It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JinseiNGC224: Even if we now know what tomorrow's games are, this hint may be different.

Shadows of the Empire fits well, but so does Hyperdimension Neptunia. The thing is the hint is set up more like Star Wars, so I'm thinking more in line with that.
karnak1: Shadow of the Empire was also ported to PC back in the day, so I think it don't applies.
I know it was ported, but the idea of people fighting over what version is best is kind of what I'm getting at

It might not even be that
What if, on Thursday, it turns out that a PC version of Rouge Squadron 2 WAS finished but never released and GOG corrects that!
*shoots for the moon*
Grargar: A late killjoy. Also, the writer got it wrong, because we'll be getting Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II and not Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. :P
I'm goging to keep my instabuys for games I have very fond memories of. Which means I'll instabuy Outcast and wait for a promo on the rest of the dark forces series.

BTW, has anybody thought of not taking the console as a gaming console? Something like fighting a war through a console interface? Some kind of simulator, maybe?
Post edited January 26, 2015 by P1na
My personal opinion is that by "console war" he means a game which for a long time was console-only and whose setting revolves around battles.

Valkyria Chronicles would be a good bet, but seeing it here is not probable.
If we could get SEGA here that would mean that Total War titles would not be far.
Grargar: A late killjoy. Also, the writer got it wrong, because we'll be getting Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II and not Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. :P
P1na: I'm goging to keep my instabuys for games I have very fond memories of. Which means I'll instabuy Outcast and wait for a promo on the rest of the dark forces series.

BTW, has anybody thought of not taking the console as a gaming console? Something like fighting a war through a console interface? Some kind of simulator, maybe?
That sounds ... terrible.
Uhm, star wars reference to throw us off, short time goes for the release date, site not far away goes for that gog website (are they still around?) and the last part is the tricky one... Something tells me it's a new (indie game) but i can't understand the console reference... a game that has war on it and was console exclusive (like others said, VC but i doubt sega would go for that) or, again, like others said, that Game dev tycoon...

Oh well, i'll use my wild card. it's Segagaga. gog paid for the translation and pc port!
Post edited January 26, 2015 by Cyraxpt
JudasIscariot: "In a short time, from a site not far away, you too will fight in a console war!"

Aaaaaand we're back :D
mcneil_1: Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1?
I went and looked the game up. I think you have the winning guess, but man, talk about something that would only be created in Japan!

Makes Hatoful Boyfriend look plain-Jane in comparison. :)
Cyraxpt: Oh well, i'll use my wild card. it's Segagaga. gog paid for the translation and pc port!
:D
Now THAT would be a big deal, whoa!
I wanted to believe that Hyperdimension thing was just a wishful thought and uhm...
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 is coming to PC via Steam on January 28th, Idea Factory announced this morning. The game will cost $30, but for a week after launch you’ll be able to grab it for $15.
I'll be so disappointed at you gog that i'll log off and won't login for 10 minutes as a protest. Also, lol at the 15$ one week cash in on the fans...

Cyraxpt: Oh well, i'll use my wild card. it's Segagaga. gog paid for the translation and pc port!
vicklemos: :D
And yet, something like the Call of Duty franchise has a bigger chance of showing up here. ;)
P1na: I'm goging to keep my instabuys for games I have very fond memories of. Which means I'll instabuy Outcast and wait for a promo on the rest of the dark forces series.

Another thought of mine would be whether the "console wars" were referring to the title of the game, instead of the content.
Cyraxpt: I wanted to believe that Hyperdimension thing was just a wishful thought and uhm...

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 is coming to PC via Steam on January 28th, Idea Factory announced this morning. The game will cost $30, but for a week after launch you’ll be able to grab it for $15.
Cyraxpt: I'll be so disappointed at you gog that i'll log off and won't login for 10 minutes as a protest. Also, lol at the 15$ one week cash in on the fans...

vicklemos: :D
Cyraxpt: And yet, something like the Call of Duty franchise has a bigger chance of showing up here. ;)
Really? I mean, localizing a game, emulating it to perfection, lol, too much trouble, I know.
But regarding COD, why is that?

I don't like the series, btw.
vicklemos: Really? I mean, localizing a game, emulating it to perfection, lol, too much trouble, I know.

It was a cheeky exagerated joke, doubt that COD publisher, Activision, will ever publish a drm-free game but even then it would have a better shot of appearing here than an old dreamcast game that was never released outside of japan... and you know... Sega =/= Gog. :)
vicklemos: Really? I mean, localizing a game, emulating it to perfection, lol, too much trouble, I know.

Cyraxpt: Sega =/= Gog. :)
That's bad... for SEGA. And for us, people who would love to see SEGA games here.
Just look what Gog did with Disney/Lucasfilm. A blast! Because they're capable and honest folks, that's why.
Games for gamers.
Speaking of FPS games, will GOG ever get Hard Reset or RetroBlazer?
JudasIscariot: "In a short time, from a site not far away, you too will fight in a console war!"

Aaaaaand we're back :D
What if the "site not far away" means physically? As in a Polish games company? Wikipedia suggests a lot of the games by Polish companies are already here... but Epic Games Poland worked on Gears of War and Bulletstorm... Gears of War might work, as I seem to remember it was one of the XBox's exclusives (over the PS anyway).
Not likely I know...