It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Okay, so are Ukrainians gonna resist and fight against Russia, or are they just gonna lay down and let Russia walk over them? Because what will happen next, how Russia and the US will make their next move, is entirely depending on how Ukraine will respond to the invasion. That seems to be most the expert opinions.
Post edited March 01, 2014 by ktchong
EU will ban Russian vodka as a repercussion and that's probably about it. Or maybe some Russian candy.
Putin sent in the 2000 soldiers to see how Ukraine will react.

If Ukrainians do not resist the incursion, then Putin may possible see it as a sign of weakness... and just proceed to annex the entire Ukraine into the Russia Federation. That seems to be a better option (to Russia) than to allow a hostile, pro-EU Ukraine to exist.

If Ukrainians resist and fight back, then -- oh boy -- it's gonna get very complicated. Then we will have a new round of Cold War, with Ukraine/Crimea as the new red line like the old West/East Germany's. They'll probably even build a wall.
ktchong: Ahat does Ukraine export other than hot women? Hot women are not a good enough reason to start World War III.
AzureKite: Mostly heavy industry. Or what's left of it. Like steel. And agricultural products.
Just go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Ukraine
Not a source of a truthful info, but you can get the gist.

And we don't export women. Though they are indeed hot.
Yeah I know we have a lot of them here.
ktchong: Putin sent in the 2000 soldiers to see how Ukraine will react.

If Ukrainians do not resist the incursion, then Putin may possible see it as a sign of weakness... and just annex the entire Ukraine into the Russia Federation.

If Ukrainians resist and fight back, then -- oh boy -- it's gonna get very complicated.
The amount of soldiers there is now confirmed at 6000.
Post edited March 01, 2014 by Matruchus
Anyway, IF Ukraine does fight back and resist Russia, then most likely Ukraine will end up as the "red line" of the new Cold War. Ukraine-Crimea will be the new "West/East Germany".

IF Ukraine does not resist Russia, there is a chance Putin will just decide to take over the entire Ukraine.

Either way, it's very unlikely the US or EU will get directly involved and go head-to-head with Russia.
ktchong: Anyway, IF Ukraine does fight back and resist Russia, then most likely Ukraine will end up as the "red line" of the new Cold War. Ukraine-Crimea will be the new "West/East Germany".

IF Ukraine does not resist Russia, there is a chance Putin will just decide to take over the entire Ukraine.
Yeah, a question. Do you maybe know it the Russian ambasador has already been pulled out of US.

Last news from CNN - confirmed now that Russia has 15.000 troops in the Crimea.

At this point it seems that Russia is going for whole Ukraine with this since Russian Federal Council voted to quote:"Use stabilizing military force on Ukrainian teritory".

I think this might actually end differently that we think. Russia today is reporting that the flagship of Ukrainian fleet has gone over to Russia.
So it's settled. Russia is going into Ukraine. That's the only reason for the mass ground troop movements. They don't need that many soldiers for Crimea. It's gonna be a massive ground invasion.

Dang! All those US companies that have investments in Russia are gonna lose shitloads of money! And it's Saturday!
AzureKite: Our cable TV channels:
Well, Russian ones you know (HTB, PTP, OPT etc.)
Ukraine - 1+1, ICTV, Inter (which was pro-gov), 5 channel (was always in opposition).
Some I think have online versions of their programs.
Internet media is just too wide, really. I just browse through a news portal to different sites (portals like i.ua, bigmir.net).
Thanks, I'll add some of those to my sources of info.
low rated
All those gross old American white men are going to lose a source of young desperate mail-ordered brides. On no. :P
AzureKite: Our TV channels:
Well, Russian ones you know (HTB, PTP, OPT etc.)
Ukraine - 1+1, ICTV, Inter (which was pro-gov), 5 channel (was always in opposition).
Some I think have online versions of their programs.
Internet media is just too wide, really. I just browse through a news portal to different sites (portals like i.ua, bigmir.net).
Uh, НТВ and Channel3 are simply vomiting at times, TV1 and Russia-1 (or 24) are more cunning.

Internet is the way to go. I don't like information to be hammered into me by a newsreader, prefer to read it at my own pace.

Surprisingly, CNN is nice to read. Euronews made me vomit a few times, but still the more the better.
For Russian speakers there's also RBC and RIA (mostly ok). Also kianews.com.ua and vesti.ua.
EU foreign minsters have planned to meet in Ukraine on Monday.... which means the invasion will most likely happen before then.
ktchong: Hot women are not a good enough reason to start World War III.
At least not hot woman were a good reason to not invade the UK in World War II (compared to France).
Seriously though, the US should invade and annex Canada.... and teach those Canadians how to pronounce "about" correctly.
ktchong: Seriously though, the US should invade and annex Canada.... and teach those Canadians how to pronounce "about" correctly.
Yeah and we (Slovenia) will invade Croatia and the rest of former Yugoslavia and make it back :) lol

Ukraine officialy asked NATO for help. I bet that till tomorrow evening Ukraine will sign NATO contract.
ktchong: Seriously though, the US should invade and annex Canada.... and teach those Canadians how to pronounce "about" correctly.
Matruchus: Yeah and we (Slovenia) will invade Croatia and the rest of former Yugoslavia and make it back :) lol

Ukraine officialy asked NATO for help. I bet that till tomorrow evening Ukraine will sign NATO contract.
Unlikely. NATO is not suicidal.