It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In the liver is not good news. Here's hoping that his last days go as comfortably as possible. Cancer is a bitch.
Sachys: Same thing as my dad. What actually makes the 2-3 year life expectancy (in the UK) for the older generations is the cut-off point for care thatnks to our necrophiliac, pig-fucking Prime Ministers policiy on the national health.

At any rate, its a nasty thing to have.
My Aunt had full cancer treatments until the very end pretty much, chemo and everything, and she was in her late 70s so this must be some late cut off.

Edit: Should point out, cant stand the idot you are refering to - was literally just curious about this cut off point.
Post edited October 20, 2015 by mabrookes
mabrookes:
The cut off point was they sent him to the hospice for "a rest and some specific scans". No scans were made. He was dubbed "inoperable" after two weeks and left to die as far as treatment went (not dissing the hospice staff though). Having walked through his prior two cancers... they should have treated him.

Hope thats in context (enough) for you as I didnt really want to re-read (relive) prior posts. If not, gimme a couple of days.
mabrookes:
Sachys: The cut off point was they sent him to the hospice for "a rest and some specific scans". No scans were made. He was dubbed "inoperable" after two weeks and left to die as far as treatment went (not dissing the hospice staff though). Having walked through his prior two cancers... they should have treated him.

Hope thats in context (enough) for you as I didnt really want to re-read (relive) prior posts. If not, gimme a couple of days.
Sounds like a bad screw up on their decision making, hope you are doing ok.

Obviously doesnt help you or your family, but it is not like that all the time. Things in the NHS can be far from perfect, but in general if you are healthy enough for treatment and likely to survive you will normally get it. Things start to get a bit less pleasant if it is terminal and that is where it starts to become more of a cost saving exercise at times. It becomes about whether the amount of time it will give you is worth the cost and I hate that (the "postcode lottery" problems start to be more pronouned in this situation as well). Because my Aunt had a good chance of survival that is why this potential problem never became an issue.
Post edited October 20, 2015 by mabrookes
mabrookes: Sounds like a bad screw up on their decision making, hope you are doing ok.
Nothing to do with bad descisions (on the local level) - NHS cuts caused the trusts to make certain plans of action for certain groups of people in such situations. This was in the months prior - these cuts were pushed by the pigfucker himself in favour of privatisation.

No tinfoil hats involved in this post mate. Sadly, its just how it works now.

Edit: for the record, I have checked, and I'm on the "low treatment" list due to arthritis and other long running health issues.

...and please, no numpty responses of "no - you are actualy wrong (even though i have never even visited your country) remarks.

(latter not to yerself mabrookes - just those that would).

Anyways, this aint doing me any good. inabit!
Post edited October 20, 2015 by Sachys
I am not a fan of TotalBiscuit but damn, that was terrible news to read I really hope a bloodborn miracle can occur to help him beat it. If that expectantly does not happen, then I hope his final days go smooth for the man.
I'm thinking of making a youtube video about this. I really don't want to but I feel compelled to. John Bain is someone who I reverie and respect more so then anyone else on the internet. I find this really depressing. I really feel that we are losing not only a shoulder for the rights of consumers but also a friend I never met.
I know he has his haters & fanbois, I personally liked (most of) his stuff.

Either way, this isn`t good news.
I hope the Yogscast muppet doesn`t come out with yet another stupid post.
fishbaits: I hope the Yogscast muppet doesn`t come out with yet another stupid post.
Which one? They all are, especially Lewis.
tort1234: TB has had a harsh life.

Had an unsuccessful career in the military where young men usually get treated like dogs.

Went to law school which are super expensive but could not be around all the money-worshiping, back-stabbing sociopaths and psychopaths so dropped out.

Married a single mother with a bastard child. She only sticks with him because of his status in the gaming world and the money he makes.

Got attacked relentlessly by bleeding heart liberals and SJWs.

Now he has cancer.

If he dies, we only have AngryJoe left as a credible gaming reviewer.
I know he is married to a single mother with someone else' kid and he was attacked online by whiny SJW. But all the other stuff I didn't know. That's tough.

There are still some good reviewers like worthabuy, gggmanlives, angryjoe and others. IGN does good reviews too.

Hope he survives a few more years and not leave us this early.
fishbaits: I hope the Yogscast muppet doesn`t come out with yet another stupid post.
Ghostbreed: Which one? They all are, especially Lewis.
Fairly sure it was Lewis, will try find what he did in the past when TB was first diagnosed.
Ghostbreed: Which one? They all are, especially Lewis.
fishbaits: Fairly sure it was Lewis, will try find what he did in the past when TB was first diagnosed.
Please do, got me quite curious since it sounded so bad.
low rated
TB is now literally and figuratively cancer. Yes.
phaolo: Oh poor TB..
F**k cancer :\
Indeed, Fuck Cancer. I was hoping that after his initial diagnosis that he was on the mend. My prayers go out to him and his family.
Post edited October 20, 2015 by oldschool
DieGans: TB is now literally and figuratively cancer. Yes.
Huh?