It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IronArcturus: That was a great game! Is there really a chance GOG could get it?
I don't see why not. GOG already has Disney on board through the LucasArts games.
IronArcturus: That was a great game! Is there really a chance GOG could get it?
pezhead53: I don't see why not. GOG already has Disney on board through the LucasArts games.
I wish we could see Outlaws too. There are over 2,700 votes for it!
Screw it, I'll cross my fingers and hope that it's the Macventure series of games.

It fits the console war theme, even if the rest of the hint doesn't.
Post edited January 30, 2015 by CarrionCrow
Still nothing? Hints are fine but a release date for the hint would be even better!
Judas, you're free to tell us if it has been delayed for this week. :P
Grargar: Judas, you're free to tell us if it has been delayed for this week. :P
Judas admits NOTHING!
Grargar: Judas, you're free to tell us if it has been delayed for this week. :P
omega64: Judas admits NOTHING!
All joking aside... This is one reason GOG loses business to Steam (which I can't stand). For example, lets say Neptunia is in fact coming here. However, its out now on Steam now at a discount. If I know its coming here, just delayed a bit, I will wait and get it here. However, since noone is saying anything and there is no guarantee of anything except a silly hint, potential customers may go ahead and purchase elsewhere. I just don't get why GOG doesn't make a formal 'Coming Soon' section detailing regular releases that they have signed.
Post edited January 30, 2015 by Scorpionscythe
Scorpionscythe: All joking aside... This is one reason GOG loses business to Steam (which I can't stand). For example, lets say Neptunia is in fact coming here. However, its out now on Steam now at a discount. If I know its coming here, just delayed a bit, I will wait and get it here. However, since noone is saying anything and there is no guarantee of anything except a silly hint, potential customers may go ahead and purchase elsewhere. I just don't get why GOG doesn't make a formal 'Coming Soon' section detailing regular releases that they have signed.
There is an upcoming section at the main page; that's for games that they can guarantee will be coming here. The rest? They can't guarantee it.
Scorpionscythe: All joking aside... This is one reason GOG loses business to Steam (which I can't stand).
Some of your points are valid.
But it's not for such reasons that Steam has the upper hand.

Steam has way more clients than GOG for the simple fact that it's Steam. An over-hyped selling machine that dominates the market because it has money. Lots of it.

Plenty of money to "bribe" game publishers so that they only sell their games there and plenty of money to bribe gaming press so that they inform every time Steam has game X or game Y.

In fact, you wouldn't imagine the number of young gamers who've almost never heard of GOG because GOG is almost never spoken of in gaming news site.

We've all got to be honest here: GOG has no means to compete with Steam right now. The market doesn't allow it.
The only way GOG can exist is by offering quality service to its customers.

Let's say that the only way for GOG to suvive is to be a sort of Criterion of gaming
Post edited January 30, 2015 by karnak1
Scorpionscythe: All joking aside... This is one reason GOG loses business to Steam (which I can't stand). For example, lets say Neptunia is in fact coming here. However, its out now on Steam now at a discount. If I know its coming here, just delayed a bit, I will wait and get it here. However, since noone is saying anything and there is no guarantee of anything except a silly hint, potential customers may go ahead and purchase elsewhere. I just don't get why GOG doesn't make a formal 'Coming Soon' section detailing regular releases that they have signed.
Grargar: There is an upcoming section at the main page; that's for games that they can guarantee will be coming here. The rest? They can't guarantee it.
True, I am aware of the section. I should reword to state that I wish they would use it more!
Scorpionscythe: All joking aside... This is one reason GOG loses business to Steam (which I can't stand).
karnak1: Some of your points are valid.
But it's not for such reasons that Steam has the upper hand.

Steam has way more clients than GOG for the simple fact that it's Steam. An over-hyped selling machine that dominates the market because it has money. Lots of it.

Plenty of money to "bribe" game publishers so that they only sell their games there and plenty of money to bribe gaming press so that they inform every time Steam has game X or game Y.

In fact, you wouldn't imagine the number of young gamers who've almost never heard of GOG because GOG is almost never spoken of in gaming news site.

We've all got to be honest here: GOG has no means to compete with Steam right now. The market doesn't allow it.
The only way GOG can exist is by offering quality service to its customers.

Let's say that the only way for GOG to suvive is to be a sort of Criterion of gaming
I absolutely agree with your points. I am not saying its one of the only reasons, but certainly affects sales for those gamers that are aware of both services. Another reason is the poor patching system that GOG uses (which will hopefully be corrected with Galaxy). However, I will take the hardship if that means I get a true DRM free version of a game. At the end of the day, I just wish that GOG had better communication in general. I also want to see GOG become a competitor on the level of steam in the future even if they aren't now.
Post edited January 30, 2015 by Scorpionscythe
omega64: Judas admits NOTHING!
I agree. There's been games like Aarklash and Shadowrun returns which I bought on Steam because there was no indication they would ever be available here on GoG.
I'm a patient man: as long as GOG says something like "we're negotiating game A or B" or "we've contacted the developers of C" i'll refrain from buying elsewhere until it shows up or it's been confirmed the game won't be released here.
Seems like the Enigmatic Hint has been delayed for next week, indeed.
JudasIscariot: "In a short time, from a site not far away, you too will fight in a console war!"

Aaaaaand we're back :D
Homeworld until Gearbox found out GOG wasn't Steam, then they went all, "oooooohhhhh, yeah, sorry no can do..."
tfishell: Homeworld until Gearbox found out GOG wasn't Steam, then they went all, "oooooohhhhh, yeah, sorry no can do..."
I keep hoping someday Homeworld will make it to GOG. It was such an excellent series that every gamer should experience at least once. I still remember the Intro to this day...
IronArcturus: I keep hoping someday Homeworld will make it to GOG.
Personally I keep hoping someday Homeworld won't make it to GOG.