It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Enjoy engaging gameplay and stories told from the perspective of fascinating characters. This Weekend Sale on GOG.COM is dedicated to games featuring inspiring female protagonists. Play titles like Mirror's Edge™ (-75%), Tomb Raider GOTY (-80%), and The Suicide of Rachel Foster (-75%) before the sale ends 20th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Also, while browsing through games present on this Weekend Sale, be sure to check our article about games from the Tomb Raider series that have recently joined GOG.COM ranks.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Seven - The Days Long Gone was renamed at some point, as park_84 pointed out. That still leaves the question of why the image is in the promo pic when the game is not part of that sale.

Also, I think I should take this opportunity to point out that Seven hasn't received the last two updates on GOG, which add a Chinese language option and FINALLY fix a sidequest that was broken since the initial release (if you've played the game, you know the one I'm talking about).
Post edited September 19, 2021 by Exsurgent
Tarhiel: I can´t find Sci-fi week thread, so I´m posting here:
Why is there a Seven: The Days Long Gone game on the promo pic, when that game is no longer on GOG?
park_84: I'm not sure what you mean, isn't it this one?
Yup, that´s the one, but Exsurgent answered my question meanwhile - it was renamed, that´s why I could´t find it, but it still leaves the question of why the image is in the promo pic when the game is not part of that sale.

And to developers: please, get the GOG version fully updated.
Post edited September 19, 2021 by Tarhiel
GamezRanker: Iirc, you yourself were the one who asked everyone(including me) in a thread awhile back to NOT make any forum pings to you/your posts.....which I was kindly following.
You misremember, it was a specific thread that I had withdrawn from, not all threads ever. Respect for going above and beyond though.
Post edited September 19, 2021 by my name is supyreor catte
It's funny to see the Neptunia games here but they weren't incluided at the JRPG sale last week... Looks like IFI don't want them being cheap for long periods of time lol
Ah, and talking about IFI... Hey GOG, it's about time you tell them to release something new here, it will be 2 years since their last release. Games like Mugen Souls/Z, Death end re;Quest 1/2, Omega Quintet, Fairy Fencer F and many more, would be great additions. I'd buy them here in a heartbeat. XD
idbeholdME: Sony has Drakan, unfortunately. So it is doubly buried. Firstly because it is a PC game (which might as well be a swear word to Sony) and secondly, it's a very old game which they probably don't even know they own....
GamezRanker: Yeah, it's not a nice situation......anyone who has a copy of the first game cannot easily finish the storyline on their PCs (well, unless they own a copy of the ps2 game and emulate it, perhaps)
Now that I cannot agree with, since I have finished the game without issues on a Windows 10 PC. dgVoodoo allowed me to play the game normally. I have both the box version and a pirated one (to preserve the disc as much as possible).

The main problem is the installer since it is a 16 bit application. But luckily, all you need to do is just extract all the files from the disc (I used UniExtract) into a folder and the game will run. It doesn't need any registry keys or anything.

Also, the first game is honestly much better than the second. That one is a console game through and through and worse in pretty much all aspects imaginable (from the few hours of gameplay I'd seen). Pretty sad that an incredible game has been followed by a console exclusive, mediocre at best one.
Post edited September 19, 2021 by idbeholdME
Why Unforgiving - A Northern Hymn ( developed by Angry Demon Studio) isn't on Gog yet ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvOB9D2Z4CE
low rated
The title of this sale somehow sounds desperate almost as though some YouTuber called them out for not having enough diversity so they shoehorned in a reason for this sale.
LUISDooM: It's funny to see the Neptunia games here but they weren't incluided at the JRPG sale last week... Looks like IFI don't want them being cheap for long periods of time lol
Ah, and talking about IFI... Hey GOG, it's about time you tell them to release something new here, it will be 2 years since their last release. Games like Mugen Souls/Z, Death end re;Quest 1/2, Omega Quintet, Fairy Fencer F and many more, would be great additions. I'd buy them here in a heartbeat. XD
Agreed fully
low rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: So, why is perpetuating this sexist double-standard against males "okay"?
Because this is woke and what the idiotic SJW crowd wants. Women = Awesome, Men = Suck. So women get celebrated everywhere.
low rated
my name is supyreor catte: You misremember, it was a specific thread that I had withdrawn from, not all threads ever. Respect for going above and beyond though.
I remember that it was from a specific thread(albeit not which thread)....still, I felt it best to give you some space for awhile regardless. However, if you are back to being okay with direct replies, then I will reply as such from now on.

====

idbeholdME: Now that I cannot agree with, since I have finished the game without issues on a Windows 10 PC. dgVoodoo allowed me to play the game normally. I have both the box version and a pirated one (to preserve the disc as much as possible).
Sorry, I sometimes have trouble putting some things into words. What I meant was that with the games being on different systems, it becomes harder for some to play both of them(not impossible, just somewhat harder).

idbeholdME: The main problem is the installer since it is a 16 bit application. But luckily, all you need to do is just extract all the files from the disc (I used UniExtract) into a folder and the game will run. It doesn't need any registry keys or anything.
Thanks for the tip/info

idbeholdME: Also, the first game is honestly much better than the second. That one is a console game through and through and worse in pretty much all aspects imaginable (from the few hours of gameplay I'd seen). Pretty sad that an incredible game has been followed by a console exclusive, mediocre at best one.
On the second game: I disagree somewhat

I agree that it could be better in some ways, but still: I like the second game, and think it's not too bad.....compared to some other console sequels/ports, that is.
(Imo it has a few nice side characters/mini bosses/quests that I liked, as well as some nice music in some places.....also I love the dragon flying bits)
Post edited September 20, 2021 by GamezRanker
pferreira1983: The title of this sale somehow sounds desperate almost as though some YouTuber called them out for not having enough diversity so they shoehorned in a reason for this sale.
I would say that the title is uninspired in general. Even if GOG wanted to appeal to the woke crowd, they could call this sale "Girl Power" or something like that.

It's also funny how The Longest Journey is on sale but not Dreamfall games. Even if all three "feature female leads".
low rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: So, why is perpetuating this sexist double-standard against males "okay"?
ShadowAngel.207: Because this is woke and what the idiotic SJW crowd wants. Women = Awesome, Men = Suck. So women get celebrated everywhere.
looks like that
Post edited September 20, 2021 by Orkhepaj
Man, people reading way too much into sales title. These female protag sales happen once in a while and it IS a proper kind of "specific" sale since if you put male protag sale on you'd wind up with like 80-90% (if not more) of the whole store offerings, lol. Chill out, people :)
Yrtti: Man, people reading way too much into sales title. These female protag sales happen once in a while and it IS a proper kind of "specific" sale since if you put male protag sale on you'd wind up with like 80-90% (if not more) of the whole store offerings, lol. Chill out, people :)
That's basically it. You highlight the exception, not the rule - statistically most games have male protagonists, so the ones with female protagonists are noteworthy. You could just as easily have a "Games with left-handed protagonists" sale but you might struggle to find enough games.
low rated
A left handed protagonist game sale....hmm, that'd be something unique/interesting, at least. Not like yet another same old same old sale yet again(we've had a few women in gaming sales already with more or less the same bland uninspired titles).

====

LootHunter: I would say that the title is uninspired in general. Even if GOG wanted to appeal to the woke crowd, they could call this sale "Girl Power" or something like that.
That title is brilliant!
(ok maybe that's a tad hyperbolic, but it's better than the title we did get, at any rate)
Post edited September 21, 2021 by GamezRanker