It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SpellSword: Sadly I can't figure out a way for that hint to mean One Must Fall 2097. >_>
(The day will come. I have hope!)
Um, you do know that the game has become freeware 16 years ago by now and can be downloaded legally basically everywhere?
Gandos: Games like Ys don't fit the hint given at all. All of the ones that are here were originally released as PC games and only later received handheld ports. In fact, up until Ys Seven, the series was a predominantly PC one. So saying that it has anything to do with "console wars" would be really stretching it.

In any event, while I understand the frustration with the hint still not reaching its conclusion, it's possible that it wasn't actually meant to last this long and that the release for which it was provided has encountered complications at the last minute. Regardless of what happened, though, the release is apparently still happening; otherwise, Judas would have probably at least cancelled the hint by now.
Scorpionscythe: They do fit.... site not far away (Steam) and console war (since they were on consoles).
Again, saying that the Ys games fit the "console war" theme on the grounds that they were later ported to the PSP is really stretching it. By that logic, something like Deus Ex would also fit the hint, since it was ported (badly) to the PS2. This isn't even mentioning the fact that Ys Origin was never ported to another platform, making it a PC exclusive title.

There's abstract and then there's being so barely related as to make the hint entirely meaningless. Whatever the hinted game is, it's much more likely that it is something that was originally a console game that was later ported to PC rather than vice versa.
Did not this Hint used to be a week-long thing; solved within a week?
Geralt_of_Rivia: Um, you do know that the game has become freeware 16 years ago by now and can be downloaded legally basically everywhere?
Didn't you know that people want even freeware games here on GOG? :P
animalmother2105: Did not this Hint used to be a week-long thing; solved within a week?
Usually, but there have been cases where the hint was delayed for weeks.
Post edited February 25, 2015 by Grargar
Scorpionscythe: They do fit.... site not far away (Steam) and console war (since they were on consoles).
Gandos: Again, saying that the Ys games fit the "console war" theme on the grounds that they were later ported to the PSP is really stretching it. By that logic, something like Deus Ex would also fit the hint, since it was ported (badly) to the PS2. This isn't even mentioning the fact that Ys Origin was never ported to another platform, making it a PC exclusive title.

There's abstract and then there's being so barely related as to make the hint entirely meaningless. Whatever the hinted game is, it's much more likely that it is something that was originally a console game that was later ported to PC rather than vice versa.
Well, you could say Deus Ex then but its already here :-). Doesn't matter really and no purpose in going back and forth about it. I agree to disagree with you. That being said, if it is a console port, that doesn't exactly limit the options much. I know Neptunia fits best, but it could be just about any console game that was ported to PC. It would be nice to have a second hint, especially considering the wait time on this one.

*Edit... Should say Agarest War series and/or Neptunia since both really fit.
Post edited February 25, 2015 by Scorpionscythe
Grargar: Usually, but there have been cases where the hint was delayed for weeks.
Hm, but was there a case where it was postponed for over a month? I can't recall any and it will be a month tomorrow.
zeffyr: Hm, but was there a case where it was postponed for over a month? I can't recall any and it will be a month tomorrow.
Hogs of War was eventually released 34 days after it was hinted.
zeffyr: Hm, but was there a case where it was postponed for over a month? I can't recall any and it will be a month tomorrow.
Grargar: Hogs of War was eventually released 34 days after it was hinted.
I'm more and more impressed by your smugness! :-) Thanks for the info.
jkiiskinen: Maybe we'll get some Koei classics like Nobunaga's Ambition, Bandit Kings of Ancient China, Genghis Khan, L'Empereur.
I never got a chance to play the DOS games KOEI released. T_T I'd be very interested in purchasing them if they ever came to GOG. -_^
(Celtic Tales: Balor of the Evil Eye and Gemfire look especially interesting, imo...)

SpellSword: Sadly I can't figure out a way for that hint to mean One Must Fall 2097. >_>
(The day will come. I have hope!)
Geralt_of_Rivia: Um, you do know that the game has become freeware 16 years ago by now and can be downloaded legally basically everywhere?
I'm well aware of that. But picture One Must Fall: 2097 paired with One Must Fall: Battlegrounds in a pack along with their amazing soundtracks and a digital version of the original official gigantic strategy guide (Which was a separate purchase back in the day) that contained all the information about the different robots, secrets, etc.

I still have my original physical copy of both the game and that book. ^_^
(And I would re-purchase both games if they were released on GOG. Either in a pack or separately.)

Even if GOG wasn't going to sell , having more quality freeware on the site along side their other free offerings wouldn't be a bad thing... plus if [url=http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/one_must_fall_battleground]Battlegrounds was also in the GOG catalog 2097 would in many ways serve as an advertisement for it. -_^

GOG currently offers the following games for free: ^_^ (Thank you to both GOG and the Publishers/Developers who have made that possible.)
Lure of the Temptress, Beneath a Steel Sky, , [url=http://www.gog.com/game/tyrian_2000]Tyrian 2000, , [url=http://www.gog.com/game/akalabeth_world_of_doom]Akalabeth: World of Doom, Ultima 4: Quest of the Avatar, Worlds of Ultima: Savage Empire, Ultima Worlds of Adventure: Martian Dreams, , [url=http://www.gog.com/game/stargunner]Stargunners, Flight of the Amazon Queen and Treasure Adventure Game.

One of the things that first drew me to GOG was their free release of those titles. (Like, Beneath a Steel Sky) After running a few of them and looking at the extras GOG was offering with them the quality of the releases quickly became apparent. (Simple to install and run on modern hardware plus so many cool related special extras like soundtracks and as much of the original documentation as they could get their hands on... very cool!!!)

Grargar: Didn't you know that people want even freeware games here on GOG? :P
The GOG edition of a classic game is usually packed with so many extras and tuned to run with a very simple installation... who wouldn't want that! ^_^

Plus don't forget the trust factor. Files downloaded from GOG are going to be exactly what you expect without any added... surprises... >_>
JudasIscariot: "In a short time, from a site not far away, you too will fight in a console war!"

Aaaaaand we're back :D
... I seem to remember the line of dialog "Aaaaaand we're back." from a Star Wars game...
(Can't remember which one...) >_<

Perhaps the enigmatic hint is referring to Star Wars: Rebel Assault?

It was released on both the PC and MAC as well as the consoles. (Sega CD & 3DO)
Post edited February 26, 2015 by SpellSword
JudasIscariot: "In a short time, from a site not far away, you too will fight in a console war!"

SpellSword: ... I seem to remember the line of dialog "Aaaaaand we're back." from a Star Wars game...
(Can't remember which one...) >_<

Perhaps the enigmatic hint is referring to Star Wars: Rebel Assault?

It was released on both the PC and MAC as well as the consoles. (Sega CD & 3DO)
It's clearly referring to Outlaws!

here let me explain it to you:

[(3/Bibbidi + 24/Bobbidi) * 35Boo] +Magic = Outlaws
Post edited February 26, 2015 by Soccorro

Matruchus: Could it be Transistor?
Oh how I wish you are right. I've been avoiding getting it on Steam in the slim hope that it might come here eventually.
Soccorro: It's clearly referring to Outlaws!

here let me explain it to you:

[(3/Bibbidi + 24/Bobbidi) * 35Boo] +Magic = Outlaws
Now it all makes sense! Time too shout "Eureka!" and run naked through the streets.
Matruchus: Could it be Transistor?
Siegor: Oh how I wish you are right. I've been avoiding getting it on Steam in the slim hope that it might come here eventually.
I wish GOG could get Transistor as well. It already has over 1,200 votes in the wishlist!
Was the last hint about the AvP Classic crossplay news?