It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DieGans: TB is now literally and figuratively cancer. Yes.
tinyE: Huh?
It's a reference to a meme "X is the cancer killing Y". Used to be referred to as "the cancer killing /b/" as it started somewhere in the depths of 4chan.
Magmarock: John Bain is someone who I reverie and respect more so then anyone else on the internet. I find this really depressing. I really feel that we are losing not only a shoulder for the rights of consumers but also a friend I never met.
I have a slight feeling you might not be alone in that.
That's terrible news. I just had a friend die of cancer last week, and another earlier this year. So yeah, fuck cancer. I hope he can savor the time he has.
fishbaits: Fairly sure it was Lewis, will try find what he did in the past when TB was first diagnosed.
Ghostbreed: Please do, got me quite curious since it sounded so bad.
Bleurgh, either it`s well hidden in the depths of the internot or my searching sucks (which it usually does hehe).
Can find plenty about Yogscast starting the falling out, but nothing from when he was diagnosed.
Telika: Well, i just realised that the whole (sub)discussion originated from a tort1234 post. Silly us.
Life lesson here involving paradoxes :
You are clever and altruistic enough to share insightful and elaborate perspectives with anyone and everyone.
You are silly enough to do that with tort (among others).

And my piece of mind require me to green all the red you cause. Maybe I have the biggest issues.

(and I really don't get how you all ended up talking about "civil unions best practices")
Potzato: ...
[Wait, switching to the other thread, rather.]
Post edited October 21, 2015 by Telika
Cancer is an indiscriminate bastard. I wrecks up a person.

I've known way too many people with various types of cancer.

Some didn't make it, others survived but were maimed, a few knocked cancers teeth out and stole its wallet.

Regardless of what you think of TB, use this as a reminder to get checked and maybe lead a healthier lifestyle.

and

Fuck Cancer.
low rated
rtcvb32: snip.
tort1234: There is nothing wrong with hiding things and keeping secrets unless it affects people close to you and around you especially your fans that support you. If TB had kept this a secret till his last breath, his fans would have been angry.

For example, my cousin married a religious virgin guy from a rich family. She told him she was a virgin too. She was a mudshark actually.

When he found out about it, he flew into a bout of rage and beat the living daylights out of her and got divorced. Secrets can destroy relationships and sometimes lives.
In the words of Comedian Chris Rock, "I don't agree if a man beats a woman, but if he does......I understand lol."

I don't see anything wrong with mudsharks until they start lying about who they are and start pretending to be innocent snowflakes and try to create a "purity image" of themselves to trap some white dude into marriage.
tort1234: ...
sambo12345: ...
[url=https://www.google.com/search?q=sambo12345&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#newwindow=1&q=sambo12345+site:gog.com]You and your Rosie Palms[/url], find a room.
I think a lot of you in this thread should take a step back and feel very ashamed of yourselves. Like TB or not, a thread like this isn't for personal reasons or snide comments. He's DYING with no hope of recovery.

I don't agree with TB all the time and frankly, if you agree with someone all the time then they aren't a very good critic or you're intentionally picking people that only confirm your own biases; but I respect the hell out of the man. He's a good man who sticks to his guns and morals regardless of the pressures around him. Do I like everything he's done or everything he's said? No, but that doesn't diminish what he's done for PC gaming or the quality of person he is.

Even now, knowing he's going to die, TB is STILL working hard doing reviews, opinions, and putting together a fantastic Starcraft 2 tournament. How many people have the sheer guts to do that in the face of their own mortality?

I feel for his family and I feel for his friends. And the whole PC gaming community will be worse off without him. We're losing a man who will tell you what he thinks and feels even if it'll hurt his career. We need more people like that in every sector of society.
Hawk52: He's DYING with no hope of recovery.
For this comment you should be ashamed of yourself.

There is ALWAYS hope.
tinyE: For this comment you should be ashamed of yourself.

There is ALWAYS hope.
No, no there's not. It's fine to exist in a fantasy world where things magically get better, but reality is reality. There are inescapable realities of life and terminal illness is one of those.

It's possible they got a false positive on the tests. But if not, it's called Terminal for a reason. It will eventually kill you, it's just a matter of how long you want to prolong it and how long it takes to claim you. It could be months or it could be years but there's no known cure and even TB seems to have resolved himself to that fact. That doesn't mean not to fight, but to be realistic about the situation. Do what he loves to do and try not to have any regrets for when it comes or IF it comes.

Edit: I should add my aunt died last April from Cancer. They did everything they could to fight it, but it took her when she became too weak. I resolved myself to the fact that she was going to die just like I did for my Grandfather who also died of cancer. If you exist in a world where "miracles" and "hope" can miraculously heal terminal patients then all you're doing is setting yourself up for the bitterness of the truth. She left surrounded by family and friends and I spoke at her funeral myself; leaving with no regrets and with love is far more important then "hope".
Post edited October 22, 2015 by Hawk52

There is ALWAYS hope.
Hawk52: No, no there's not. It's fine to exist in a fantasy world where things magically get better, but reality is reality. There are inescapable realities of life and terminal illness is one of those.

It's possible they got a false positive on the tests. But if not, it's called Terminal for a reason. It will eventually kill you, it's just a matter of how long you want to prolong it and how long it takes to claim you. It could be months or it could be years but there's no known cure and even TB seems to have resolved himself to that fact. That doesn't mean not to fight, but to be realistic about the situation. Do what he loves to do and try not to have any regrets for when it comes or IF it comes.

Edit: I should add my aunt died last April from Cancer. They did everything they could to fight it, but it took her when she became too weak. I resolved myself to the fact that she was going to die just like I did for my Grandfather who also died of cancer. If you exist in a world where "miracles" and "hope" can miraculously heal terminal patients then all you're doing is setting yourself up for the bitterness of the truth. She left surrounded by family and friends and I spoke at her funeral myself; leaving with no regrets and with love is far more important then "hope".
In 1932 my grandfather was diagnosed with TB which at the time carried a 99% mortality rate.
He was told by his doctors to find a nice sanitarium and get his finances in order to which he replied to them "Fuck You."

He died.

In 1986.

If he didn't have hope I'm not here right now.

I'm sorry about your aunt.

ps. If you want to get technical, we all have a terminal illness; one that there actually is no hope for.
Post edited October 22, 2015 by tinyE

There is ALWAYS hope.
That is unfortunately, not the reality of this situation... The ability to diagnose the survivability of cancer has come along way since 1986, let alone the 1930s. Mr.Bane has at best, 2-5 years baring a literal miracle or medical breakthrough happening.
Post edited October 22, 2015 by king_mosiah
Hawk52: No, no there's not. It's fine to exist in a fantasy world where things magically get better, but reality is reality. There are inescapable realities of life and terminal illness is one of those.

tinyE: In 1932 my grandfather was diagnosed with TB which at the time carried a 99% mortality rate.
He was told by his doctors to find a nice sanitarium and get his finances in order to which he replied to them "Fuck You."

He died.

In 1986.

If he didn't have hope I'm not here right now.

I'm sorry about your aunt.

ps. If you want to get technical, we all have a terminal illness; one that there actually is no hope for.
Did your grandfather sit there hoping or did he go out and live his life the best that he could regardless of his condition? Seems like it's the latter.

When I hear hope used, I see it the same as wishing or even a form of denial. I suppose you could use hope in the same vein as I do with "fighting" but my instinctual reaction to hope is that of giving up agency to the belief that surely everything will work out perfectly fine.