It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
mrkgnao: GOG has MD5 data associated with each of their files (installers and patches, not goodies), which can be obtained from their servers through their API. Well, could until today. For now, it's gone.
Xeshra: I still dont get it because those MD5, from the EXE, should still be there else the file would be broken (not complete anymore). Are you fetching it from the server?

I just download it manually, put the content into a folder and will be attaching my own MD5 info. Of course, before its done i may use the GoG MD5 check and verify nothing is broken... If i am sure the folder is not corrupt i will ZIP it and attach the MD5 of the entire content. But of course, you could use both, the executable MD5 and the MD5 of the zipped folder.

Advantage is: Once you know a certain folder is "correct" you do not need to check so many files anymore, instead the entire package which has been set to around 150 GB max size, of each package. Although my game-files are handled by genre and max size inside a certain genre and you can manually check it without settting up any tool (which may need compatibility), so it works for absolutely any file and package.
The MD5 are not part of the files. They are separate entries, used to verify the files.
So, where is this entry located and whats exactly the reason you can not use it anymore?
How is this still going on for 3 days.....Games still stopping installation at 92 percent. And no warning on the storefront..
Is there any fix to this bug?
Post edited July 24, 2023 by DodgeDredd
Xeshra: So, where is this entry located and whats exactly the reason you can not use it anymore?
You will have to look into the gogrepoc code to figure that one out.
Usually, i do not trust those data to much because the MD5 check will be automatically done upon installing and for me the game is not corrupt if i succeed installing it, including a passed MD5 check (if available, in most cases it is enabled).

The other stuff, after this first "install-check" is then done manually by using zipped folders and a own hash-code.

Also: Not every game got it, so, sometimes you simply need to ensure the game is working properly, and if so... it can be set to "passed"... no other way but usually it is impossible to install and play a broken game (damaged binarys usually will cause a lot of troubles). However, for Steam games, you can still verify the integrity by Steam but there is no "Offline Code" attached. However, i only got about 10 Steam games which are DRM free (i do not archive any "locked" games).

I was checking a freshly downloaded game now, the error check is still there as it should be attached to the games binary. Maybe it will not work if you are fetching it directly from the servers.

Of course, a integrity error can be on many spots. A file could be with a correct integrity but the drive, RAM, or CPU (even the bus system from the MB can be the issue, in rare cases even the BIOS) are creating a failure while reading, processing and/or installing it. In this case your Error check may be "passed" yet, there is still corruption at some "later spot". Sometimes, maybe the drives or OS file system is corrupted, then the files may not even be readable anymore, no matter the correct integrity. So, it can become a complicated matter but in general the stuff works fine.
Post edited July 24, 2023 by Xeshra
Looks like not everything is fully resolved. I'm now getting further than I did all weekend but my CP2077 download still hangs at 92% when using GOG Galaxy. Sadface.
No more 404 on some of the files of Batman Arkham Origins' base-game stuff. Sweet.
GOG fixed that one.
Thank you for the update GOG. When I have time I'll test some of my games.

Edit: There working for me now.
Post edited July 24, 2023 by Syphon72
What is the solution to installation hanging at 92 percent. Do you leave it running or do you delete and start over?
chandra: Thanks for bringing this to our attention – our Team is investigating issues regarding JA3.
It would be also nice to investigate "The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie", the offline installers are back but the game is outdated and lags behind steam version.
I got mortal Kombat trilogy and the suffering tdb to download. I bought those over the week end and they did download till today so I guess some games are working
Xeshra: Usually, i do not trust those data to much because the MD5 check will be automatically done upon installing and for me the game is not corrupt if i succeed installing it, including a passed MD5 check (if available, in most cases it is enabled).
There are two types of MD5 data available, plus it seems you are creating your own if I am not mistaken, which is not to be relied on if you haven't done one of the other two MD5 checks.

1. The MD5 values for each file, can only be obtained from GOG via their API, though others could provide a list of them having already done that. This is an MD5 value that matches the EXE or BIN package at GOG on their server. Comparing with that, you can tell if what you downloaded matches or has been corrupted by the download process.

2. Inside every Installer Creator package, is a list of MD5 values for every file inside the EXE or BIN file archive. That is what gets checked against during installation.

For those who are downloading and archiving immediately, the first MD5 type, is the most helpful and fastest to complete when checking. The second type is more comprehensive and much much slower to check with, and either requires an install of the game or you can use InnoExtract with its test option. Of course, installing may not check every file, only what gets installed. This is why overall, if you are archiving (backing up your game) you are better relying on the first type of MD5 check, unless you have the time to do the full test with InnoExtract.
Well, I'm holding a few more days on trying to DL some updated games via offline installers library. IE: No Man's Sky 4GB bins start off fast at about 3 minutes eta and about half way they jump to 20+minutes eta. Suggests to me that there could still be issues / file corruption. Not to mention I don't have a half-day to DL five game updates at these speeds.
Mailanka: All games that were 404ing before now seem to be downloading (their offline installers) just fine. I've verified that the ones I care about also install properly and boot up normally.

Thank you!
*nod* Last night, it looks like they'd prioritized GALAXY-based installs for fixing, since games like Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time would start to download the .bin files through LGOGDownloader but the .exe installers would 404.

Now, they're downloading just fine.

(I'll know soon enough whether they're good, because I'm downloading them to populate a dedicated, firewalled-off-from-the-Internet "as little multitasking as possible" Win7 gaming machine I built out of hand-me-downs I couldn't install in my main Linux PC for various reasons and parts I did buy but ended up retiring or not using for one reason or another. Gotta love when retired tech means you can build an entire gaming machine for just the cost of a USB/DVI KVM switch.)

I just wish Dungeon Keeper 2 didn't store player progress in the registry. That's a hassle to transfer from Wine to Windows 7 and then to integrate into a WinSCP-based savegame backup script.
Post edited July 24, 2023 by ssokolow
Cyberpunk 2077 is trying to do an update and keeps failing at 92% via Galaxy.

EDIT - 12:42pm EST: CP 2077 finished the update via Galaxy. Good to go.
Post edited July 24, 2023 by MysterD