It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
timppu: Where does GOG make such a promise?
The key word in that post of mine was essentially.

When people go to buy from a grocery store and the product isn't there, the store (usually, at least
over here) says they're out of stock and also gives you a "rain check" if the item was on sale.
They don't allow you to buy something they don't have in-stock and then let you discover that fact
afterwards, like what is essentially happening with GOG atm.

----------------

Fuguss: I am waiting myself because I reformatted my PC and didn't have my stuff backed up. I am not blaming GoG for it, these things happen and it was beyond their control.
I am also waiting, as I have games to play.......but I eventually want to DL the rest of the stuff I paid for, and I also want to see others (especially those who might not have started DLing their content yet) be able to do so as well.

And true enough, sometimes third party issues are out of GOG's control.....but not how GOG responds to them.
Post edited July 24, 2023 by GamezRanker
Fix this ASAP!! I'm still unable to download Factorio...
GOG: Did you take away your giveaway fish? I get 404 - Not Found for:

Beholder 2

Sigma Theory: Global Cold War

Sunblaze

Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs

To compare, the amazing gifts #Doc0075 gave me, download fine.

In case this is part of the technical issues you are talking about, let me know how to open a support request.
Provide_A_Username: In case this is part of the technical issues you are talking about, let me know how to open a support request.
Email support@the obvious domain name, for this purpose it's much simpler than messing with the chat bot, and there's no useful FAQ that the chat bot might find.
I don't know why some people so freaked out. Shit happens and GOG is GOG. The so called incompetence is kinda expected.

But If GOG finally kick the bucket please give us some headup so I can finally buy an extra HDD for my offline installer. But then again it's pointless if you can't really download them like now XD
Post edited July 24, 2023 by zlaywal
mrkgnao: For those of you confused by the persisting failures, despite the optimistic update post from GOG and the disappearance of the warning banner, here is what I consider to be an honest update:

- TLDR: 10-11% failure rate; no noticeably significant improvement since the outage began; zero change in the last 24 hours
- AFAIK, the current GOG storage outage began on Thursday, 20 July 2023
- If using offline installers, the outage causes some file downloads (not all) to fail with a 404 error
- If using galaxy, I am told the outage causes some game installations (not all) to fail (either immediately, or often after 90-92%)
- It doesn't really matter to report here which files fail; the list is very long and may change over time, platform, and perhaps location
- Overall, there hasn't been any noticeably significant improvement in the scope of the outage since its beginning, more than three days ago, at least not outside galaxy (but some games do get better, and some do get worse)
- However, if you're only interested in a specific failing game, you might want to try it again from time to time; you could get lucky
- To give you a sense of the magnitude of the problem, I have tested just now all 10,222 files in my GOG library (I do not use galaxy)
- Of the 10,222 files in my library, 1,051 completely fail to download (404 error) --- a 10% failure rate
- If you'd rather count uninstallable games, of my 2,138 games, 236 have one or more installer files failing --- an 11% failure rate
- Additionally, 482 files in my library are currently missing their GOG API MD5 data (likely not an issue for most of you)
- Hope this helps clear things up a bit
- Expect another update tomorrow
Does this imply there's no point in reporting (to support or here) which games fail?
zlaywal: I don't know why some people so freaked out. Shit happens and GOG is GOG. The so called incompetence is kinda expected.

But If GOG finally kick the bucket please give us some headup so I can finally buy an extra HDD for my offline installer. But then again it's pointless if you can't really download them like now XD
Thing is if they did give notice even with their servers fully operational not many people will get their libraries downloaded. The server load of most of GOG's customers all scrambling to download their collections would just crash the place.

My advice is to plan ahead and buy that drive now and start backing up your collection. I've been doing that since 2018 when I joined here.
Fuguss: Not like GoG can start hosting torrents of them.
Darvond: I MEAN, PEOPLE DO THAT ALREADY, WHAT WOULD THE SKIN OFF THEIR HYPOTHETICAL BACKS BE TO DIP INTO THE SAME WELL THAT STEALS FROM THEM?
I know your post was sarcasm but will respond anyways for the people who actually wonder this.

The legal liability from the developers unless they managed to lock it down so that the tracker could keep track of their accounts and which torrents they could access and all.

Along with the developers pulling out entirely the moment they started for fear of them contributing to piracy in a way that the courts would say they facilitated it.

Most developers would fear the thought of GoG actively facilitating the copyright infringement of their games intentionally or not the moment torrents were used.
Provide_A_Username: GOG: Did you take away your giveaway fish? I get 404 - Not Found for:

Beholder 2

Sigma Theory: Global Cold War

Sunblaze

Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs

To compare, the amazing gifts #Doc0075 gave me, download fine.

In case this is part of the technical issues you are talking about, let me know how to open a support request.
Opening a ticket :
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/categories/201553005-Downloads-Installing?product=gog

click on the "contact us" button at the bottom of the page

you "normally" will have to deal with the bot 1st -> answer every questions asked you can and the ticket should be created..

if the problem isn't related (but it should according to your post) : select the closest one in the link below (same instructions as above for creating a ticket)

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us?product=gog

I know it's just cumbersome :-(
Post edited July 24, 2023 by DyNaer
Fuguss: I am waiting myself because I reformatted my PC and didn't have my stuff backed up. I am not blaming GoG for it, these things happen and it was beyond their control.
GamezRanker: I am also waiting, as I have games to play.......but I eventually want to DL the rest of the stuff I paid for, and I also want to see others (especially those who might not have started DLing their content yet) be able to do so as well.

And true enough, sometimes third party issues are out of GOG's control.....but not how GOG responds to them.
True enough, they should put a warning at the top of the main page that they are having issues with their CDN and that downloads will be impacted till it is addressed but anything already downloaded or installed will be completely unaffected and they apologize for the inconvenience.
Fuguss: True enough, they should put a warning at the top of the main page that they are having issues with their CDN and that downloads will be impacted till it is addressed but anything already downloaded or installed will be completely unaffected and they apologize for the inconvenience.
There was a banner site wide : but now there's only a message at the top of the support center page.

I suppose it was removed because the banner was intrusive (just a theory)
Post edited July 24, 2023 by DyNaer
mrkgnao: For those of you confused by the persisting failures, despite the optimistic update post from GOG and the disappearance of the warning banner, here is what I consider to be an honest update:

- TLDR: 10-11% failure rate; no noticeably significant improvement since the outage began; zero change in the last 24 hours
- AFAIK, the current GOG storage outage began on Thursday, 20 July 2023
- If using offline installers, the outage causes some file downloads (not all) to fail with a 404 error
- If using galaxy, I am told the outage causes some game installations (not all) to fail (either immediately, or often after 90-92%)
- It doesn't really matter to report here which files fail; the list is very long and may change over time, platform, and perhaps location
- Overall, there hasn't been any noticeably significant improvement in the scope of the outage since its beginning, more than three days ago, at least not outside galaxy (but some games do get better, and some do get worse)
- However, if you're only interested in a specific failing game, you might want to try it again from time to time; you could get lucky
- To give you a sense of the magnitude of the problem, I have tested just now all 10,222 files in my GOG library (I do not use galaxy)
- Of the 10,222 files in my library, 1,051 completely fail to download (404 error) --- a 10% failure rate
- If you'd rather count uninstallable games, of my 2,138 games, 236 have one or more installer files failing --- an 11% failure rate
- Additionally, 482 files in my library are currently missing their GOG API MD5 data (likely not an issue for most of you)
- Hope this helps clear things up a bit
- Expect another update tomorrow
nightstrike_gog: Does this imply there's no point in reporting (to support or here) which games fail?
There's no point reporting particular games until the situation is resolved because until it is it could just be a propagation issue that will resolve once they get the CDN back to full capacity.
Fuguss: True enough, they should put a warning at the top of the main page that they are having issues with their CDN and that downloads will be impacted till it is addressed but anything already downloaded or installed will be completely unaffected and they apologize for the inconvenience.
DyNaer: There was a banner site wide : but now there's only a message at the top of the support center page.

I suppose it was removed because the banner was intrusive (just a theory)
Well, every site likes to put their cookies notice in that spot so yes, very intrusive.
micktiegs_8: Well, every site likes to put their cookies notice in that spot so yes, very intrusive.
Well the banner was present even in the library : as far i know you must login to the front page first so you are aware of the message .... I could understand its presence at the front page and the support center ... but pointless otherwise. (unless i missed a point).

i think i eaten enough cookies ....
tricos: I am getting the impression that nobody's working on the issue due to it being a weekend - otherwise I can't understand why fixing it should take more than two days.
Syphon72: Maybe GOG should give away Cyberpunk 2077 for taking so long. Not joking
something like that