoyed Elite Dangerous you might enjoy these ones too because they have similar gameplay options, however they do offer more of a storyline than Elite Dangerous.

So far Outlaws is the only game on my shopping list, ... a game I thought I already had in my backlog.
Much obliged. Of the four offered, is one particularly recommended to play or avoid? From the reviews I've read, I think I might be better off buying the whole bundle. Time will tell. Again, thanks.
I'll probably pick LucasArts games. Nothing else so far got my attention but we will see...
Grargar: ...One possibility is the first two Call of Juarez games...
I do hope they arrive on GOG. It's an underrated franchise in my opinion, with unique gameplay elements and settings. I've played every game in the series and enjoyed each of them, for different reasons.

The first game had the most interesting game- and level design. It offered the most variety when it came to the gameplay, with equal measures of stealth, platforming and combat. The combat maps were also more open than in the sequels. You played as two different characters, but could not switch between them.

The sequel 'Bound in Blood' was the most action-packed. The level design was more linear than in the first game, but it all flowed along really well. There were plenty of cool and memorable settings. In this one you could also play as two different characters, but this time around you could actually choose what character to play as for each mission.

'The Cartel' had the simplicity and grittiness of a 70-80's action film. It had three playable characters, each with unique combat skills and storyline threads. You could not switch character between missions, so one playthrough per character. However since each character had a unique combat style and narrative thread I felt encouraged to play through the game three times. I absolutely loved 'Kane & Lynch 2' and 'The Cartel' had a similar uncompromising style and design, so it really appealed to me. However I don't see it as a 'Call of Juarez' sequel, but more as an off-shoot.

'Gunslinger' was simple arcade fun with great settings, a mini-game for casual times.
Post edited April 26, 2016 by Ricky_Bobby
Ricky_Bobby: Today I think of them as offline single-player versions of EVE Online. There's a strong managerial aspect as you can create your own business and build your own fleet. As usual you can always take the pirate or mercenary route. So if you enjoyed Elite Dangerous you might enjoy these ones too because they have similar gameplay options, however they do offer more of a storyline than Elite Dangerous.

Matt7542: Much obliged. Of the four offered, is one particularly recommended to play or avoid? From the reviews I've read, I think I might be better off buying the whole bundle. Time will tell. Again, thanks.
I bought the whole bundle myself at one time. If you only pick one it's probably a good idea to follow the aggregate ratings, which according to GOG, Steam etc, imply that the later games in this particular package are better.

Personally though, I could never play these games when they first launched because my PC wasn't powerful enough. So for me to suddenly get all these games for $10 or so was crazy and outlandish, I deeply appreciate each and every one of theses games, so I'm the wrong person to ask which of these is the best.
Sale sounds a bit complicated. How often do the bundles rotate? But I may use the sale to complete one or another bundle.
Post edited April 26, 2016 by Trilarion