It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The refund-form page seems to be broken - it redirects me back to the orders page.
On the main page, I see two placeholders ("This Spot’s Empty... For Now."). The second used to be a gallery of current sales events and discounts.

edit:
The first placeholder was replaced by Amazon Luna games.
The second one with CD Project games.
The mentioned gallery of current sales events and discounts is still missing in action.

edit #2:
One day later, the gallery is back. Thanks!
Attachments:
Post edited July 18, 2024 by g2222
joveian:
And another "you left something in your cart" that I actually purchased, this time I just got the email today (July 19th) for a game I purchased on July 7th :/. Something is wrong with the notification system.
Not sure, how recently this is, but I just noticed, that the search function in my "ORDERS HISTORY" isn't working anymore.

It has always been a bit 'finicky', but now nothing shows up at all - no matter what I look for.

The "result" is alway the same: the "search loop" is spinning for way too long, and then it displays the message: "No results found".

Edit: attached a few screenshots of my attempt to find the game "Anodyne" in my "Orders History".
Attachments:
Post edited July 23, 2024 by BreOl72
BreOl72:
It sounds like there is a magic number of games after which it doesn't work so maybe you passed that number. For me, it does work if I wait without switching tabs, although it briefly displays "No results found" before displaying the results :/. If I do switch browser tabs while waiting for it to finish (since it can take a while) I just get "No results found".
BreOl72: Not sure, how recently this is, but I just noticed, that the search function in my "ORDERS HISTORY" isn't working anymore.

It has always been a bit 'finicky', but now nothing shows up at all - no matter what I look for.

The "result" is alway the same: the "search loop" is spinning for way too long, and then it displays the message: "No results found".

Edit: attached a few screenshots of my attempt to find the game "Anodyne" in my "Orders History".
Well, you know the last update on the matter...
BreOl72: Not sure, how recently this is, but I just noticed, that the search function in my "ORDERS HISTORY" isn't working anymore.

Cavalary: Well, you know the last update on the matter...
No, the latest one is this.
Positive the refund button is broken. It keeps looping back to the order & setting page when I ask for refund.
Cavalary: Well, you know the last update on the matter...
PaterAlf: No, the latest one is this.
Thanks for the correction, was looking further back, must have skipped right over that one.
joveian: It sounds like there is a magic number of games after which it doesn't work so maybe you passed that number.
Well, that would be a pretty odd number, and I can't imagine why that number in particular would result in this.

joveian: For me, it does work if I wait without switching tabs
If I do switch browser tabs while waiting for it to finish I just get "No results found".
I'm not switching tabs.
joveian: It sounds like there is a magic number of games after which it doesn't work so maybe you passed that number.
BreOl72: Well, that would be a pretty odd number, and I can't imagine why that number in particular would result in this.

joveian: For me, it does work if I wait without switching tabs
If I do switch browser tabs while waiting for it to finish I just get "No results found".
BreOl72: I'm not switching tabs.
I don't think it's just the numbers. I know some people with a library as big as mine and for them order history search and refund form still works. GOG knows what is causing the problem (but never explained what exactly it is), but they say it's part of a bigger problem and they can't or won't fix it without fixing those things too.
PaterAlf:
Thanks. I remember there has been a lot of discussion about this and I'm too tired to look it up and read it but just right to try it a bunch of times :/. It also fails for me quite a bit and I think the not switching away from the tab likely doesn't really matter it just happened to seem that way. Not sure if any of the rest of this will be useful at all.

I've found that for the best chance of success type what you want to search somewhere else and copy it then past into the search field and if it returns "no results found" then delete and paste again and repeat until it works (usually in four tries or fewer for me). In Firefox hit Ctrl-Shift-E before submitting a request to open the network monitor and watch how long timeouts take (you can leave it open while pasting and waiting; the network monitor tells you to reload but you don't need to do that; you can also deselect everything on the top row but XHR, though I'm not sure that makes much difference after the main page is loaded).

It seems almost all requests take over 15 seconds. Sometimes it takes over 30 seconds and sometime those succeed. I did get one that succeeded in just over 15 seconds as reported by Firefox (Duration column) but looking at the x-timer header (click on an entry in the network monitor to pop up info, click headers on that panel to the right and scroll down a ways) the part after VE is milliseconds that the request took and it was 14946 so just under 15 seconds.

The headers of successful requests report the server as nginx while the unsuccessful ones report varnish and a 503 response (they all go through varnish). Possibly connections are randomly closed after they have been open for a while and that might cause the failure?

If you type in the search field it can send a request for each character starting with the second (though not if you type quickly), but unfortunately it doesn't cache them if they succeed after you enter something else :(, so it is best to copy and paste and wait. It seems like it would be helpful if GOG could change the page to wait until you hit enter to search (add an icon to click too) until the underlying problem is fixed, that should at least reduce load on the system and hopefully increase the chance of success.
Post edited July 25, 2024 by joveian
My usual habit is to hit the End key to get down to the news. Last few days the size of the page varies quite a lot based on dynamic content that takes a while to load and the "end" of the page becomes somewhere in the middle (I'm not a web expert but some sites with loading content still stick the end to the bottom and it seems even this isn't happening, although even if it did it would be necessary to block the big "Explore out catalog" section to be able to see the news from the end of the page). Of course, now the news also isn't loading until last which is also annoying, ideally there would be a news page that didn't require loading the main page.
From the onset of the Fallout: London promotion (2024-07-25), whenever the front page is visited (whether or not I am logged in, even with completely-cleared browser cache and cookies), after approximately three seconds, a message (Ooops... something went wrong) replaces the usual content of the main page. I would speculate that this problem will be resolved after said publicity event is scheduled to end (on or after 2024-08-01).

I am partial to the classic Blast from the Past style; so, this it is no real loss, but, I believe that the issue is somewhat remarkable.
Attachments:
Palestine: From the onset of the Fallout: London promotion, whenever the front page is visited, after approximately three seconds, a message (Ooops... something went wrong]) replaces the usual content of the main page.
Can't confirm.
Not true for me.

Edit: tried to recreate the issue several times now.
After you click on the "Front page"- link, the front page shows up, then there is an "empty" page for the blink of an eye (seriously - if you blink at the right moment, you'll miss it), but then the page shows as it is expected.
Attachments:
Post edited July 28, 2024 by BreOl72