It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Enjoy engaging gameplay and stories told from the perspective of fascinating characters. This Weekend Sale on GOG.COM is dedicated to games featuring inspiring female protagonists. Play titles like Mirror's Edge™ (-75%), Tomb Raider GOTY (-80%), and The Suicide of Rachel Foster (-75%) before the sale ends 20th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Also, while browsing through games present on this Weekend Sale, be sure to check our article about games from the Tomb Raider series that have recently joined GOG.COM ranks.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
I wish they would release Mirror's Edge Catalyst.
The game is 5 years old. Come on, GOG and EA! :)
Can't believe I haven't picked up Mirror's Edge yet - caught my attention "back in the day" and I even liked the demo - nice platforming parkour puzzles with an interesting art style.

And I'll second Dex - AWESOME, excellent game. I'm not even a pixel junkie (if anything it turns me off unless it's done well - like it is here).

But cyberspace missions are great diversion, upgrading your character and gear is fantastic and the combat is solid all mixed in a really neat vibrant world... well vibrant in the sense that it's alive - the world itself is sort of darkly dystopian cyberfuture. For a buck fifty it's a no brainer.
Seems odd that the Neptunia games made this sale, but not the last JRPG sale. It's about the most Japanese RPG I own. While some people don't like it, it's one of my favorites, for the "tacticle" combat and amusing characters.
SCPM: It took me just under 9 hours to finish. The game world is comprised of a series of 'rooms', and the game progress is generally saved automatically between each of these rooms.
Thanks for the info!

Also, have you played Bright Memory at all?
Dex and Hedon are great. Too bad that Dex is on the shorter side.
Can't go wrong with Tomb Raider either, I prefer the older ones to the newer trilogy.
Edit: Forgot about Iconoclasts, another fun game.
Post edited September 18, 2021 by NuffCatnip
My favorite female lead was included: Senua! Hellblade is a whole different beast, with great care taken to depict faithfully a difficult and deep theme, and a masterpiece of storytelling. A -75% discount is a fantastic opportunity to try it.
Post edited September 17, 2021 by ConsulCaesar
SCPM: It took me just under 9 hours to finish. The game world is comprised of a series of 'rooms', and the game progress is generally saved automatically between each of these rooms.
IronArcturus: Thanks for the info!

Also, have you played Bright Memory at all?
Yes, it's not bad, but it is very short and the story is unfinished, right now it's more like a demo for the upcoming Bright Memory Infinite.
I generally prefer female leads in games, but this is such a weird theme for a sale. There is no lack of female characters in games at all. This really isn't something that needs a spotlight at all. Comes across as very tacky.
What about horizon zero dawn?
low rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: That's quite the sexist sale title and premise, given the fact that GOG hasn't ever, and surely never will, have a sale with a title/premise like "games featuring male leads."

If "female leads" should be the premise/title of some sales, then so too should "male leads" equally be the premise/title of the same number of sales, and within the roughly the same time span as when the "female leads" ones occur. Yet we don't ever see that.

So, why is perpetuating this sexist double-standard against males "okay"?
Respect to you.
Some new additions to the catalogue to go along would have been nice.

Like Velvet Assassin, Stolen, Psychotoxic, Remember Me, Bullet Witch, Bazooka Sue, Riana Rouge, Druuna: Morbus Gravis, X-Blades, the Onechanbara series, Time Paradox, Drakan, K. Hawk - Survival Instinct, Bikini Karate Babes 1+2, Hydrophobia, Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok, Republique, Alien: Isolation, SNK HEROINES: Tag Team Frenzy, Bladed Fury, Vinyl Goddess from Mars, Vixen, etc.
Post edited September 17, 2021 by Swedrami
SSolomon: I generally prefer female leads in games, but this is such a weird theme for a sale. There is no lack of female characters in games at all. This really isn't something that needs a spotlight at all. Comes across as very tacky.
We've had sales on pretty much any theme imaginable. All the genres, countries of origin, graphics styles, settings and whatever else you could possibly come up with. It's not about giving anything a spotlight, it's just a gimmick to differentiate one weekly sale from the next. Many of those themes come up again and again, since there's really only so many to come up with week in, week out.
Post edited September 17, 2021 by Breja
“Bombshell” Shelly (Ion Fury) and sweet sweet Caroline (Viscerafest) are missing in this list too.
low rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: That's quite the sexist sale title and premise, given the fact that GOG hasn't ever, and surely never will, have a sale with a title/premise like "games featuring male leads."

If "female leads" should be the premise/title of some sales, then so too should "male leads" equally be the premise/title of the same number of sales, and within the roughly the same time span as when the "female leads" ones occur. Yet we don't ever see that.

Oh look, another fragile male gamer!

Your tears: They're delicious! *nom nom nom*
low rated

The factual nature of your comment sure has triggered a lot. But then again that's all it takes these days "facts"

You should kinda be happy, having something like this in your name is more like convincing gullible morons that they matter while trying to get money from them. Only an insecure loser needs something credited to their name, while people who are an actual do something great move along and get remembered in History. Hence, why we have the entirety of history behind our back as men. Nearly everything great is credited to men, so don't worry.
Post edited September 17, 2021 by dgnfly