It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
Carradice: Thanks for stepping forward and letting us know that you are working on it, GOG <3
Yes. Thanks, GOG, for the transparency and for keeping us posted of the issue. :) I don't want to be in your shoes this weekend. Absolutely not. xD Good luck!!

Looks like this might be a great opportunity for me to step away from the keyboard and go outside and play in the wind! In the meantime, I hired a couple of kittens to assist you... ;)
Attachments:
Not being able to access the DRM-free games that I paid for due to a third party feels an awful lot like not being able to access the games that I paid for due to DRM.
Post edited July 23, 2023 by Tzelanit
mrkgnao: - Of the 10,222 files in my library, 1,050 currently completely fail to download (404 error) --- a 10% failure rate
Thx mrkgnao for taking the time to run your full update test. :D Once your downloads are 100% successful, will I consider this GOG server issue truly fixed. ;) Your updates are appreciated.
Tzelanit: Not being able to access the DRM-free games that I paid for due to a third party feels an awful lot like not being able to access the games that I paid for due to DRM.
Not really... if it was DRM, previously downloaded copies ALSO wouldn't work. There is a difference between not being able to access the drives with the content and the content itself being locked down for no good reason.
mrkgnao: - Of the 10,222 files in my library, 1,050 currently completely fail to download (404 error) --- a 10% failure rate
matterbandit: Thx mrkgnao for taking the time to run your full update test. :D Once your downloads are 100% successful, will I consider this GOG server issue truly fixed. ;) Your updates are appreciated.
Agreed... The sooner everyone has everything available again, the better.
Post edited July 23, 2023 by Megabyte
Tzelanit: Not being able to access the DRM-free games that I paid for due to a third party feels an awful lot like not being able to access the games that I paid for due to DRM.
Haven't you got your own offline backup yet? What are you waiting for?

Because blindly trusting in the server infrastructure of a comparatively small DRM-free shop for your downloads
feels an awful lot like blindly trusting in the server infrastructure of always-online DRM platforms.
Tried to download some of my games. Those that can't be downloaded include:

-both "A Plague Tale" games

-Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

-Syberia: The World Before

-The Forgotten City

-Sunblaze

- all the Prince of Persia games

-Mutropolis

-Chicken Police

-XIII (Original Version)

-F.E.A.R. 1 and 2

-Hitman: Absolution and Contracts

-Dead Space

-Thief 1 and 2
mrkgnao: - Additionally, for those interested, 482 files in my library are currently missing their MD5 data (likely not an issue for most of you)
Which MD5 data? From you or from the files itself?
g2222: Haven't you got your own offline backup yet? What are you waiting for?

Because blindly trusting in the server infrastructure of a comparatively small DRM-free shop for your downloads
feels an awful lot like blindly trusting in the server infrastructure of always-online DRM platforms.
I fully agree with you. This why GOG being down, did not effect me really. I have all my games backup already. Everyone freaking out, while I'm over here playing my backlog.
It's stuck all day in the same f*cking porcentage.
Post edited July 23, 2023 by 016R35
jjssf: Tried to download some of my games. Those that can't be downloaded include:

-both "A Plague Tale" games

-Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

-Syberia: The World Before

-The Forgotten City

-Sunblaze

- all the Prince of Persia games

-Mutropolis

-Chicken Police

-XIII (Original Version)

-F.E.A.R. 1 and 2

-Hitman: Absolution and Contracts

-Dead Space

-Thief 1 and 2
-Kingdom come Deliverance

-The Witcher 3

- Cyberpunk 2077
mrkgnao: For those of you confused by the persisting failures, despite the optimistic update post from GOG and the disappearance of the warning banner, here is what I consider to be an honest update:
I wouldn't work either for Gog's support or Gog Community management atm ...

I consider the removal of the warning banner as a sign of "good will" because it was intrusive.

They should have created a shortcut at the front page sending to the message in the support center. Some users who actually login to the store may think the issue at hand is resolved. Since the only "thing" on the front page is at the bottom of it.

Your help as usual is always appreciated : many thanks
Post edited July 23, 2023 by DyNaer
mrkgnao: For those of you confused by the persisting failures, despite the optimistic update post from GOG and the disappearance of the warning banner, here is what I consider to be an honest update:
DyNaer: I wouldn't work either for Gog's support or Gog Community management atm ...

I consider the removal of the warning banner as a sign of "good will" because it was intrusive despite the good will of GOG.
They should have created a shortcut at the front page sending to the message in the support center. Some users would actually login to the store could think the issue at hand is resolved. Since the only "thing" on the front page is at the bottom of it.

Do you know that the banner still exist? At least in the support section.
016R35: Do you know that the banner still exist? At least in the support section.
Maybe my english isn't good enough but that's more or less i pointed out in a part of my post.

pat+ mentioned it
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/update_on_technical_issues_affecting_downloading_and_updating_games_afa62/post513
Post edited July 23, 2023 by DyNaer
DyNaer: I wouldn't work either for Gog's support or Gog Community management atm ...

I consider the removal of the warning banner as a sign of "good will" because it was intrusive despite the good will of GOG.
They should have created a shortcut at the front page sending to the message in the support center. Some users would actually login to the store could think the issue at hand is resolved. Since the only "thing" on the front page is at the bottom of it.

016R35: Do you know that the banner still exist? At least in the support section.
Right the banner is still up on the support sections. People also need to remember they never said it was fully fixed, but everyone reads differently.
DyNaer: Maybe my english isn't good enough but that's more or less i pointed out in a part of my post.
Agree, not adding a shortcut in front page was dumb!
Post edited July 23, 2023 by Syphon72
Downloadinjg a-OK now...