It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
So far, as long as only the forum and functionalities was broken, somehow it was able to be tolerated but those database issues are above the edge; it will have to be solved with a lot of sweat.

Sure, you can say "customers loving DRM free are a minority" but the truth is more complicated than that. Because many factors are involved into this and the trust for the reliability and support of a certain platform is very critical.

Regarding "the work": If this would be my "dream platform" i would work day and night in order to make it run but if i only work because i need some money.... indeed i would give a rotten tomato regarding those issues and relax every single weekend as long as i can squeeze it out without being fired suddenly... with the exception of a server "on fire" but not so bad if it is "just" the server, storing the digital heart of my company. And of course if there is a power outage on my hospital i love so much, i would work day and night in order to fix it but if i do not love this hospital and the dying or sick people that much i would surely find a excuse "why i am incapable of working at this very moment".

So, no... if the heart and mind is with you then you can tackle everything, but if only the greed is with you... someday everything will be on fire and whats left... is ashes only.
Post edited July 23, 2023 by Xeshra
Syphon72: That's not what I mean, when said why even buy from steam.
BKGaming: Because I want to support developers and publishers and the creation of future games?
Good, that's what I like to do too. But why should I support developers, publishers or stores which are pro-DRM? That is sending the wrong signal and a waste of money.
Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition still missing
DLC of Bright Memory: Infinite is missing too.

I noticed my version is out of date but yeah, updating is not possible anymore.

BKGaming: Because I want to support developers and publishers and the creation of future games?
eiii: Good, that's what I like to do too. But why should I support developers, publishers or stores which are pro-DRM? That is sending the wrong signal and a waste of money.
You can not really blame them for selling games on a bigger platform but you can blame them for not supporting a smaller platform, for whatever reason. This action i usually do not support and if i am still desperate (this is very rare) of buying a game not supporting DRM free i usually will get me the cheapest key ever... so dirty cheap, even the power used on the server infrastructure could be more expensive than what i paid.

You simply pay what it is worth it to you and certain things got a way lower value.
high rated
I'd just like to point out one important detail: we (as gamers and GOG's customers) absolutely don't know what really happened and how GOG staff and their server company's staff is dealing with it. Only one thing seems to be sure - it has to be serious problem, otherwise it would be fixed by now.

I'm surprised by bold statements about GOG staff don't work on weekends, GOG neglecting their customers and so on. Well, maybe they don't care and they aren't working on it. It's been three days, it's possible. But it's also possible they cancelled their weekends, they are working overnight and they are doing their best. Again, we don't know what is really happening, and therefore we shouldn't make comments about it. That would be wise.

Servers are machines and every machine does break eventually, it's inevitable. And some problems are just too big to be magically resolved within few minutes or hours. Real work has to be done. Crying about it on the forums certainly don't speed up the process, that's for sure :-) Many of us live in society where everything is available, everything works, and if something breaks, it's quickly repaired or replaced. We are spoiled by what we have and we love to complain. Don't get me wrong, I'm guilty of these things as well, but at least I'm trying to look at it from different perspective from time to time.

So, many of us, myself included, had a nice gaming weekend planned and it got cancelled. It's annoying and I understand why people are pissed off. GOG should have stop all sales until it's resolved. But in the end it doesn't matter to much. It's just games and servers will be running again. Until then, I'd recommend everyone to calm down, take a walk, read a book, talk to a friend, or learn how to play ukulele. It's very relaxing. And be sure that if anybody have an absolutely terrible weekend right now, it's people at GOG, not us.
Possible upside when this gets sorted out: Somebody in the upper levels of GOG/CDPR decides some positive PR is in order and decrees all current GOG account owners receive one free game of their choice from anything in the entire catalog.

(Always look on the bright side of life. . . de-doot de-doot de-doot-te-doot-te-doot)
Post edited July 23, 2023 by LesTyebe
high rated
NuffCatnip: Some of you are blowing this out of proportion, seriously. Weekends are for relaxation, people aren't robots, you can't work 24/7. Give tech next week to fix this.

But I agree with octalot regarding the removal of the info banner.
I think the majority of the anger is not directed at the staff, but rather management. Those who make the decisions. Those who handle the purse-strings.

If you have a company running a 24/7 platform, one would expect a 24/7 staff. Or at least a 7-day staff with a night watchman. This doesn't mean staff numbers don't fluctuate to a skeleton crew on weekends, but it also doesn't mean more staff shouldn't get called in and paid overtime when the proverbial sh*t hits the fan.

And this situation certainly qualifies as the sh*t hitting the fan. It's FUBAR.

The very point of a gaming platform is to allow customers to buy, download and play their games at all times. This platform has an international customer base. It is not unreasonable to expect that any moment around the globe when a problem occurs which prevents customers from using their purchases that there is a GOG representative ready to answer the call. Other platforms may well afford a larger staff, but they also have a smarter employment pool: they employ international workers to cover all the bases and don't rely on staff living in the same country and visiting travelling to the office every day. GOG is still working on the delusion that you can run a business like this without paying significant overtime/weekend rates.

This current situation proves you can't close the office on Friday afternoon and re-open on Monday morning without extreme risk to your business. Some staff needs to be working or be available to work at all times. And this includes paying a full-time staff position to keep customers regularly updated when a major outage happens.

It's bad enough the community has to endure spam bots every weekend and public holiday because there's no staff lurking to delete the posts. That's an annoyance, but it doesn't involve the chief reason this platform exists for. Now we're enduring having no staff contact, no reassurances that support staff are on the job, and no detectable improvement in the situation this weekend because GOG's accountancy department says it's not worth paying workers on the weekends. And this problem impacts majorly on GOG's primary reason for existing.

On a side note one would have to wonder:
If the problem wasn't a CDN/file problem but rather GOG's entire payment processing system crashing hard, would it still be broken right now?

LesTyebe: Possible upside when this gets sorted out: Somebody in the upper levels of GOG/CDPR decides some positive PR is in order and decrees all current GOG account owners receive one free game of their choice from anything in the entire catalog.
No, we'd probably all get a copy of Jack Keane. :P
Post edited July 23, 2023 by Braggadar
LesTyebe: Possible upside when this gets sorted out: Somebody in the upper levels of GOG/CDPR decides some positive PR is in order and decrees all current GOG account owners receive one free game of their choice from anything in the entire catalog.
More likely another $0.49 offering from Whale Rock Games. ;-)
Post edited July 23, 2023 by g2222
Well, this is just the "edge" of the issues, and all the smaller issues rarely or never been fixed.... just to spell out the hard truth. They really should boost this platform in some way.

Besides, Kingdom Come Deliverance, the DLCs are broken too.
Enebias: So, let me get this straight... the staff is taking the weekend break while their store burns in an unprecedented way?
How bloody unprofessional is that? Do you like hemorraging money and stain your reputation?
Depends whether the GOG staff can really do anything about the problem, or if it is the company that offers the download servers that is (or at least should be) hard working on fixing it.

In that case the only thing GOG staff can do is to keep the communication channels open both to that service provider, and the customers. Probably no need for the majority of GOG staff cancel they weekend plans.
Having issues for several days is a big mess, usually those sort of critical issues will be sorted out in a matter of hours. Having issues for a week and beyond would mean "it failed"...

And i mean this is not occasionally, a lot of stuff is broken.
If it's external storage provider that failed I don't think GOG staff could do much about it right now. Servers should be managed 27/4 but by company that owns and rents them. What worries me more is that GOG (according to their last post) expect customers to open tickets and report broken links. Company like that should have control over their infrastructure and automated detection of such errors. No hurry but I expect improvement on that matter in the future, especially that it's not the first time something is messed up in the library.

Galaxy is already way better download engine than browser, instead of imitating Steam GOG should focus on making their client perfect tool for managing our offline backups. It would force them to take more care of their side of the storage too. :)
Metro Exodus, DLCs broken...

Sad, i needed to update. For me i think every 4. game or so is is broken, whoa.

Is is not a "occasional failure", it is a critical one.
I was interested in playing HOMMV + Hammers of Fate, but the file is 404. Funny enough, Tribes of the East standalone expansion is ok, so I'll suffer through that.. Glad I downloaded installers for the purchases I made during the week, before the storage provider decided to play silly buggers with us. I'll invest in another external HDD and just start downloading installers of what I have in my GOG library, and pirating everything else I have on Steam... The dark age of the internet is coming, according to what Google nonces are proposing lately. They want to DRM the entire internet, so yeah... RIP in pieces, our last vestige of freedom in this increasingly authoritarian world, where having an opinion equals being a terrorist.
Huge HDDs for backing up stuff is the best investment you can do and the only way of making something last for very long, maybe even forever.

The issue simply is, just very recently the HDDs has been becoming big enough for all those data to be stored without the need of huge server-infrastructures and huge arrays of HDDs. 20 TB HDDs surely are a big advancement for the "private data management". Even better if we someday will have twice of this, but i think it will still take at least 5 more years.
Of course, as you increase in capacity the cost will drastically increase, but at least nowadays it starts to become possible with some investment.