It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

monkeydelarge: So it's not enough, she deceived him, fucked up his life plan, wasted years of his life and resources. You also want the guy to go to prison and lose a lot of money(after already losing lots of money). That's nice. No empathy whatsoever for the guy but only empathy for the scam artist woman. White Knight, alert.
stryx: Assault is a criminal offense and not justified by being lied to. So yes, that guy deserves to be punished for it.
Yes, he deserves to be punished but they are both guilty of despicable behavior. She is not some innocent little girl.
0Grapher: If his wife was deeply in love with him I don't blame her. However, she took her chances and lied to him, so I don't pity her either.
Telika: Yup. Basically, that.

Also, fought a long time with a complete answer on smartphone, which apparently didn't get posted, so, in very very much shorter :

monkeydelarge: But love doesn't have anything do with calculation and social pressure when it comes to loving a human being.
Telika: Yes it does. The feeling itself is subject to convenience and calculation at various degrees of self-awareness.

Quick exemples :

- Is the love possible/impossible.
- Is the love mutual/unilateral.
- Is it a good time or a bad time in life for that.
- Are you/them already in a relationship or not.
- Do your friends/family support or criticize/discourage this love.
- Does the person correspond to the cultural preferences that you have internalized so far.
- Etc

Pride, social norms, current availability, trends, acquired tastes, many factors that play a role (of variable strength) in what make or doesn't make people attractive to each others, or candidates for serious sentimental involvement (that is, indulged love or not). Although modern love discourses and fictions mercifully downplay these elements.

monkeydelarge: Loving another human being also doesn't have anything to do with wanting a certain lifestyle too.
Telika: You bring it down to finances again, but I meant it in a more abstract way : sharing someone's mental/behavioural universe, in short.
Okay, you convinced me love is not pure of calculation and social pressure. But even if she lied to him because of her love for him, she still scammed him out his time and resources. Just for a different reason. You've only convinced me, people can do bad things to other people because of their love for other people. In the end, no matter if she lied because of her love for him or to get access to his resources, she is no innocent damsel in distress.
monkeydelarge: So what she did didn't affect him directly?
ET3D: It's really derailing this thread, but good trolling is hard to ignore. :) As Telika said, yes, it didn't affect him directly. She lied on this point, and that's certainly negative, but her previous sexual experience shouldn't negatively affect her marriage. People marry other people with previous sexual experience every day, and that fact by itself isn't a problem. It's the guy's perception of the issue that's a problem. If the guy divorced her purely because of that point, then certainly he is the one who fucked up his life.

Also, consider that he likely didn't marry her for no reason. She probably had some things going for her or he wouldn't have married her, be that looks, intelligence or whatever. So he won a desirable prize, and then threw it away because she didn't fit a particular concept that doesn't change how good for him she is.
Typical. Someone says something that makes you uncomfortable then it must be trolling, right? There are no excuses for her sneaky malevolent scam. Everyone should have the right to marry who they want to marry. Not some impostor. It is up to each man to decide who will make an acceptable wife for him, not you. If someone doesn't want to marry someone who is not a virgin, that is his or her right. And there is nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean he or she hates people who are not virgins, after all. Maybe he just doesn't want to catch any STDs? And a past of sexual promiscuity is a good indicator a person will be promiscuous in the future. And no man wants to be cheated on or divorced because his woman couldn't stand being a in monogamous relationship. Basically, you refuse to hold the woman accountable for her despicable behavior and you demonize the man only. Sounds fair? It's not fair. Such ignorance and brainwashing can not be defeated with my words alone unfortunately. You need to stop hating men and look at every person as a human being, no matter what kind of genitals they have.
Post edited October 18, 2015 by monkeydelarge
ET3D: it didn't affect him directly. She (...) her previous sexual experience shouldn't negatively affect her marriage. (...) It's the guy's perception of the issue that's a problem.
0Grapher: I have to disagree with you there. Imagine you are the only person who knows about STIs (let's say in a world without condoms) and you tell someone whom you have to trust that you believe that it's completely intolerable to sleep with a person who has had sex with another person.
Maybe this analogy helps you understand that this one principle was to him as important as his whole life.

Of course he is an utter lunatic but he didn't hide it. He had to trust his wife and she should have known how he would react.
How would you react after realizing that even though you forced yourself to stay a virgin your dishonest wife has contracted you with an STI. You know that your wife knew this was your greatest fear but she didn't believe in it herself and thought your wish was therefore not important.

If his wife was deeply in love with him I don't blame her. However, she took her chances and lied to him, so I don't pity her either.

monkeydelarge: Are you saying, maybe she simply wanted to be with him because of who he is and not because of his money? LOL
0Grapher: That is entirely possible, how would you know that this isn't the case? In my opinion, you are making a fool out of yourself because you don't see any other possibility than her being after his money, even though there is no evidence at all that would affirm your theory.
Yeah and maybe she is also a really beautiful princess from another world with magic powers. You are making a fool out of yourself by telling me I am making a fool out of myself for simply being realistic.
high rated
monkeydelarge:
I know I have no "right" to ask this of you guys, but would you mind starting a separate thread?
Post edited October 18, 2015 by wpegg
low rated
ET3D: but her previous sexual experience shouldn't negatively affect her marriage
huN73R: So, you think her giving him the wrong impression was right on her part? I'm sure she'd have found someone who was more "progressive" about these things if she was open about it as opposed to lying. Also the part where she trapped another dude who has no idea about her past (again) shows what kind of person she is.
So if someone uses logic instead of emotion or programming from brainwashing, it is easy to see, she married him because he is rich and not because of who he is... Because it simply doesn't make sense for someone like her to get with a guy like him because of who he is. For the same reason, a Jewish woman would never be with a Nazi because of who he is. She could of easily found tons of men who are more accepting and not religious who would be able to love who she really is... So it is obvious, she is a predatory scam artist. And it's not possible for me to see her as an innocent damsel in distress.

monkeydelarge:
wpegg: I know I have no "right" to ask this of you guys, but would you mind starting a separate thread?
I'll be happy to move this discussion to another thread if someone makes one.
high rated
huN73R: I know I have no "right" to ask this of you guys, but would you mind starting a separate thread?
monkeydelarge: I'll be happy to move this discussion to another thread if someone makes one.
I will make one now, one moment please...

EDIT: Please, go here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/are_partners_using_people_if_they_dont_disclose_information

I'm not sure if I've captured your arguments sufficently, but please debate them in that thread.
Post edited October 18, 2015 by wpegg
Fuck cancer!
stryx: snip
monkeydelarge: So it's not enough, she deceived him, fucked up his life plan, wasted years of his life and resources. You also want the guy to go to prison and lose a lot of money(after already losing lots of money). That's nice. No empathy whatsoever for the guy but only empathy for the scam artist woman. White Knight, alert.
monkeydelarge is dishing out pure logic and truth here.

After reading his posts I'm like...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/013/974/clap.gif

As for TB, it is sad to know about the suffering he is going through. But Cancer medication can prolong life for a few more years. So he will be with us for a while.
Post edited October 18, 2015 by sasuke12
man this thread seems a little derailed

hope he gets well soon
I read somewhere that eating healthy and positive thinking can help you win a battle against cancer. Is there any truth to this?

*flings poo at cancer*
https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/3108965/researchers-identify-how-cancer-cells-can-hijack-treatments-designed-to-kill-them/?cs=12

Eat the silver Lining off fish It helped me, Oh Iodised Sea Salt is Also a good help have to eat LOTS of it Oversalt your fish 'n Chips with that!

A) NO sugar.
B) NO gluten.
C) NO casein.
Post edited October 19, 2015 by fr33kSh0w2012
hedwards: Right, we're susceptible to cancer because we're composed of a huge number of cells that need to divide regularly.
ET3D: Yes, but it's enough to find a way to detect cells which are dividing uncontrollably and kill them. Easier said than done, of course, but just because cancel can happen naturally doesn't mean a treatment for it can't be found.
I don't think you understand the concept here. We can't scan every cell in the body to see that it's within acceptable limits. Trying to catch cancer before the body has the chance to deal with the problem is a non-starter. You'd probably cause more cancer than you'd cure with all the additional testing.

The only cancer that is ever found is cancer where the body has failed to terminate the cells involved. We just don' t have the tools to check and sequence individual cells to see if they're a problem. Doing so would be fatal with today's technology, assuming we could even afford the ridiculous amount of money and resources to check that many cells.
0Grapher: I'm still wondering why it apparently matters that she was a mudshark. As far as I understood it her husband was simply a religious lunatic but no racist.
Telika: Yeah, I actually am not familiar with the term "mudshark", and, just looking it up now, it makes things even weirder. :-/
Indeed, I had to look the word up as it's not one that I've ever heard. It certainly does look like a rather racist term and I'm not sure how it's relevant to the marriage in question.
Post edited October 19, 2015 by hedwards
hedwards: Indeed, I had to look the word up as it's not one that I've ever heard. It certainly does look like a rather racist term and I'm not sure how it's relevant to the marriage in question.
Well, i just realised that the whole (sub)discussion originated from a tort1234 post. Silly us.
This is terrible news.

My mum had a battle with breast cancer a few years back. She beat it but it came back in her liver and bones. She only lasted 9 months after the diagnosis before she past away earlier this year :(.

So sad that this has happened to someone so young :(

I guess all that can be said is that people, if you care about your health, get tested regularly.
low rated
hedwards: Indeed, I had to look the word up as it's not one that I've ever heard. It certainly does look like a rather racist term and I'm not sure how it's relevant to the marriage in question.
Telika: Well, i just realised that the whole (sub)discussion originated from a tort1234 post. Silly us.
So what is wrong with that ? i was reponding to a comment made by tinyE and stryx.

What is so silly about that ?

You got into a debate with monkeylarge and lost. deal with it.
high rated
I'd like to give thanks to this thread for reminding me why I don't visit this forum anymore.

I remember when this place was nice. I may dislike TB but I sure as hell don't wish him anything like the shit he's dealing with right now.
Post edited October 19, 2015 by Foxhack