It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
Xeshra: Metro Exodus, DLCs broken...

Sad, i needed to update. For me i think every 4. game or so is is broken, whoa.

Is is not a "occasional failure", it is a critical one.
When it comes to Metro Exodus there's something wrong with extras too. For months. :P Strange GOG doesn't detect such obvious errors automaticly somehow and just fix them.
Attachments:
NuffCatnip: Weekends are for relaxation, people aren't robots, you can't work 24/7.
GOG staff(or at least a good chunk of it) get weekends off, along with a boatload of national holidays.
Now is not the time for relaxing.....now is the time to roll up the shirt sleeves and get 'er done.
Xeshra: Metro Exodus, DLCs broken...

Sad, i needed to update. For me i think every 4. game or so is is broken, whoa.

Is is not a "occasional failure", it is a critical one.
Caban: When it comes to Metro Exodus there's something wrong with extras too. For months. :P Strange GOG doesn't detect such obvious errors automaticly somehow and just fix them.
This is the reason you always will need some "old versions" backed up of the game and if a game is by nature very big in size... it is safe to say not even a 20 TB HDD is truly "a lot".

But yeah, if you still need several of them and every HDD is 300 coins... you will feel the pain.

On Steam on many games you can not even really "rollback" anymore because Updates are being enforced on many terms. However, it is totally possible that a Update can break something for you with such a critical issue that you prefer "to roll back".. if you could.

DRM free simply means: You are free to use the version you enjoy. But fact is, if you do not backup a old game version yourself you may not have the ability to roll back anymore, not even on GoG.

Sometimes, they fix something and at the same time something gets broken or maybe something is even becoming corrupt... not usual but totally possible.

Data management is not for the lazy but if you do the work someday it may be worth it for you and your freedom.
Post edited July 23, 2023 by Xeshra
Caban: When it comes to Metro Exodus there's something wrong with extras too. For months. :P Strange GOG doesn't detect such obvious errors automaticly somehow and just fix them.
Xeshra: This is the reason you always will need some "old versions" backed up of the game and if a game is by nature very big in size... it is safe to say not even a 20 TB HDD is truly "a lot".

But yeah, if you still need several of them and every HDD is 300 coins... you will feel the pain.
Indeed. We really need possibility to download older offline installers, not only most up to date ones and rely on Galaxy with downgrades. I'm still bit angry I updated my Twinsen's Little Big Adventure 2 installer with current one and now classic version is avaiable only as DLC, can't install it separately as before without installing remastered version... Fortunately I still own 2 pcs with old version installed but can't move them to other devices. And I have 6 laptops with different OSes just in my main room. :P

Also agree we need bigger HDDs for all these backups. WD and Seagate promises us HAMR and MAMR HDDs for years, yes still fail to deliver them. Biggest one I own right now is 18tb WD one, but 5tb 2.5'' Seagate drives are also cheap and handy to move whole library around. There's also quite cheap Samsung 8tb ssd avaiable - enough to keep my whole collection installed all at once. :P But I'm more into older games that's why I can fit them on such "tiny" space. ^^
Has any progress been made?

I bought Sid Meier's Civilization 3 and I installed it with galaxy, it got stuck at 92% for at least ten minutes, and then it finished. So at least this game seems to work
XYCat: Has any progress been made?
Short answer: Nothing noticeably significant.

Longer answer:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/update_on_technical_issues_affecting_downloading_and_updating_games_afa62/post516
bumbicek: I'm surprised by bold statements about GOG staff don't work on weekends, GOG neglecting their customers and so on. Well, maybe they don't care and they aren't working on it. It's been three days, it's possible. But it's also possible they cancelled their weekends, they are working overnight and they are doing their best. Again, we don't know what is really happening, and therefore we shouldn't make comments about it. That would be wise.
True enough.

But holy unknown alphabet, Batman, the asian spam bots sure make this place look utterly abandoned on the weekend.
I just tried to install a dozen older games that failed to install yesterday, and this time, only one of them failed. Apparently, some progress is behind made behind the scenes. It would be nice to have some concrete information from GOG staff, though.
Xeshra: Which MD5 data? From you or from the files itself?
mrkgnao: GOG has MD5 data associated with each of their files (only installers), which can be obtained from their servers through the API. That MD5.
Not every game got a MD5, but i would say the majority of them.

Best is to make your own MD5 checks, i assume. But of course, if it is already broken on the server it will not be much use for you because you lack the "correct redundancy" from the very source.
CaptBasil: I just tried to install a dozen older games that failed to install yesterday,
What do you mean by "fail to install"? A Error message by downloading it? Or a failed redundancy check?
Post edited July 23, 2023 by Xeshra
high rated
It should surprise no one that GOG's CDN is as inept as they are, and that neither had a contingency beyond "fingers crossed!" That this has persisted over 3 to 4 days should also surprise no one, since apparently, crossing your fingers and hoping things get better is no more a solution than crossing your fingers and hoping it doesn't fail to begin with. The failure was more than a temporary glitch, or the CDN would have had it back up by now (running system backup restores only takes so long if your system crashes). GOG hired a CDN that has failed catastrophically. This is a terrible look for them, if people can't download games they buy.

I wonder what they'll do to compensate people for their inconvenience. Or if they'll rather thank us for our patience and nothing else. Sure, It's just "video games," but it is a business, and should be run like one. CDP is either going to have to put money back into GOG, or they should just shut it down. Hopefully this opened some eyes that GOG cannot continue to function on a shoestring budget.
Might be time to buy an extra harddrive to secure my DRM-free games from gog... if I could download them that is.
XYCat: Has any progress been made?
mrkgnao: Short answer: Nothing noticeably significant.

Longer answer:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/update_on_technical_issues_affecting_downloading_and_updating_games_afa62/post516
"Of the 10,222 files in my library, 1,050 currently completely fail to download"

Putting aside that those numbers are higher than the games available in GOG. 1050 of 10.222 should be a noticeable advance in my world.

The GOG issue is not yet solved but I am putting your "objective" data under quarantine.
I've had enough, time to download pirated copies in the "to" site.
Post edited July 23, 2023 by 016R35
Gudadantza: "Of the 10,222 files in my library, 1,050 currently completely fail to download"

Putting aside that those numbers are higher than the games available in GOG. 1050 of 10.222 should be a noticeable advance in my world.

The GOG issue is not yet solved but I am putting your "objective" data under quarantine.
mrkgnao wrote "files", not games.
Post edited July 23, 2023 by Halbzeit
Gudadantza: "Of the 10,222 files in my library, 1,050 currently completely fail to download"

Huh?
Of course the number of F-I-L-E-S available to download from GOG are higher than the number of G-A-M-E-S.