It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
Braggadar: It means absolutely zip. The person you're picking on might have several thousand hours across different GOG games. But if Galaxy's not logged in and online to collect and send this data back to GOG's servers, then your profile remains pretty much empty.

You don't need Galaxy to play games, after all.
Or you might be like me, on an operating system where Galaxy is nigh useless and the profile is seen as a worthless social feature as GOG isn't social enough for a profile to be of any use.
I'm somehow able to download grim dawn via heroic launcher on steam deck and it now its showing "Tag Not Found" over a certain area in the map and some items. I don't have the rainbow filter mod or anything, hopefully its due to an older version of the game that I'm getting. Strange that I was able to install via heroic but on galaxy launcher on my desktop I'm getting stuck at 91.8%
Braggadar: It means absolutely zip. The person you're picking on might have several thousand hours across different GOG games. But if Galaxy's not logged in and online to collect and send this data back to GOG's servers, then your profile remains pretty much empty.

Darvond: Or you might be like me, on an operating system where Galaxy is nigh useless and the profile is seen as a worthless social feature as GOG isn't social enough for a profile to be of any use.
*nod* My Internet-connected PC runs Linux and has a policy that things which manage package installation must be open-source and my dedicated gaming/fun PCs run Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 98SE/MS-DOS+Win311, and Mac OS 9, respectively, and have no Internet access.

(James Rolfe and Mike Matei have a ton of consoles plugged into video switchers; I've got a bunch of PCs plugged into KVM switches.)
Post edited July 27, 2023 by ssokolow
Mhegs77: ...I couldn't help but notice you don't have any game activitty for the past few years and you only have 15 hours total gaming on GOG? hm. interesting

Indeed... ditched it myself recently after seeing how many event log errors a job for it was logging in my gaming rig... trash software on an otherwise great service.. well for the most part. (came in here to see if official word that we are past this issue is in yet)
Megabyte: came in here to see if official word that we are past this issue is in yet
Not entirely as far as I can tell. Almost all games I've downloaded/updated in the last couple of days are now complete but there's one that still doesn't want to show me that sweet 100%, which is Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning.
Is it fixed already?
chandra: Due to the lost data caused by our CDN storage provider's outage, and out games distribution system currently use our secondary storage. After investigating some performance and stability issues, we've deployed additional fixes that should have mitigated the occasional errors with offline installers that were still occurring.

That being said, until our provider brings back all of our storage data, which is aimed for Thursday morning (CEST), there still may be singular cases where downloads/updates are unsuccessful, slow downloads speeds are also to be expected in the nearest future. Please contact our Customer Support should you encounter such problems. We will keep you updated the moment I have new information on the matter.
It is Thursday. May we have an update please?
high rated
Hey all, we wanted to give you an update that technical difficulties with downloading and updating games have been resolved. In coming days, as we'll begin to switch back to our primary storage and CDN provider, occasional technical issues may still occur – our Team is continuously monitoring the situation and we will make sure to keep you informed of any changes.
My Stellaris Install is still hanging at 10%, as it has been all day despite restarting it regularly, but the server E9 errors have stopped. Finger's crossed I get the remaining 90% of the game soon!
Clownski_: Hey all, we wanted to give you an update that technical difficulties with downloading and updating games have been resolved. In coming days, as we'll begin to switch back to our primary storage and CDN provider, occasional technical issues may still occur – our Team is continuously monitoring the situation and we will make sure to keep you informed of any changes.
Thank you. Do you have a rough estimate for when the switch back to the primary provider will be complete?
Clownski_: Hey all, we wanted to give you an update that technical difficulties with downloading and updating games have been resolved. In coming days, as we'll begin to switch back to our primary storage and CDN provider, occasional technical issues may still occur – our Team is continuously monitoring the situation and we will make sure to keep you informed of any changes.
I can't download the Galaxy update, my existing Galaxy states a communication failure and quits, and because I'm on mac I have no other way to download games.
The only remaining problem I'm seeing is missing Blackwell Linux installers

lgogdownloader logs:
Download complete (HTTP response code said error (404)): blackwell_legacy_3_0_66153.sh
Download complete (HTTP response code said error (404)): blackwell_unbound_3_0_66153.sh
Download complete (HTTP response code said error (404)): blackwell_convergence_3_0_66153.sh
Download complete (HTTP response code said error (404)): blackwell_deception_3_0_66153.sh
Download complete (HTTP response code said error (404)): blackwell_epiphany_3_0_66153.sh
Nothing has been fixed. I still can't download The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of Chaos, it's stuck at 16%.
high rated
Collyermum: I can't download the Galaxy update, my existing Galaxy states a communication failure and quits
That has nothing to do with this thread. See if this post in the GOG Galaxy forum helps.
Collyermum: because I'm on mac I have no other way to download games.
Anyone can use a web browser and download offline installers regardless of the operating system used.
Post edited July 27, 2023 by Ice_Mage
Can you please fix this launcher at once PLEASE. Every time I verify / repair the game files GOG thinks I am missing the 4.04 update for The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt while I have already 4.04a. I just want to verify / repair like on STEAM, nothing more nothing else. Also downloading got stuck again, and I don't want to download entire game from scratch because it will get stuck probably. Also I have cloud saves even though I disabled them, and I have that issue literally for years. I've built a new RIG even, and nothing has fixed. I really really hope that GOG will be stable launcher in the future, otherwise I will really have to switch to steam completely.

EDIT: apparently, I was missing many enpc.w3speech files, it was not GOG trying to download the 4.03 to 4.04a patch which is 2.4 gigs in size. But how I bypassed this issue is by comparing steam content files to GOG's and I was missing many enpc.w3speech files for God knows which reason. Friend told me the size of those files from his healthy GOG content folder and they are the same in size as on steam. Luckily I have the steam copy of the game as well so I copied those and pasted to GOG's content folders, and then did the verification and it worked (verification was 167 mb download only). GOG never managed to finish the download of those 2.4 gigs enpc.w3speech files, it always got stuck, so yeah. I solved with this dirty trick, and it worked. Now if you ask me why I don't use steam over GOG, well you know why already. Steam is forcing you to update, which means your modded game is probably nuked. GOG not and you have time to update everything for yourself. I hope GOG resolves these download issues in the future.
Attachments:
Post edited July 28, 2023 by AKA.Origins