It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Create your own stories by making challenging decisions along the way. Today three unique titles from the legendary Telltale Games make a comeback on GOG.COM for you to enjoy. Let’s take a look at them:

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People is a humorous adventure story about the titular Strong Bad, a cartoon hero created by homestarrunner.com.

Telltale Texas Hold'em is a tricky poker game where you compete in a fictional Texas Hold'em tournament along with four colorful characters.

Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures is a witty adventure game based around the characters created by Nick Park and Aardman Animations.

So, take your seat and get ready for some wild adventures - all three above Telltale titles are here to take you on engaging journeys.
Considering the fact that Teltale is dead... who get the money exactly? LCG Entertainment?

The publisher is said to be Telltale... but this publisher is dead and (from my understanding) no one owns the trademark to use the name.

Edit: I have the answer: "Telltale Games and the Telltale logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of LCG Entertainment, Inc."

So yes, this is LCG Entertainment... meh. Not great (see the Telltale wikipedia page).
Post edited December 07, 2020 by Kasper...
Finally some really good news today...
All hail the Cheese!
Kasper...: Considering the fact that Teltale is dead... who get the money exactly? LCG Entertainment?

The publisher is said to be Telltale... but this publisher is dead and (from my understanding) no one owns the trademark to use the name.
The name was bought by LCG along with the majority of the games. Obviously some of the games went elsewhere (Skunkape, etc.).
Telltale the original company is dead, but Telltale the trademark is very much alive.
Post edited December 07, 2020 by my name is sadde catte
Kasper...: Considering the fact that Teltale is dead... who get the money exactly? LCG Entertainment?

my name is sadde catte: The name was bought by LCG along with the majority of the games. Obviously some of the games went elsewhere (Skunkape, etc.).
Telltale the original company is dead, but Telltale the trademark is very much alive.
Yeah, this is what I understood from the copyright at the end of the games description. I thought the trademark was killed... sad to see a new company using the name as if nothing happen honestly... especially this company.
Kasper...: Yeah, this is what I understood from the copyright at the end of the games description. I thought the trademark was killed... sad to see a new company using the name as if nothing happen honestly... especially this company.
It's a pretty normal occurance. Not that I'm defending it, but it happens pretty often so I don't find it noteworthy.

Think about when Infogrames renamed themselves Atari, or when Nordic renamed themselves THQ Nordic. Those are both names that were bought and had no continuity to the original owners.
Awesome! Can someone who had already purchased Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures before it was delisted confirm that the new version is the same? Thank you!
These titles are a welcome surprise! I'm glad to see Wallace & Gromit back! :)

Maybe I can actually score it this time before it disappears again :P
Hmm I guess I might grab StrongBad eventually, but I'm not particularly attached to the setting as I haven't ever watched a single episode.

Texas Hold'em I like some more... but I'm disappointed that this is the game we're getting instead of Poker Night. Still, with that many franchises in that game it must be a legal nightmare.

Alexim: Awesome! Can someone who had already purchased Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures before it was delisted confirm that the new version is the same? Thank you!
Me. Let me put it this way: I can't buy the game unless I make it a gift. So, nothing like the "new Fallout / old Fallout" issue.
Post edited December 07, 2020 by joppo
joppo: Hmm I guess I might grab StrongBad eventually, but I'm not particularly attached to the setting as I haven't ever watched a single episode.

Texas Hold'em I like some more... but I'm disappointed that this is the game we're getting instead of Poker Night. Still, with that many franchises in that game it must be a legal nightmare.

Alexim: Awesome! Can someone who had already purchased Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures before it was delisted confirm that the new version is the same? Thank you!
joppo: Me. Let me put it this way: I can't buy the game unless I make it a gift. So, nothing like the "new Fallout / old Fallout" issue.
Perfect, just what I was hoping for, thank you!
@GOG: Wish there was a way to connect Telltale accounts to GOG. Christmas wish!
Kasper...: Yeah, this is what I understood from the copyright at the end of the games description. I thought the trademark was killed... sad to see a new company using the name as if nothing happen honestly... especially this company.
my name is sadde catte: It's a pretty normal occurance. Not that I'm defending it, but it happens pretty often so I don't find it noteworthy.

Think about when Infogrames renamed themselves Atari, or when Nordic renamed themselves THQ Nordic. Those are both names that were bought and had no continuity to the original owners.
I found both cases to be pretty scummy... especially Nordic Games. I guess it bring sales so they don't care.
TheDudeLebowski: @GOG: Wish there was a way to connect Telltale accounts to GOG. Christmas wish!
Well at least W&G and Strongbad are DRM-Free on TTG as well already. (Don't know about Texas Hold em).
Strongbad is the kind of game that goes into "buy during sales" because to be honest Flash start showing its age.

W&G look very promising but why oh why they made them in 3D graphic than claymation instead.
Kasper...: I found both cases to be pretty scummy... especially Nordic Games. I guess it bring sales so they don't care.
I don't really mind to be honest, at least in the case of Nordic. They seem to be pretty good to GOG. Better than the original THQ were anyway.
TheDudeLebowski: @GOG: Wish there was a way to connect Telltale accounts to GOG. Christmas wish!
That would be great. Skunkape (the new owners of TT Sam & Max) have done this so it would be good if "new Telltale" did it as well.
Post edited December 08, 2020 by my name is sadde catte
MarkoH01: Well at least W&G and Strongbad are DRM-Free on TTG as well already. (Don't know about Texas Hold em).
I'm pretty sure it is, as I have the executable backed up. The only reason I bought it was to support the new (back then) dev, who later went on and forgot about the users who helped them grow. Hmm, why does that sound familiar?