It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A_Future_Pilot: That literally made me bust out laughing lol!
I live for callback gags.
I really need to go back to where i left of analyzing and continue from there. However, I appreciate Yogsloth stepping in!

Also, I'm going to ask Lift a question to which I kinda don't expect a response but would appreciate one if it is appropriate.

@Lifthrasil: does this game have a negative utility role? If you choose not to answer I understand.
I'm just going to tread water until Yogs gets caught up if that's ok. That couple of days with zazak were quite something, I need a break. :P
SirPrimalform: I'm just going to tread water until Yogs gets caught up if that's ok. That couple of days with zazak were quite something, I need a break. :P
throws SirPrimalform a pool noodle in case he feels like resting once in a while.
"It's only 16 pages of reading and analyzing!"

Also, congrats to the next Poster, No. 800!
Mee!
Hey everybody! Sorry I was busy today and took a few hours to get here

What's happening

Am I mafia? I haven't read yet
yogsloth: Hey everybody! Sorry I was busy today and took a few hours to get here

What's happening

Am I mafia? I haven't read yet
Almost certainly, but who's keeping track?

Off to bed I go.
OK I just ISO'd lift's posts and read only them and I don't understand wtf is happening

So

welcome to GOG mafia
Lifthrasil: Carradice is dead. He was Clear Rivers, a teen possessed by Alexie Gradie, Neutral Haunter
(Modified Compulsive Visitor)
Lifthrasil: JoeSapphire is dead. He was Shorty Meeks, Town Vanilla.
Lifthrasil: gogtrial is dead. He was Carter Horton, a teen possessed by Alexa Gradie, Neutral Haunter
Lifthrasil: trentonlf is dead. He was Laurie Strode, Town Vanilla
OK, so for starters, Lift hasn't updated the player list post, which threw me off.

So... we have two neutral haunters, named Alexa and Alexie... but only one is actually dead, while the other is... possessing people? What the hell does any of that even mean? Oooof, ugh, pfeh, etc.

Anyway looks like a great start

Anybody want to volunteer some cliff's notes
ok no, they're both dead, I mis-read that

this 10-minute timer really is a killer

btw I've been to the real Stanley Hotel, it's much smaller than you'd think...

ok now ummm

gogtrial34987: Oops, how clumsy of me! It's almost as if I fulfilled my win condition... *giggles girlishly*

@town: As I ride off into the sunset to enjoy victory for me and my twin sis (sorry Joe! you'll always be my first sibling), know that our reads on D1 (where they didn't involve each other) were real. We'd have liked to help you win, but we figure there's only two scum in play, so you still stand a chance. Please ignore everything I've posted today; it was all designed solely to get me lynched; that was harder than I thought, particularly after ZFR beat my previous self-hammer attempt by a minute at #524 *shakes fist* - playing "caught scum" is even harder than playing plain "scum"!
I sadly don't have any shining insights into who the real scum are. Maybe re-examine why and where Cadaver was starting to talk about "dreams". I've had him as probable town; but that was awfully close to the mark, as that's what haunting does. And I didn't haunt him, but SPF... Me and my sis had daychat; do scum have it too...? (There's been a lot of chatter about daychat today; who all participated?)

@scum: If you still manage to lose despite all of the confusion caused by our play... well, I hope I'll have been partly to blame. These nice teenagers are great toys for playing with (though we've grown bored of them already), but hacking them to pieces gruesomely is just not very nice at all!
what

zazak09: Having a single jester in a game - Bullshit

Not informing players there is a jester - Even more bullshit

Having two jesters on the same team - Loads of bullshit

Having two jesters on the same team, with day chat, visitation powers, and permission to self vote - Mother of all bullshit

What the hell was Lift thinking, because there's absolutely zero chance this set-up is balanced.
what

Lifthrasil: -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suddenly everything goes quickly. The suspicion focuses on gogtrial until he suddenly shouts: "You're all so mean to me. I just wanted to play! And I miss my sister! I won't play with you anymore!" With that he jumps out of the window and runs out into the snow storm. And as expected soon after a new painting appears on the wall. A portrait of gogtrial and a little girl. But while you watch the portrait, the girl runs out of the picture and disappears into the wall. At the same time the girl in the Carradice portrait from last Night does the same. But the plaque below gogtrial's portrait reads:

gogtrial is dead. He was Carter Horton, a teen possessed by Alexa Gradie, Neutral Haunter

Just as you start to discuss what the hell just happened, the lights go out. It should not be time for Night yet, but apparently the Hotel decided otherwise. As quickly as you can you run to your rooms and lock yourselves in.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is now Night 2. Please cease posting!

If you feel the need to contact me to be subbed out, please do so via PM.
If you have Night Actions, please submit them at your earliest convenience.

Play will resume on Thursday evening.

zazak09: I'll stay in the game, but I wont contribute as much going forward. This revelation has killed most of my interest.
Lifthrasil: Thank you for staying in the game. We can discuss the balance in post-game. You will see that it wasn't as bad as you imagine it now.
THERE IS NO VOTE COUNT IN THIS POST OR ANY OTHER THAT I CAN FIND THAT INDICATES LYNCH

This is yet another over-egged pudding clusterfuck of a game isn't it

Did we really just waste the first two lynches on jesters?

Like, Town's only viable weapon - the lynch - was deliberately designed to be forfeit the first two days?

Whelp

Glad to see no matter where I am, it's on the pitifully underpowered team
yogsloth: snip
1st off, thank you very much for taking part!

MicroNotes:
carradice and gogtrial were a 3rd party with daychat which, due to an ill-worded VC, led them to realize they could act like jesters and still win. Lift grudgingly confirmed this to them and they jested their ways out on days 1 & 2. This is now D3.
Gogtrial said in T2 Twilight that he was actually scum-hunting on D1, and didn't begin to jest until D2.
Genny had to sub out due to IRL and was replaced by A_Future_Pilot, Zazak was using MU meta here, and it wasn't overly accepted by some.
GR's cat died during D1.

There was a weird Trent/Pooka/Carradice/Zazak/SPF dance on D1.

SirP and ZFR seem extremely aligned, and SirP warned me to not accept the other as town just because I thought the one was.

ZFR dared scum to NK him N1 as seen in
ZFR: I have a PR, scum mofos.

Did you hear that? I HAVE A PR!

You better NK me.
As a result I have begun to want to think he is scum, while I've been reading SirP as town.
Pooka has been articulate and present due to IRL not interfering.

GR has been awfully silent and catches up but rarely seems to scumhunt.
Trent was somewhat silent? Busy IRL.

Cadaver has had a lot of thoughts, some unusual (due to being a confused-newb), some good. Also, his mother-tongue is Russian(? At least non-english), so there has been a bit of a language barrier once or twice.

Zazak got fed up by the 2 jesters--despite them being accidental, 3 lurkers (trent, GR, and myself), and an unwillingness on our part to play meta. He had little patience for a new player, and especially took issue with SPF soft-claiming a PR that, supposedly, "if claimed would be useless."

Oh, and I want to know who El Coppo should investigate at night.
Microfish_1: snip
Thanks fish. I'll try not to lynch you with an increasingly hysterical and illogical case this time.

@GameRager - sorry about the cat, dude, I feel for you

I'm not saying who a cop should investigate obviously, I don't know squat

OK maybe I'll look closer into GR, he hasn't actually scummed yet, right?
Day 1
Lifthrasil: Final Vote Count

SirP 1 - Genocide (34)
zazak 3 - ZFR (207), Carradice (227), GR (262)
Carradice 7 - zazak (215), Pooka (231), Joe (273), trent (290), micro (298) Cadaver (301) gogtrial (310),
Genocide 1 - SirP (186)

Carradice has reached a majority and is lunched.
Everyone is voting
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Day 2
Lifthrasil: Official Vote Count

gogtrial 4 - AFP (462), ZFR (475), zazak (482), trent (503)
zazak 3 - SirP (369), Pooka (395), gogtrial (474)

Not voting: GR, Cadaver, Micro
It takes 6 to lunch and gogtrial takes the lead at L-2
Then we had GR (523) voting Gogtrial, ZFR unvoting Gogtrial in 524, a call out of it being L2 with a VT claim by Zazak in 557.
Posts 559 (ZFR) & 560(Gogtrial) were the final votes on Gogtrial.

Lifthrasil: OK. We do have a hammer, in case that wasn't noticed.

About the Jester thing: these roles weren't intended as Jesters. They were supposed to be more fun for everyone than that. I was just too careless with how I worded the win-condition, so that this, admittedly far too easy, way out was possible. I noticed that after the game started and I even talked about this with the two. But there was no way to amend that after the game was already running. Because changing a win condition while the game is running, now THAT would be bastard modding.

So yes, I screwed up. But the game design is quite robust (as it has to be with swingy neutral roles) so I am confident that it is still balanced. All remaining sides can still win.
yogsloth: snip
no worries :D It was fun trying to defend myself last time. Also, you enabled me to correctly see my 2nd-ever scumteam player in 5+ games, so, thank you?

AFAIK, GR has never scummed before? Neither have I. (I've claimed town this game in 374 & 610, in case you didn't know.)

Oh, and at the end of March Joe and SirP had birthdays.

PS: zazak drew comparisons to the last SH game where one player correctly spotted scum but alienated some of the other Lib players by his methods or at least caused them to be discounted if not ignored. I think he, and by extension you, are leaning town but am unsure.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cadaver747: snip
sorry, I was misquoting SirP/SPF's post 35
Genocide2099: Vote SirPrimalform

I don't like the way he looks.
SirPrimalform: It's the moustache isn't it?

I'll have you know that it's extremely real and not drawn on in paint!
ok well a quick glimpse of GR... is a lot of words... and maaaaybe it reads slightly different, but sounds like he's got a lot of IRL stuff (more than we all do, and we all do) so I didn't come away with a scum read

I think I will just need to react in real time

We're basically in an eight player game with two mafia max

inb4 2 neutral jesters + 3 mafia in a 14er, go suck it toooowwwwwuuuuun

So we have one mis-lynch to give, and an option to no-lynch and secure a clean LYLO

wow

I... think I'm gonna give it a rest for the night, come back in the morning, hopefully be able to actually read something

but

yeah

two jesters huh

and before anybody says crap to me, if your win condition involves being lynched and you're allowed to vote for yourself

yeah

that's amazing, so well done

see you guys tomorrow
EBWOP: Zazak's playstyle led to comparisons of another player's playstyle during the recent SH game, etc.