It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: Correct.
We only updated the game page, not the installer :)
Ok, but my defect report still holds - the current installer doesn't state what version it is. :)
JudasIscariot: Correct.
We only updated the game page, not the installer :)
skeletonbow: Ok, but my defect report still holds - the current installer doesn't state what version it is. :)
Fixed.
JudasIscariot: Fixed.
Damn you're fast! I went to make a screenshot to illustrate, didn't take a minute and you fixed it already. You must have a lot of coffee in you today. LOL Thanks for the quick fixes! :)

Ok, I've installed all of the Wadjet games (A Golden Wake, all 5 Blackwell games, Resonance, Gemini Rue, Primordia) and all of them now register with Galaxy (some didn't previously) correctly upon install except for Resonance - it still does not inform Galaxy that it has been installed. I'll go update my mantis reports for any of the others that previously didn't report themselves to Galaxy.

Thanks again for the updates.
Post edited July 08, 2016 by skeletonbow
low rated
Post edited July 09, 2016 by mistermumbles
muntdefems: [WARNING!] More (likely bogus) file updates detected! These are the one for Shadowrun Returns, Celestian Tales: Old North, and Big Pharma.
The one for Shadowrun Returns is correct, the Mac version of the DLC was updated to 2.x.
skeletonbow: - The first 4 Blackwell games unbundled, download into folders named "episode1_blackwell_blahblah" "episode2_blackwell...." [...] Note - this is the only episodic game series that uses this poorly chosen naming convention that I've encountered so far.
Wallace & Gromit folders also start with the same episode_ prefix, so they're interspersed with the blackwell episodes... Not only that, but unlike the blackwell episodes. the W&G folder names don't include the words "wallace" or "gromit" or "wg" or anything helpful to identify them.

At least those folders aren't named some_different_game_copy3...
high rated
muntdefems: [WARNING!] More (likely bogus) file updates detected! These are the one for Shadowrun Returns, Celestian Tales: Old North, and Big Pharma.
Loenas: The one for Shadowrun Returns is correct, the Mac version of the DLC was updated to 2.x.
Thanks for the report! :)

From MaGog's logs for 8 July (more Galaxy-specific updates, lower system requirements and an extra bonus, basically):

---------------------------

Serious Sam: The First Encounter has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- File name has not changed (setup_serious_sam_the_first_encounter_2.0.0.10.exe) --- Size has not changed (293.0 MB) --- Date has not changed (Fri 18 Oct 2013 15:16:55 GMT) --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* gog-10

[NO CHANGELOG]

Serious Sam: The Second Encounter has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- File name has not changed (setup_serious_sam_the_second_encounter_2.1.0.8.exe) --- Size has not changed (427.1 MB) --- Date has not changed (Thu 30 Apr 2015 13:29:58 GMT) --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* gog-8

[NO CHANGELOG]

We Happy Few [Upcoming] has probably changed

>>> Supported OS changed *FROM* Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10) *TO* Windows (7, 8, 10)

>>> System requirements for Windows changed *FROM* [empty] *TO* 7 (64-bit) or higher, Processor: Triple-core Intel or AMD, 2.0 GHz or faster, Memory: 8 GB RAM, Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 460 GTX or AMD Radeon 5870 HD series or higher Mobile: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M or higher, DirectX: Version 11, Storage: 6 GB available space, Mouse & Keyboard, Recommended system requirements: 7 (64-bit) or higher, Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD, 2.5 GHz or faster, Memory: 8 GB RAM, Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 660 GTX or AMD Radeon 7870 HD series or higher, DirectX: Version 11, Storage: 6 GB available space, Mouse & Keyboard

Black Moon Chronicles has probably changed

>>> System requirements for Windows changed *FROM* Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10, Processor: 1 GHz, RAM: 4 GB, Hard drive space: 540 MB, Graphics card: DirectX 8.1-compatible graphics card, Sound card: all DirectX-compatible cards, Mouse & Keyboard *TO* Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10, Processor: 1 GHz, RAM: 1 GB, Hard drive space: 540 MB, Graphics card: DirectX 8.1-compatible graphics card, Sound card: all DirectX-compatible cards, Mouse & Keyboard

Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear - Digital Deluxe Edition [Premium] [DLC] has probably changed

>>> Bonuses changed *FROM* Adventurer's Guide, Sword Coast Survival Guide, Field Guide, Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear soundtrack (FLAC and MP3), Baldur's Gate: Enchanced Edition soundtrack (FLAC and MP3) *TO* Adventurer's Guide, Sword Coast Survival Guide, Field Guide, Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear soundtrack (FLAC and MP3), Baldur's Gate: Enchanced Edition soundtrack (FLAC and MP3), 4 artworks
Post edited July 08, 2016 by muntdefems
muntdefems:
Changing Serious Sam setups?
Just bring the HD versions here already. :P
mvscot: Wallace & Gromit folders also start with the same episode_ prefix, so they're interspersed with the blackwell episodes... Not only that, but unlike the blackwell episodes. the W&G folder names don't include the words "wallace" or "gromit" or "wg" or anything helpful to identify them.

At least those folders aren't named some_different_game_copy3...
Not quite the same, as the Blackwell collection are all individual folders at the top level of your downloads, however Wallace and Grommit are all subdirectories of the wallace_and_grommit directory, so you have:

GOG-Downloads\wallace_and_grommit\episodeN-<name> for each episode

But for Blackwell it is different, it is:
GOG-Downloads\episode1_blackwellblahblah
GOG-Downloads\episode2_blackwellblahblah
GOG-Downloads\episode3_blackwellblahblah
GOG-Downloads\episode4_blackwellblahblah

My problem with the naming of the blackwell games, is that it is user non-friendly to a user's mind-flow. If you decide "I want to install Blackwell Convergence" your mind is thinking "blackwell" and you look through your download folder from the top down going "a..." "b..." "bl..." "bla..." hmm, "c"... where are the blackwell games? Hmm, maybe I didn't download them. I'll go download them now. So you go download them again, in Galaxy they're called "Blackwell" with a "B" at the front, then an "L", etc. You wait for the download to finish, go back to your download folder and "a..." "b...." hmm, where the fuck are the blackwell games I just downloaded?

3 months later you're rifling through your download directory and stumble upon the directory named "episode1..." and wonder "what the hell is that... black... shit, who named the blackwell game starting with the word 'episode'??? That's the worst name possible! Ok, not as bad as the way the Star Wars xwing games were named "game21" etc. before, but it's right up there high in the competition!" ;o)

But the process for installing Wallace and Grommit is: "ok, downloads directory, check... now lets see... "a..." "b..." "c..." ... ... ... "v..." "w..." yes, "w" for "WALLACE", ah... there it is - "wallace_and_grommit". Then you go into that directory and there are 5 subdirectories, one for each episode. Not hard to sort that out at that point, and not hard to find the game in your 500+ game downloads folder.

There are two equally reasonable fixes for the Blackwell mess IMHO, either rename each episode to start with the word "blackwell" and put "episodeN" at the *end* of the directory name, or - do the same thing as the Wallace and Grommit game, and make a new "blackwell_collection" directory and move all of the episode_* subdirs into that directory.

Then gamers can actually use normal human thought to search for the game they're looking for without standing on their head for an hour. :)

But those Star Wars games really took the cake... "game21" etc... Did non-human such as a robot generate that name or something? :)

Anyhow... THE GREEN ELF NEEDS FOOD... :)
mvscot: Wallace & Gromit folders also start with the same episode_ prefix, so they're interspersed with the blackwell episodes... Not only that, but unlike the blackwell episodes. the W&G folder names don't include the words "wallace" or "gromit" or "wg" or anything helpful to identify them.
skeletonbow: Not quite the same, as the Blackwell collection are all individual folders at the top level of your downloads, however Wallace and Grommit are all subdirectories of the wallace_and_grommit directory, so you have:

GOG-Downloads\wallace_and_grommit\episodeN-<name> for each episode
Not on my system they're not! (Using GOG Downloader, account refreshed fairly recently.)

My downloads folder looks like:
...\episode_1_fright_of_the_bumblebees
...\episode_1_the_blackwell_legacy
...\episode_2_blackwell_unbound
...\episode_2_the_last_resort
... etc ...

In fact, none of my 900+ downloaded GOG games are in sub-folders like you described.

As for the Star Wars stuff, no robot would generate such an inconsistent mess of folder names, it had to be a human!
Anyone else having a bug with Galaxy not updating Starcrawlers to the latest patch (Gregarious Gorilla v8 - 07.05.2016)?

If I use the standalone patch and do a repair, galaxy revet the game to the old version (Gregarious Gorilla v8 - 06.17.2016) -_-;
muntdefems:
omega64: Changing Serious Sam setups?
Just bring the HD versions here already. :P
Nothing was changed, I just added the last two numerals of the GOG installer version :P No installers were actually changed for either of the Serious Sam games :P
Sarasa: Anyone else having a bug with Galaxy not updating Starcrawlers to the latest patch (Gregarious Gorilla v8 - 07.05.2016)?

If I use the standalone patch and do a repair, galaxy revet the game to the old version (Gregarious Gorilla v8 - 06.17.2016) -_-;
Please file a bug report on our Mantis about this, thank you! :)
Post edited July 08, 2016 by JudasIscariot
mvscot: Not on my system they're not! (Using GOG Downloader, account refreshed fairly recently.)

My downloads folder looks like:
<snip>
In fact, none of my 900+ downloaded GOG games are in sub-folders like you described.

As for the Star Wars stuff, no robot would generate such an inconsistent mess of folder names, it had to be a human!
I downloaded my entire library with Galaxy. Let me try to download wallace again...

Update: Indeed, you're right - Wallace and Grommit does actually download the same way as Blackwell, so it is consistent. I can only guess that perhaps I created the wallace_and_grommit directory myself unless GOG changed it or something, but I have no recollection of doing so and would have had to have done it a few months ago. Entirely possible I forgot though, I'm not a spring chicken anymore. :)

Ok so... both of these games episodes should be renamed IMHO with "episode" at the end. Makes no sense to have 1500+ games in the GOG game catalogue and only have 2 of them named this way inconsistently and confusingly.

Update: filed in Mantis for tracking:
http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=4468
http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=4469
Post edited July 08, 2016 by skeletonbow
I just noticed that "Pirates Gold Plus" now also supports German language. Am I mistaken or is this a recent update? I am pretty sure that I looked it up maybe a few weeks ago and back then the gamecard said English only. As I say I may be mistaken here but now I am curious.
MarkoH01: I just noticed that "Pirates Gold Plus" now also supports German language. Am I mistaken or is this a recent update? I am pretty sure that I looked it up maybe a few weeks ago and back then the gamecard said English only. As I say I may be mistaken here but now I am curious.
It's been available in German for a loooong time now :P