It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

animalmother2105: Fellow GOGers, do you think, that the game(s) behind this longstanding hint will be released during this tower promo?
I do.
If so, they'll be released at the top of the tower. The "mystery final offer" they're talking about.
JudasIscariot: You know, I worked for a geologist for a while as a drill rig operator and he said that 10,000 years is a blink of an eye in geological terms :P
Mr Driller on gog confirmed!
high rated
JudasIscariot: You know, I worked for a geologist for a while as a drill rig operator and he said that 10,000 years is a blink of an eye in geological terms :P
Cyraxpt: Mr Driller on gog confirmed!
Or Dig Dug in some form. Loved that game in the arcade ;)
Cyraxpt: Mr Driller on gog confirmed!
RWarehall: Or Dig Dug in some form.
Atari confirmed!
animalmother2105: Fellow GOGers, do you think, that the game(s) behind this longstanding hint will be released during this tower promo?
karnak1: I do.
If so, they'll be released at the top of the tower. The "mystery final offer" they're talking about.
The waiting continues...
karnak1: I do.
animalmother2105: The waiting continues...
Yup (sigh) :(
I think Ys and Agarest Zero were guesses earlier in the thread, and since Judas hasn't been back here we can presumably eliminate them.

'Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.' Ergo the hint is for the Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes games, but GOG lost them. :-P
Can we propose that Enigmatic Hints should expire at the end of 60 days/two full calendar months from date of issue? Sometimes it's just better to move on.
I was one of those who also thought the hint was referring to "Hyperdimension Neptunia".

But, after so many delays (and considering that there wouldn't be so much trouble bringing other Idea Factory games here), it's likely that the hint is connected to another publisher which raised unexpected issues in launching the game here.
You have a point with the new publisher, that would make sense. I did not think about it that way. And it fits Sega with Total War. :)
karnak1: I was one of those who also thought the hint was referring to "Hyperdimension Neptunia".

But, after so many delays (and considering that there wouldn't be so much trouble bringing other Idea Factory games here), it's likely that the hint is connected to another publisher which raised unexpected issues in launching the game here.
Nah, its this. I don't know what is holding it up, but this is definitely the right game.

At least, it is a perfect hint for the game. Pop culture pun, then warring consoles. Like a glove, mate. Like a glove.
I just have one question for Judas. Are you at least certain the Hint is actually still relevant? As in, is this a title that we can reasonably expect to actually show up?

These delays remind me of the situation with LucasArts, where negotiations were set back due to the company's acquisition by Disney. I wonder if something similar occurred in this case.
Gandos: I just have one question for Judas. Are you at least certain the Hint is actually still relevant? As in, is this a title that we can reasonably expect to actually show up?

These delays remind me of the situation with LucasArts, where negotiations were set back due to the company's acquisition by Disney. I wonder if something similar occurred in this case.
That's my bet.
If not for "Hyperdimension Neptunia" then it's SEGA we're talking about.
The fact that DotEmu lost the right to sell SEGA games recently seems to indicate that something's up involving the friends of the old blue hedgehog.
karnak1: The fact that DotEmu lost the right to sell SEGA games recently seems to indicate that something's up involving the friends of the old blue hedgehog.
Just a contract expiration.
karnak1: The fact that DotEmu lost the right to sell SEGA games recently seems to indicate that something's up involving the friends of the old blue hedgehog.
Grargar: Just a contract expiration.
OK. But, considering that DotEmu didn't renew the contract I wonder if GOG made any sort of move towards acquiring them as publishers.

From what I heard SEGA is known to be a tough nut to crack in regards to dealing with them. It wouldn't be easy convincing them to sell some old Total War games DRM-Free (even though the CDs had no DRM until Empire Total War), but not impossible.

On the other hand, GOG could also be trying to establish a deal with Take2. I suppose that would mean X-Com games here.
(miam miam)
Post edited April 21, 2015 by karnak1