It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 50% off Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War, Chaos Gate, Final Liberation, Shadow of the Horned Rat.

For the Emperor! For the discounts! For the awesome bundle deals!
There's plenty to die for in this week's Weekly Staff Picks: Warhammer Bundle - where every single Warhammer title on GOG.com (including a classic newcomer) is up to 50% off!

Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War is today's tabletop experience brought to digital life. Based on SSI's famous Panzer General II engine - it's large scale, brutal, and as core a strategy game as they come.

Warhammer 40,000: Final Liberation Epic is... truly epic. It's all about epic scenarios featuring legions of troops, heavy tanks, and titanic mechs. Go from small skirmishes to all out slaughter in an epic Warhammer universe.

Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat is a real-time 3D take on the original turn-based tabletop experience. It's also the very first adaptation of the Warhammer world ever released. If you prefer, or want to discover the Warhammer roots, this is the game to do it with.

Finally, there's Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate, PC Gamer calls it the "best PC implementation of the Warhammer system to date” - a squad-based strategy treat that's so many fans' favorite for a really good reason.

Go to war with Weekly Staff Picks: Warhammer Bundle with discounts up to 50% off! The promo will last until Thursday, October 29, 10:59 AM GMT.
Saw that the Monday bundle included the new to GOG release of Rites of War. I figured, cool I like Panzer General 2 a lot; it would be nice to get Rites of War at a discount & I'm also very interested in Shadow of the Horned Rat. But wait, let me make sure there's no technical issues with the games first; you know like the fact that presently it's impossible for me to play Europa Universalis 1.
http://www.gog.com/forum/europa_universalis_series/europe_universalis_and_windows_10

It seems as though Shadow of the Horned Rat still has major issues that haven't been addressed since it was 1st released on GOG last July.
http://www.gog.com/forum/warhammer_shadow_of_the_horned_rat/game_crashes_during_prepare_for_battle_loading_screen/page1
http://www.gog.com/forum/warhammer_shadow_of_the_horned_rat/win810_shadow_of_the_horned_rat_still_unplayable

No discount on Rites of War unless you purchase the entire bundle? I'll pass...
wallet safe :)
IronArcturus: Has Chaos Gate been fixed yet? Will it run on Windows 7?
It launches but it apparently suffers from the [url=http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Warhammer_40,000:_Chaos_Gate#Issues_fixed]Cultist bug[/url].
Post edited October 26, 2015 by Grargar
IronArcturus: Has Chaos Gate been fixed yet? Will it run on Windows 7?
Grargar: It launches but it apparently suffers from the [url=http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Warhammer_40,000:_Chaos_Gate#Issues_fixed]Cultist bug[/url].
That's a shame. Does GOG have the source code to fix the bug by any chance?
IronArcturus: That's a shame. Does GOG have the source code to fix the bug by any chance?
No idea, but if they had access to it, I guess they would have already done so.
In the grim darkness of the future there is only war...

...WOOOOHOOOOO!!! :D
Kinda tempted - missed these on release and very nearly bought one the other week... on the other hand I've few games to be playing / I am playing that I've recently aquired....

Edit: Oh, only 33% off the individual title - nevermind that then.
Post edited October 26, 2015 by Sachys
timppu: On a HP ProBook 6470b laptop (Intel HD 4000 graphics chipset, Windows 7/64bit), I just installed and played all four for awhile, like a couple of rounds. I didn't see any issues at least yet, games launched, intro videos were shown, music was played, the first campaign missions seemed to work fine for the couple of rounds I played them.
Siegor: Since it works on Windows 7/64bit I might try it out.
Some other Win7 users have reported about problems, so there are apparently several different factors (besides just the Windows version) which affect how well they run, or if they run at all.

I was meant to try also on my Geforce powered laptop if the games have issues there. That is also Windows 7.
timppu: so there are apparently several different factors (besides just the Windows version) which affect how well they run, or if they run at all.
As it is in PC gaming. I don't really get why people don't even want to give it a try to those timeless classics. For that price? And if they don't work on their - there is still this 'Money Back Guarantee'?
tburger: And if they don't work on their - there is still this 'Money Back Guarantee'?
GOG has shown themselves to be picky about the guarantee, and of course support is swamped, so some people might not want to go to the trouble.
tburger: And if they don't work on their - there is still this 'Money Back Guarantee'?
tfishell: GOG has shown themselves to be picky about the guarantee, and of course support is swamped, so some people might not want to go to the trouble.
Yeah...you are probably right. Still at 3 EUR/game I would take my chance with those beauties..:-P
Is there any chance we'll see the Dawn of War series on GOG?
IronArcturus: Is there any chance we'll see the Dawn of War series on GOG?
It depends entirely on Sega.
erapago: So, do these work at all on modern systems? The reviews are making me feel like I'd just be throwing money away here.
timppu: Rites of War didn't have any reviews yet, but on the three other WH games it seemed the 1-star ratings were complaining that each of those games crash either when you launch the game, or start the first mission. So something that should be easy to detect.

On a HP ProBook 6470b laptop (Intel HD 4000 graphics chipset, Windows 7/64bit), I just installed and played all four for awhile, like a couple of rounds. I didn't see any issues at least yet, games launched, intro videos were shown, music was played, the first campaign missions seemed to work fine for the couple of rounds I played them.

So at least for me those instant crashing and black screen problems didn't seem to occur, at a glance the games worked fine. Not sure if other problems will arise later, is there some kind of list of all the issues that could be seen? Someone e.g. mentioned that in one of the games certain actions by the enemy could crash the game.

Ps. Final Liberation and Horned Rat are not yet marked as Windows 10 compatible, I don't know what, if any, issue there is.

Your mileage may vary and all that.
Thanks for being the guinea pig - no idea how many of the previous reviewers (whingers) actually bothered to buy and try the GOG versions ;)
I tried all 4 today on win 7 64 bit and Amd video card. The only complaint I have is that Chaos gate had some strange slowdown on the mousing over animation. It was not an issue the turn I played though. Also, Final liberation was stuck in 4:3 format and would not stretch fullscreen. All seemed to work fine other than that. Only played 5-10 minutes of each to make sure that they work.