It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

karnak1: Now that you people are mentioning it, it's a shame that Portugal still remains one of the few countries in Europe (along with Ireland) which has never released a classic in video game history. :(
adaliabooks: We may never have made any great games in Ireland, but we did make Havok...
At least you did something.
I wonder why your country also never released any videogaming hit.

I mean... even Scotland released GTA and Lemmings.
adaliabooks: We may never have made any great games in Ireland, but we did make Havok...
karnak1: At least you did something.

Smaller country and our talent leaves their home to find work somewhere else, Tiago Sousa (for example) is a big name in the industry.

Cyraxpt: Smaller country and our talent leaves their home to find work somewhere else, Tiago Sousa (for example) is a big name in the industry.
Unfortunately, it seems that anyone who wants to do anything related to videogaming in Portugal must go abroad. The country has a huge crab mentality.

Every time someone wants to crate a solid structure concerning videogame development, the project collapses due to the conflict between interested parties.

We supposedly now have an institution (in Barcelos) focused solely on videogame art. I remember when it was launched, the news reporter asked the project manager what were their goals. He answered that it was to create a game industry focused on the demands of the customer base: namely "3D platform and racing games". WTF??
karnak1: Snip
Yeah, i have a friend that was contacted by another portuguese to work on a game since they were very interested in his work (portfolio), months passed and they never called him back (or even worked on that project) he had to leave to another country and now is really happy working on videogames.

This is a good reading about the subject.

Edit: Sorry about the offtopic.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Cyraxpt
Cyraxpt: This is a good reading about the subject.

Edit: Sorry about the offtopic.
A very good article.

If any of you, foreigners, wants to know how videogames are NOT made in Portugal - then see link above.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by karnak1
vicklemos: I did some "pro work" (you can actually hear me laughing in the background if you raise the volume like a maniac) for the pt-br version like 15 yrs ago! :P
Splendid !

When we get Max Payne hopefully we'll get the Pt-Br language pack so when we crank it up we can hear a fellow goglodyte laughing maniacally, perhaps high on valquíria. :)

I imagine it's just the size... in recent years Ireland has been quite a hotspot of most IT things, but game development never seemed to have caught on, beyond mobile and online stuff anyway...
NowaAnglia: Splendid !

When we get Max Payne hopefully we'll get the Pt-Br language pack so when we crank it up we can hear a fellow goglodyte laughing maniacally, perhaps high on valquíria. :)
Hopefully, GOG will be able to acquire any extra language packs, as Max Payne on Steam is English-only.
Grargar: Hopefully, GOG will be able to acquire any extra language packs, as Max Payne on Steam is English-only.
I have a non-Steam copy of Max Payne from gamesplanet / metaboli. Although I only ever log into uk.gamesplanet.com and get the English version, Metaboli's presence is mostly in non-English speaking countries.

I don't know if Max Payne is or was available from gamesplanet / metaboli in the languages of the respective countries, but maybe someone knows, and it lends some hope.
NowaAnglia: Splendid !

Grargar: Hopefully, GOG will be able to acquire any extra language packs, as Max Payne on Steam is English-only.
I've wanted to play the Max Payne series for a while now. The GOG wishlist is over 11,000! C'mon GOG, you gotta get this game!
IronArcturus: I've wanted to play the Max Payne series for a while now. The GOG wishlist is over 11,000! C'mon GOG, you gotta get this game!
Yeah come on GOG! That day Judas is coming with a hint like "This guy looks like he has permant constipation and the name underlines it perfectly" - somewhat like this - yep, that day we will say "Welcome!" to Mr. Payne aboard this crazy ship.
You'll find your Enigmatic Hint attached below :) Should be an easy one :P
Attachments:
JudasIscariot: You'll find your Enigmatic Hint attached below :) Should be an easy one :P
That's a Ziggurat. AVP: Alien VS Predator took place in a Ziggurat, so it's AVP: Alien VS Predator. Finally, a big budget movie release!
*Wooooooshhhhhhh*

What is this? The wind is too stong and it took my answer... The kitty grabbed my answer, bad kitty, come back here!!!
Post edited July 27, 2015 by Cyraxpt
JudasIscariot: You'll find your Enigmatic Hint attached below :) Should be an easy one :P
Ziggurat?
Cyraxpt: Ziggurat? Isn't that already on gog?
No.
Post edited July 27, 2015 by Grargar