It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
Gudadantza: "Of the 10,222 files in my library, 1,050 currently completely fail to download"

Putting aside that those numbers are higher than the games available in GOG. 1050 of 10.222 should be a noticeable advance in my world.

The GOG issue is not yet solved but I am putting your "objective" data under quarantine.
Braggadar: Huh?
Of course the number of F-I-L-E-S available to download from GOG are higher than the number of G-A-M-E-S.
Yup, and worth noting that if just one of for example 10 parts of the installer is corrupted then rest is useless too. So it's hard to estimate how many games are really affected. Fortunately sometimes only extras give 404 while installers download normally. :P
Gudadantza: "Of the 10,222 files in my library, 1,050 currently completely fail to download"

Putting aside that those numbers are higher than the games available in GOG. 1050 of 10.222 should be a noticeable advance in my world.

The GOG issue is not yet solved but I am putting your "objective" data under quarantine.
Halbzeit: mrkgnao wrote "files", NOT games.
Ok. It`s fine. But 1050 failing of 10.222 is still a significant advance. Not mentioning that common sense says that each hour things will improve even more.

So I will put under quarantine the data. "No significant data" for me, sorry
Gudadantza: Putting aside that those numbers are higher than the games available in GOG...
Files, not games. You might have misread. ;) The Witcher III has 63 files available for download and that's just the "goodies". Some games have avatars, soundtracks, maps, artbooks, etc. So mrkgnao's 10,222 library files is very plausible.

Edit: Oops. Looks like I was ninja'd. LOL! Sorry, Gudadantza!
Post edited July 23, 2023 by matterbandit
Breja: unknown alphabet, the asian spam bots
The non-latin alphabet spam on the first few pages and over the past week is Korean.
Braggadar: Huh?
Of course the number of F-I-L-E-S available to download from GOG are higher than the number of G-A-M-E-S.
Caban: Yup, and worth noting that if just one of for example 10 parts of the installer is corrupted then rest is useless too. So it's hard to estimate how many games are really affected. Fortunately sometimes only extras give 404 while installers download normally. :P
Not only the installers in chunks. But I guess he is taking in account a lot of extras. I`d like to know how many extras and how many proper games he is talking about.
Enebias: So, let me get this straight... the staff is taking the weekend break while their store burns in an unprecedented way?
How bloody unprofessional is that? Do you like hemorraging money and stain your reputation?
timppu: Depends whether the GOG staff can really do anything about the problem, or if it is the company that offers the download servers that is (or at least should be) hard working on fixing it.

In that case the only thing GOG staff can do is to keep the communication channels open both to that service provider, and the customers. Probably no need for the majority of GOG staff cancel they weekend plans.
This is correct, the crew up wasn't their directly, but corporate executives exist to keep a look on things. Well, it's what they should do, at least.
Either they tell me the host was destroyed by an accident, say an explosion or fire, or they didn't bother to check the stability of their protocols, which is just as bad a fail as the host itself.
This is a business, the minimum it can do is controlling the security of its products and manage backup/emergency plans.
Right now it looks like the plan is "let's hope it doesn't break, and if it does hide your head in the sand".
Talking from experience, if my provider (of electrical materials, in my case) fails to deliver my client doesn't give a damn, he'll sue me because he's out of power during winter and at most in turn I can ask the damages back to the provider later.
Everything works like this, the contractual obligations are between two subjects, doesn't matter what a third does. This is why you plan ahead.
Gross incompetence on all sides.
Not a first either, since everything is broken here.

But no, instead they conveniently remove the warning and ask people to buy games like normal, like the current issue was nothing.
That's extremely unprofessional and borderline scammy.
Post edited July 23, 2023 by Enebias
Gudadantza: Putting aside that those numbers are higher than the games available in GOG...
matterbandit: Files, not games. You might have misread. ;) The Witcher III has 63 files available for download and that's just the "goodies". Some games have avatars, soundtracks, maps, artbooks, etc. So mrkgnao's 10,222 library files is very plausible.

Edit: Oops. Looks like I was ninja'd. LOL! Sorry, Gudadantza!
Oh, don`t worry mate, It use to be normal when we are commenting in the forums
10% of files corrupted means a very high mess. Because many games may have 5 or even 20 files and in the end, 1 of 4 games corrupted is a pretty accurate number. However... the "big games" got a way higher risk because of the number of files involved.
Post edited July 23, 2023 by Xeshra
Xeshra: 10% of files corrupted means a very high mess. Because many games may have 5 or even 20 files and in the end, 1 of 4 files corrupted is a pretty accurate number. However... the "big games" got a way higher risk because of the number of files involved.
Exactly, in a worst case distribution nearly every game in mrkgnao's library could be affected and not be fully downloadable.
Yeah, Horizon Zero Dawn (lot of tears) damaged too, i think this weekend people should avoid any bigger game from downloading; risk of failure way to high.

You might be lucky on very small games but in general, they have to fix it somehow and make a proper backup infrastructure, else this will be become pandoras box, a never end story.
Post edited July 23, 2023 by Xeshra
Caban: Yup, and worth noting that if just one of for example 10 parts of the installer is corrupted then rest is useless too. So it's hard to estimate how many games are really affected. Fortunately sometimes only extras give 404 while installers download normally. :P
Gudadantza: Not only the installers in chunks. But I guess he is taking in account a lot of extras. I`d like to know how many extras and how many proper games he is talking about.
Installers: 296
Patches: 72
Goodies: 682

Your implied assumption that the failure rate was higher than 10% before yesterday is based on what? If you just assume that it was 100% at the beginning, then you are simply wrong. It was never 100%, not even close.

I don't know what the failure rate for my entire library was before yesterday because I didn't test it, but I do know the numbers just for games beginning with the letter A (which is what I tested earlier on):
20/07/23 ~23:00 my time: 16 files failed (that's at least 12 hours after the outage began)
22/07/23 ~11:00 my time: 42 files failed (that's at least 48 hours after the outage began)
22/07/23 ~15:00 my time: 42 files failed

That's a more than x2 deterioration, which can hardly be considered an improvement.
Post edited July 23, 2023 by mrkgnao
Your numbers are not very useful because to abstract. Reality is, most of the bigger games are damaged somewhere and as smaller it gets the higher the chance of success...

And i see no improvements at all... i start to worry.
Xeshra: And i see no improvements at all... i start to worry.
We'll know if there's any improvement in about 10 hours when I post today's results, which could be compared to yesterday's.
So they are now drinking some vine and taking a weekend off? Guess "safe to assume".
Gudadantza: Not only the installers in chunks. But I guess he is taking in account a lot of extras. I`d like to know how many extras and how many proper games he is talking about.
mrkgnao: Installers: 296
Patches: 72
Goodies: 682

Your implied assumption that the failure rate was higher than 10% before yesterday is based on what? If you just assume that it was 100% at the beginning, then you are wrong. It was never 100%, not even close.

I don't know what the failure rate for my entire library was before yesterday because I didn't test it, but I do know the numbers just for games beginning with the letter A (which is what I tested earlier on):
20/07/23 ~23:00 my time: 16 files failed
22/07/23 ~11:00 my time: 42 files failed
22/07/23 ~15:00 my time: 42 files failed

That's a more than x2 deterioration, which can hardly be considered an improvement.
Then things are even worse than in the beginning. Interesting. But not convinced.
What you are trying to imply between the lines is subjective personal and partial data to convince people that GOG removed the banner when nothing was done to solve the issue because there is still files failing.This is, that things have not improve at all since the beginning

I could agree with the idea that the banner should be still there. But I am not going to be involved in this kind of scientific wannabe manipulations.

Well. let me to put all of this in quarantine. I am much more demanding, sorry
Post edited July 23, 2023 by Gudadantza