It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grargar: The more we'll be asking for LucasArts games, the more we'll be getting sales and indie games in return. :P
Yeah, thats probably true in a kind of weird way :)
IronArcturus: Hmm. So, hurray for indie games?
Grargar: And for sales. :P
The problem with sales on a site that sells old games is, eventually, you run out of old games to buy. I really don't care about the new indie titles when I can get stuff like X-Wing, because I can get indie titles anywhere.

I tried, I really did; I looked through the entire sale list for anything released 1995 or earlier that I was interested in and didn't already own.
After a month-long sale, I have to wonder what percentage of GOG's userbase has caught up to buying all the games they actually want from here. :P
tfishell: After a month-long sale, I have to wonder what percentage of GOG's userbase has caught up to buying all the games they actually want from here. :P
I for one still have games on my wishlist.
Theres no way i coud buy them all even if they all went on sale.
The next one is Ignition. Am I right? :-D
Lowe0: The problem with sales on a site that sells old games is, eventually, you run out of old games to buy. I really don't care about the new indie titles when I can get stuff like X-Wing, because I can get indie titles anywhere.

I tried, I really did; I looked through the entire sale list for anything released 1995 or earlier that I was interested in and didn't already own.
It helps that you actually own a DRM free copy of those indie games if you buy them here.
Too many sites just get you a Steam copy.
tfishell: After a month-long sale, I have to wonder what percentage of GOG's userbase has caught up to buying all the games they actually want from here. :P
And what percentage caught up with the number they're willing to buy from anywhere. Backlogs are growing huge when you can get games for so little and at some point many people will say enough, even if there may still be things they may be interested in, those will still be there later. So shops noticed they generate more total income at 80% off than at full price or even 50% off, but the sale frequency and the number of free game giveaways shows that's going away now and they're getting desperate to find ways to keep ignoring economic realities and keep growing (*ahem* see what GOG's doing in terms of principles...) instead of admitting there are times to huddle down, maybe downsize a notch and see about waiting it out.
Lowe0: The problem with sales on a site that sells old games is, eventually, you run out of old games to buy. I really don't care about the new indie titles when I can get stuff like X-Wing, because I can get indie titles anywhere.

Yeah not too crazy about the new indie titles either I'm more about getting the classics that I can't play anymore due to my computer being too new. Buying the classics here updates them so I can play them again. Hopefully GOG will release some more games we actually enjoy in the near future like how about some more Microprose games
angelus04: Yeah not too crazy about the new indie titles either I'm more about getting the classics that I can't play anymore due to my computer being too new. Buying the classics here updates them so I can play them again. Hopefully GOG will release some more games we actually enjoy in the near future like how about some more Microprose games
Yeah, I agree im still waiting for more classical games that get released daily on Steam in improved versions that work in hd and on new windows versions. Its just annoying to see a lot of indie games on gog that on the old good old games site would have never been released cause of their quality. I mean you have a lot of crappy android games now on gog.
angelus04: Yeah not too crazy about the new indie titles either I'm more about getting the classics that I can't play anymore due to my computer being too new. Buying the classics here updates them so I can play them again. Hopefully GOG will release some more games we actually enjoy in the near future like how about some more Microprose games
Matruchus: Yeah, I agree im still waiting for more classical games that get released daily on Steam in improved versions that work in hd and on new windows versions. Its just annoying to see a lot of indie games on gog that on the old good old games site would have never been released cause of their quality. I mean you have a lot of crappy android games now on gog.
You do?
Any examples?
Matruchus: Yeah, I agree im still waiting for more classical games that get released daily on Steam in improved versions that work in hd and on new windows versions. Its just annoying to see a lot of indie games on gog that on the old good old games site would have never been released cause of their quality. I mean you have a lot of crappy android games now on gog.
omega64: You do?
Any examples?
1849?
Any examples?
Cavalary: 1849?
Lol, first time I've encountered that one. Thought I checked the site pretty frequently. xD
Yeah, that seems pretty awful
Post edited December 18, 2014 by omega64
omega64: Lol, first time I've encountered that one. Thought I checked the site pretty frequently. xD
Yeah, that seems pretty awful
Yeah its one of better examples :)
Any examples?
Well it's not like Steam doesn't also get those games, not sure why GOG shouldn't. It has a 7/10 rating on Steam... can't be all that bad. Personally I'd rather GOG release what they can whatever they can instead of trying to determine for me or any customer what is good quality because that is subjective and we all have different taste.
BKGaming: Well it's not like Steam doesn't also get those games, not sure why GOG shouldn't. It has a 7/10 rating on Steam... can't be all that bad. Personally I'd rather GOG release what they can whatever they can instead of trying to determine for me or any customer what is good quality because that is subjective and we all have different taste.
And I agree with you on that (which is odd). But, you know, only what it can while sticking to (what used to be) its core principles. All of them.. (But this is back to the usual talk and we had enough of that on related issues, meh.)

PS: They should stick to some objective measures of quality though, as in not release broken games, bug-ridden, incomplete, or worst of all any so broken that they may damage systems they're installed on.
Post edited December 20, 2014 by Cavalary