It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
Dims2K: ladies and gentlemen the problem is solved!
Nop
Dungeon Keeper 2 - 404 Not Found

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - 404 Not Found
Some more additions from me to the 404 - Not Found:

-What: offline installers
-Using: Web browser
-My location: Somewhere in Mexico
-Exact hour of the attempts: From 4:38PM to 5:19PM EDT (Eastern Daylight Time)
-Total of games with their download links tested: 11 namedly:
Little Nightmares II - DEMO
Neurodeck: Psychological Deckbuilder
Greak: Memories of Azur
LEGO® DC Super-Villains
OpenTTD
The Samaritan Paradox
Moto Racer
Moto Racer 2
Candle
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood
Divine Divinity
-Disclaimer: I did not fully download any offline installers
That means I am not saying for any means
because files just started downloading they are fine

-Moto Racer 2 (v1.36; 304 MB; Windows; English)
-Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood GOODIE: Artworks (15); 13 MB
-Divine Divinity GOODIE: 'The Prophecy' prequel story (31 pages); 1 MB
-Greak: Memories of Azur (Part 2 of 2) (v1.0.6_114; 1.1 GB; Windows; English)

Plus my already mentioned issue of
many offline installer files took a painfully
long time to show the "Save as" window
(I stay with the minimum estimated time of 80 seconds, at least!)
Like the files for:
-Candle (Windows & Mac & Linux)
-Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood All the GOODIEs, Except:
1) Artworks with 404 error reported above,
2) The 4 offline installers Windows; English and Español,
that apparently started to download without issues
-Divine Divinity (Mac; English) & All the GOODIEs, Except:
1) 'The Prophecy' prequel story with 404 error reported above
-Neurodeck: Psychological Deckbuilder (Windows & Mac & Linux)
-LEGO® DC Super-Villains Parts 3 to 6 (Windows; English)
Parts 1 & 2 apparently started to download without issues
-OpenTTD (Windows & Mac & Linux)

I expect GOG to compensate all my time invested
reporting details about this outage/service_disruption

I am trying right now to add to my open ticket #1536265
this fresh & new info
It is strange because some files are downloaded, others are not. CDPR, in what abnormal way do you have organized the directories where you store the games? If they were all organized, all the files of a game would be downloaded. But you can see that you have some files in one directory, others in another... anyway, what a disaster you are.
016R35: It is strange because some files are downloaded, others are not. CDPR, in what abnormal way do you have organized the directories where you store the games? If they were all organized, all the files of a game would be downloaded. But you can see that you have some files in one directory, others in another... anyway, what a disaster you are.
I think it's just the result of cloud storage type and it is nothing unusual. If you have RAID in you PC then some data copied to RAID can be written on one drive and the other file from the same folder can be on other drive.
Fabled Lands - Lords of the Rising Sun 404 not found
As the ticket system stupidly has my ticket #1536265
"closed for comments. You can create a follow-up."
it created ANOTHER ONE, #1537182 for this second batch of 404s (My post509 here)

Also,
PSA FYI: The page
support.gog.com

Has this banner on the top with a red color background:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE! DUE TO OUR STORAGE PROVIDER'S OUTAGE, WE ARE EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL ISSUES THAT MAY CAUSE DIFFICULTIES IN DOWNLOADING AND UPDATING YOUR GAMES BOTH THROUGH THE GOG GALAXY CLIENT AND YOUR LIBRARY. DOWNLOADED FILES ARE IN NO WAY AFFECTED AND WE ARE WORKING ON RESOLVING THIS ISSUE ASAP.

WE APOLOGISE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED."
high rated
Timboli: So just like when your power goes out, you just have to be patient and wait in this imperfect world.
Yeah, but mate, when the power goes out and you report it you can hang up your phone secure in the knowledge that not only are the relevant authorities are informed of the problem but the relevant teams are being dispatched to fix said problem ASAP.

You don't often get Energex or Origin (or whatever) send out a crew to fix one downed transformer and then declare that the problem for the entire district outage is "majority fixed" and then take the weekend off.

This cluster f*ck of a problem is serious enough that it should have resulted in GOG staff staying in office over the weekend not only to help work with their CDN provider to fix said problem, but also keep its customers (and communities) constantly updated on the progress.

In typical GOG style I think we won't hear back from GOG again on this until Monday morning Polish time. Try as I might to defend GOG's position of being limited financially to afford decent redundancy, this bullshit PR cr*p they pull where they make an odd announcement and then stay silent for days at a time, then don't pull out all stops to fix problems with their own service is nigh unforgivable.

At this point I cannot blame anyone for being mad. Temporary server downtime is one thing, being half-arsed about dealing with it is entirely another.
016R35: It is strange because some files are downloaded, others are not. CDPR, in what abnormal way do you have organized the directories where you store the games? If they were all organized, all the files of a game would be downloaded. But you can see that you have some files in one directory, others in another... anyway, what a disaster you are.
Lexor: I think it's just the result of cloud storage type and it is nothing unusual. If you have RAID in you PC then some data copied to RAID can be written on one drive and the other file from the same folder can be on other drive.
You give me more reasons to criticize its lousy content management, a RAID system is precisely for that, so that if the data is lost on one hard drive, it is available on the other. So the games should be able to continue downloading, which they are not.
high rated
For those of you confused by the persisting failures, despite the optimistic update post from GOG and the disappearance of the warning banner, here is what I consider to be an honest update:
- AFAIK, the current GOG storage outage began on Thursday, 20 July 2023
- If using offline installers, the outage causes some file downloads (not all) to fail with a 404 error
- If using galaxy, the outage causes some game installations (not all) to fail (either immediately, or often after 90-92%)
- It doesn't really matter to report here which files fail; the list is very long and changes over time (and perhaps location or platform)
- Overall, there hasn't been any noticeably significant change in the scope of the outage since its beginning, more than two days ago (but some games do get better, and some do get worse)
- However, if you're only interested in a specific failing game, you might want to try it again from time to time; you could get lucky
- To give you a sense of the magnitude of the problem, I have tested just now all 10,222 files in my GOG library (I do not use galaxy)
- Of the 10,222 files in my library, 1,050 currently completely fail to download (404 error) --- a 10% failure rate
- Additionally, for those interested, 482 files in my library are currently missing their MD5 data (likely not an issue for most of you)
- Hope this helps clear things up a bit
- Expect another update tomorrow
Post edited July 23, 2023 by mrkgnao
016R35: if the data is lost on one hard drive, it is available on the other
No, not always, it depends on RAID type.

BTW: It is just an example of commonly known structure to prove it is nothing unusual. I am not saying (because I do not know) how does it look on GOG files - it can be something similar but different.
Things are getting better. Yesterday I could not install Divinity: Original Sin 2 from Galaxy (would not install past 92%). Today I could install and play. The offline installer is still down though.
Dims2K: ladies and gentlemen the problem is solved!
steamrexxar: Nop
it did for me everything is working as it should be
nvm
Post edited July 23, 2023 by mrkgnao
Just wanted to update a piece.

Hero's Hour
PoE II: Deadfire
DOS2, and We Happy Few - in that order and one right after another, installed flawlessly.

Ty GOG for getting it turned around. I realize there's work still to do, though far more confident
that it'll be done shortly. God Bless and thank you all for the comradery.

Most of the time, when things hit a rough patch - we throw in together and it just makes it better.

chow