It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good Morning, United Kingdom!
Post edited December 22, 2015 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: Pirates! II, Sid Meier's / Lucius Wagner / United Kingdom
_Slaugh_:  
 
Santa Claus Discovered in United Kingdom
 
 
After several days and a lot of money spent on airline tickets, a private eye named Mrkgnao has finally found Santa Claus in London, United Kingdom. Trapped in a dungeon with all his reindeer, Santa Claus was in really bad shape ! He was drunk, tied up in a chair, gagged with duct tape and wearing a straitjacket.

His kidnapper, a devilish boy called Lucius Wagner, has been arrested by the local police. He's now facing charges of robbery, sleigh hijacking and kidnapping. When the officer asked him why he kidnapped Santa Claus, he replied: " I've never received a gift from Santa Claus ! I'm not a naughty boy... I'm a killer, but not a naughty boy ! "

The sequel of Sid Meier's Pirates! has been delivered. Unfortunately, GOG will not release the game because it's still in early access.
" Our Top Men are working hard to complete the game. Don't worry, the game will be released soon ! ", said the governor.
Awesome GA slaugh!. +1, Gratz to the winner!
Congrats mrkgnao :)
Well, I'm getting better at this game. Last time I won (with some help from a friend) on the first post after my last guess; this time I won on my very last guess.

But I remind everyone that I was:
In for the first person to correctly identify the logic used for ordering the 14 members listed in my story above

If acceptable by _Slaugh_, I will leave this open until the North American evening of the 24th (Christmas Eve). I anyhow cannot choose a prize before that time since I'm participating in the Secret Santa affair.

If someone figures it out by Christmas Eve, he or she gets the prize. If no one does, I will go halfsies with bler144 on the prize, as a thank you for his appearing in the story (hopefully he will not object).

Warning: If no one figures it out, I will not reveal the solution. Might come in handy in future games...

Thank you, _Slaugh_, for a a GREAT game!

Off to +1 all his posts (Thanks AF for making it super easy to find those in one swell foop).

P.S. Link to my story.

P.P.S. This phase will end when trentonlf sends out my Secret Santa gift on Christmas Eve (approximately 60 hours).
mrkgnao: Well, I'm getting better at this game. Last time I won (with some help from a friend) on the first post after my last guess; this time I won on my very last guess.
I'm not your friend, pal.

I'll take a guess, why not. They are somehow related to the body parts from each chapter of Ulysses.
mrkgnao: Well, I'm getting better at this game. Last time I won (with some help from a friend) on the first post after my last guess; this time I won on my very last guess.
ZFR: I'm not your friend, pal.

I'll take a guess, why not. They are somehow related to the body parts from each chapter of Ulysses.
Very nice guess, ntsc.
Incorrect, but that's the general concept, finding some "well-known" scheme that more or less fits.
Congrats to mrkgnao for finding the correct guess and thanks again Slaugh for hosting this giveaway! :-)
P.S. Fyi, I have absolutely no idea which is the connection between all these body parts, so I'm out in regards of solving that riddle...
Somehow I knew it'd come to this. Well, I did say I'd wanted to solve the riddle, but seeing as I'm now limited to guesses, I'd better lay low until some hints arrive.
zeogold: Somehow I knew it'd come to this. Well, I did say I'd wanted to solve the riddle, but seeing as I'm now limited to guesses, I'd better lay low until some hints arrive.
Fair enough.
Hint #1: You can figure it out by using the internet (Google, etc.).
zeogold: Somehow I knew it'd come to this. Well, I did say I'd wanted to solve the riddle, but seeing as I'm now limited to guesses, I'd better lay low until some hints arrive.
mrkgnao: Fair enough.
I'll be honest with you, I actually tried that for an hour or so after I deemed myself hopelessly stuck on your riddle (and trust me, this is something I VERY rarely do) because I feared it was some sort of reference to some story or song or pop culture reference or other I'd never known about, but I had no luck. you sure about that?
Post edited December 22, 2015 by zeogold
mrkgnao: Fair enough.
zeogold: I'll be honest with you, I actually tried that for an hour or so after I deemed myself hopelessly stuck on your riddle (and trust me, this is something I VERY rarely do) because I feared it was some sort of reference to some story or song or pop culture reference or other I'd never known about, but I had no luck. you sure about that?
I am sure. The question is, of course, what to search for...
And yes, it might very well be something you never heard about.
zeogold: I'll be honest with you, I actually tried that for an hour or so after I deemed myself hopelessly stuck on your riddle (and trust me, this is something I VERY rarely do) because I feared it was some sort of reference to some story or song or pop culture reference or other I'd never known about, but I had no luck. you sure about that?
mrkgnao: I am sure. The question is, of course, what to search for...
And yes, it might very well be something you never heard about.
Bah...after a collective 5 hours on this, one and a half of them searching everything from the novel Ulysses to cryptography schema, I think I'll just wait until another hint of some sort arrives.
bler144: I'm only up this late because I got caught up watching Broadchurch.
Moonbeam: Thought it was past your bedtime:)
Yeah. Man I'm getting old- was in bed around 1 but feeling it this a.m. :(

Get to sleep in a little bit tomorrow anyway.

ZFR: I'm happy to announce that Little Big Adventure made it to the final cut. Regardless who the winner will be, no one usurped my place on the top of the leaderboard.

Or did they? In the last 12 hours?
It looks like the final tally of players with 5 or more guesses on the board:

chev 6
phandom 7
drealmer 8
NoAG 8
Yez 8
helpo 10
LeoLR 11
zeog 12
park 14
moonbeam 15
bler 17
mrk 20
ZFR 23

and...eking out the victory at the end:
Austro 24
Congrats mrkgnao!
And thank you Slaugh for your giveaway.
Hint #2: I suddenly realised that some people might be offended by the solution, for which I truly apologise. If you believe there are some things that are not suitable material for artistic levity, you might want to forget about this thread.