It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's making me think of Bethesda. Interplay loses the rights a couple years back, Bethesda gets them, sees no need to put them back initially.
But then, GOG puts up good numbers for two years. More new stuff, more old stuff, more publishers and larger ones at that, including the massive achievement of getting Disney on board, Galaxy's online, Witcher 3's out and selling huge, with Cyberpunk still to come.
Could be totally wrong of course, but all of that put together might have been enough to get them back to the table.
CarrionCrow: It's making me think of Bethesda. Interplay loses the rights a couple years back, Bethesda gets them, sees no need to put them back initially.
But then, GOG puts up good numbers for two years. More new stuff, more old stuff, more publishers and larger ones at that, including the massive achievement of getting Disney on board, Galaxy's online, Witcher 3's out and selling huge, with Cyberpunk still to come.
Could be totally wrong of course, but all of that put together might have been enough to get them back to the table.
From your lips to God's (or Bethesda's) ears.
Are we sure Judas' hint isn't connected to Tomak's hint in the video in http://www.gog.com/forum/general/new_old_games_coming_to_gog ?

Because this mentioned '70s/'80s RPGs and "four years to get here", something like that.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for it to be Bethesda/return of the Fallout games, but thinking about it, maybe it is the rest of the Wizardry games because Wizardry 6-8 came here in May 2013, so perhaps Judas is referring to the release dates of those Wiz games.

Of course I'd much rather prefer 1) Bethesda/ZeniMax or 2) Gold Box games (discussed in latter thread), but the rest of the Wiz's would be some solid hits for sure.
tfishell: Are we sure Judas' hint isn't connected to Tomak's hint in the video in http://www.gog.com/forum/general/new_old_games_coming_to_gog ?

Because this mentioned '70s/'80s RPGs and "four years to get here", something like that.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for it to be Bethesda/return of the Fallout games, but thinking about it, maybe it is the rest of the Wizardry games because Wizardry 6-8 came here in May 2013, so perhaps Judas is referring to the release dates of those Wiz games.

Of course I'd much rather prefer 1) Bethesda/ZeniMax or 2) Gold Box games (discussed in latter thread), but the rest of the Wiz's would be some solid hits for sure.
No clue on that one, and no hints. Could be what you're mentioning, could be something else. Only thing I know for sure is that they're all purchases if any one of those three happens.
Or maybe Civilization series finally land.
I have no idea what this could be, I want to make a guess but I've got nothing... :(
PaterAlf: After I saw this interview, my new guess is Wizardry 1-5. Or maybe the Eye of the Beholder series.
Concerning that first Tek Syndicate guy: Interviewing/talking to people while wearing sunglasses is quite unpolite and absolutely uncool. Especially indoors.

(GOG-interview:) I like that they're drinking beer(?) while talking :D
Then at this point I thought "Fuck! It was not enough beer!" :D

Edit: It's really beer! And what a name for it: "Legendary Galaxy Ale of Awesomeness".... I am thirsty now.
Post edited August 12, 2015 by gamefood
I too hope the new hint it's about the return of the lost fallouts ...
Fingers crossed
dick1982: wild guess: [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakout_(video_game)#Breakout_2000]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakout_(video_game)#Breakout_2000[/url]
Awesome. Now I really want Arkanoid here! I love those brick games. :)

My wild guess would be Warlords 3 or the entire Warlords, original turnbased series.
Post edited August 12, 2015 by Tarm
Daggerfall would be nice and Arena as well as the Fallouts
JudasIscariot: "It's been a good couple of years"

Quotes indicate that this is a Hint and not an actual quote :P
It's Star Trek: Borg, the FMV game featuring John DeLancie as Q, playing havoc with the timeline as he puts you in the past and mocks you for failing.

Wishful thinking, I know.
JudasIscariot: "It's been a good couple of years"

Quotes indicate that this is a Hint and not an actual quote :P
Hmm GOG started in 2008 and the coming out of beta 'closure prank' happened in 2010
http://www.pcgamer.com/gog-com-apologise-for-hoax-closure/

So maybe the clue relates to that but quite how I'm not sure - Fallout 2 is front and centre on that image back then which just takes us back to that but not the early RPG series they've been after for 4 years...

*edit*
When they relaunched they also release Baldur's Gate 2 though so maybe that's where SSI Gold Box comes in?
Post edited August 12, 2015 by Fever_Discordia
Y'know... as much as I love the idea of Bethesda coming aboard, I just don't think that's going to happen this week. The fanfare just isn't there, and I think GOG would be making more noise if the house that built The Elder Scrolls was scheduled to show up.
fortune_p_dawg: Y'know... as much as I love the idea of Bethesda coming aboard, I just don't think that's going to happen this week. The fanfare just isn't there, and I think GOG would be making more noise if the house that built The Elder Scrolls was scheduled to show up.
You're probably right.
But it remains a fact that GOG have learned to cut on the hype in these last years (after so many disappointments with their first campaigns).

The arrival of Disney and Paradox was quite a surprise at the time.
karnak1: The arrival of Disney and Paradox was quite a surprise at the time.
While Paradox's arrival was mostly out of the blue, Disney's was most definitely not. For starters, GOG had hyped that they had closed a deal with a big publisher. 1-2 months afterwards, they announced that a countdown would appear in the site within a month. Then, the countdown (with numbers themed after Indiana Jones, Monkey Island and Star Wars) appeared, before the first 6 LucasArts games showed up.
Post edited August 12, 2015 by Grargar