It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 50% off Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War, Chaos Gate, Final Liberation, Shadow of the Horned Rat.

For the Emperor! For the discounts! For the awesome bundle deals!
There's plenty to die for in this week's Weekly Staff Picks: Warhammer Bundle - where every single Warhammer title on GOG.com (including a classic newcomer) is up to 50% off!

Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War is today's tabletop experience brought to digital life. Based on SSI's famous Panzer General II engine - it's large scale, brutal, and as core a strategy game as they come.

Warhammer 40,000: Final Liberation Epic is... truly epic. It's all about epic scenarios featuring legions of troops, heavy tanks, and titanic mechs. Go from small skirmishes to all out slaughter in an epic Warhammer universe.

Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat is a real-time 3D take on the original turn-based tabletop experience. It's also the very first adaptation of the Warhammer world ever released. If you prefer, or want to discover the Warhammer roots, this is the game to do it with.

Finally, there's Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate, PC Gamer calls it the "best PC implementation of the Warhammer system to date” - a squad-based strategy treat that's so many fans' favorite for a really good reason.

Go to war with Weekly Staff Picks: Warhammer Bundle with discounts up to 50% off! The promo will last until Thursday, October 29, 10:59 AM GMT.
All the individual titles are 33% off except Rites of War.
Izzat a mistake or a misprint?
Thanks.
qwixter: Also, Final liberation was stuck in 4:3 format and would not stretch fullscreen.
that's not a bug. i imagine windows emulation like WINE should be able to force it to stretch. but wth would you want to distort it for ?!?!

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/final-liberation-warhammer-epic-40000/techinfo

it was originally made for SVGA/XGA (640*480), not wide-screen. most computers games(barring the most cutting-edge FPS games) never had a wide-screen mode until so-called "HD" LCD monitors(that natively support 1920x1080 resolutions) became common.
qwixter: Also, Final liberation was stuck in 4:3 format and would not stretch fullscreen.
If 4:3 games (or movies) stretch to 16:9, THAT is a bug. :) I don't want to look at fat characters and oval circles.
Post edited October 27, 2015 by timppu
IronArcturus: Is there any chance we'll see the Dawn of War series on GOG?
I would assume not, unfortunately, since they've made the current versions so dependent on steamworks for especially multiplayer. I would like to have them on GOG though; especially for LAN capabilities...
Grargar: It launches but it apparently suffers from the [url=http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Warhammer_40,000:_Chaos_Gate#Issues_fixed]Cultist bug[/url].
IronArcturus: That's a shame. Does GOG have the source code to fix the bug by any chance?
No, but it's assumed that it's actually a filesystem related problem. I wonder if installing on a FAT32 drive would help?
timppu: If 4:3 games (or movies) stretch to 16:9, THAT is a bug. :) I don't want to look at fat characters and oval circles.
Well, there is an option in Amd and Nvidia control panels about stretching to full panel width or maintain aspect, so it should behave according to that setting in my opinion.
Dont waste your time with final liberation if you ever hope to upgrade to windows 10. Bought it, upgraded to 10 but didn't have time to play games until yesterday due to work and holidays... told its my problem that the game no longer works due to windows 10. no refund.

Save your cash and skip.
stannach: Dont waste your time with final liberation if you ever hope to upgrade to windows 10. Bought it, upgraded to 10 but didn't have time to play games until yesterday due to work and holidays... told its my problem that the game no longer works due to windows 10. no refund.

Save your cash and skip.
You can play it if you disable the videos. Kinda unstable still, and without the videos the 50% of the fun is lost but at least you'll be able to continue your campaign.

Go to Epic.ini and change "DoVideo=1" to "DoVideo=0". But yeah, it would be cool if GoG could get a workable build, alas, they don't seem to give a toss about it (don't bother sending tickets to support)

At least Rites of War plays fine. Dunno about Chaos Gate, I'm not interested in Smurfs, but I would like to see a working build of Shadow of the Horned Rat...
Post edited December 02, 2015 by bayzent
stannach: Dont waste your time with final liberation if you ever hope to upgrade to windows 10. Bought it, upgraded to 10 but didn't have time to play games until yesterday due to work and holidays... told its my problem that the game no longer works due to windows 10. no refund.

Save your cash and skip.
bayzent: You can play it if you disable the videos. Kinda unstable still, and without the videos the 50% of the fun is lost but at least you'll be able to continue your campaign.

Go to Epic.ini and change "DoVideo=1" to "DoVideo=0". But yeah, it would be cool if GoG could get a workable build, alas, they don't seem to give a toss about it (don't bother sending tickets to support)

At least Rites of War plays fine. Dunno about Chaos Gate, I'm not interested in Smurfs, but I would like to see a working build of Shadow of the Horned Rat...
I'll try that. Thanks! and I agree, I am really disappointed with GoG. I got a support ticket back that basically told me they could not get it to work right so... you know... tough. Glad I didnt do any holiday shopping yet. I'm taking the rest of my business over to steam.
stannach: I'll try that. Thanks! and I agree, I am really disappointed with GoG. I got a support ticket back that basically told me they could not get it to work right so... you know... tough. Glad I didnt do any holiday shopping yet. I'm taking the rest of my business over to steam.
Well at least you did get an answer, even if it was a "no"...I'm still waiting for my "Shouldn't have upgraded to Win10, GoG doesn't want you to play Ashes of Singularity" answer...
stannach: I'll try that. Thanks! and I agree, I am really disappointed with GoG. I got a support ticket back that basically told me they could not get it to work right so... you know... tough. Glad I didnt do any holiday shopping yet. I'm taking the rest of my business over to steam.
bayzent: Well at least you did get an answer, even if it was a "no"...I'm still waiting for my "Shouldn't have upgraded to Win10, GoG doesn't want you to play Ashes of Singularity" answer...
Bayzent dont take that for a response. Write a second email a third, I finally got manager level help and they did explain a little more about why it didnt work, or if they are trying to even fix it. They also offered me a credit after I politely explained that this was such a bad feel for a company that is founded on gamers NOT hunting down emulators and paying Gog to do that for us. Cant say you will get a credit in every case but I did get one. As customers we have to accept some things, but not lay down and take every bad customer service decision that companies want to try and hand us.

So my update is that Gog and I are on speaking terms. We may not date again, its too soon... and I may have texted Steam if it wanted to netflix and chill later after I play a little 40k Armageddon. So we'll see, but at least it wont be awkward at the Christmas party this year when we see each other.
stannach: Bayzent dont take that for a response. Write a second email a third, I finally got manager level help and they did explain a little more about why it didnt work, or if they are trying to even fix it. They also offered me a credit after I politely explained that this was such a bad feel for a company that is founded on gamers NOT hunting down emulators and paying Gog to do that for us. Cant say you will get a credit in every case but I did get one. As customers we have to accept some things, but not lay down and take every bad customer service decision that companies want to try and hand us.
Ohh sure, the thing is that I had the game for a while, hell I was close to finish it when I upgraded, so I don't know if I'm eligible, and now I managed to make it work anyway with the trick I told you, so it's OK, although I have to enjoy Comisar Holt on Youtube, and it feels dirty.

stannach: So my update is that Gog and I are on speaking terms. We may not date again, its too soon... and I may have texted Steam if it wanted to netflix and chill later after I play a little 40k Armageddon. So we'll see, but at least it wont be awkward at the Christmas party this year when we see each other.
:p Nice game but it will blow my economy up if it keeps releasing DLC's. The Ork Hunter one looks promising.
stannach: Bayzent dont take that for a response. Write a second email a third, I finally got manager level help and they did explain a little more about why it didnt work, or if they are trying to even fix it. They also offered me a credit after I politely explained that this was such a bad feel for a company that is founded on gamers NOT hunting down emulators and paying Gog to do that for us. Cant say you will get a credit in every case but I did get one. As customers we have to accept some things, but not lay down and take every bad customer service decision that companies want to try and hand us.
bayzent: Ohh sure, the thing is that I had the game for a while, hell I was close to finish it when I upgraded, so I don't know if I'm eligible, and now I managed to make it work anyway with the trick I told you, so it's OK, although I have to enjoy Comisar Holt on Youtube, and it feels dirty.

stannach: So my update is that Gog and I are on speaking terms. We may not date again, its too soon... and I may have texted Steam if it wanted to netflix and chill later after I play a little 40k Armageddon. So we'll see, but at least it wont be awkward at the Christmas party this year when we see each other.
bayzent: :p Nice game but it will blow my economy up if it keeps releasing DLC's. The Ork Hunter one looks promising.
Ha well I will tell you how it is!