It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finally, this is what I've been waiting for. I decided not to post any more guesses until the next set of hints.

Games eliminated:
I'm not sure, but I think Day of The Tentacle 2 and Sid Meier's Pirates! II, only reason I'm saying this is because they're the only games mentioned that have the names of the men created them at the top of the cover.

Villains eliminated:
- Agent 47
- Jon Irenicus
- Kane

Countries eliminated:
- United States :(
- Canada
- Cuba

Considering these were some of the most-guessed things, we're all basically right back where we started.

ObsCure 3 / Abigail Williams / Norway

And again the post button seems to be glitchy with me, so if you guys see reposts or weird edits, I'm not attempting to cheat.
Post edited December 19, 2015 by zeogold
zeogold: Games eliminated:
I'm not sure, but I think Day of The Tentacle 2 and Sid Meier's Pirates! II, only reason I'm saying this is because they're the only games mentioned that have the names of the men created them at the top of the cover.

Considering these were some of the most-guessed things, we're all basically right back where we started.
Yeah, but the hint is about the publisher, not the developer.

As for the latter, the pool actually shrinks quite a bit. Prior to hints was about 600 guesses left on a pool of 980.

Assuming even 1 game comes off with this hint it's about 300 open combos on a pool of 484. So options cut basically in half.
Forgot to make a guess.

Day of the Tentacle 2 / Mankar Camoran / Australia
zeogold: Finally, this is what I've been waiting for. I decided not to post any more guesses until the next set of hints.

Games eliminated:

Villains eliminated:
- Agent 47
- Jon Irenicus
- Kane

Countries eliminated:
- United States :(
- Canada
- Cuba

ObsCure 3 / Abigail Williams / Norway

And again the post button seems to be glitchy with me, so if you guys see reposts or weird edits, I'm not attempting to cheat.
I agree with the villains and countries eliminated but the game out is No One Lives Forever 3.
Edit: typo
Post edited December 19, 2015 by LeoLR
Now that the posting is working for me again, yeah, I didn't realize that GOG's people were known as the "Top Men". Makes more sense now. And when I said we're right back where we started, I meant in terms of the "leaderboard" of people who made the most valid guesses. The entire thing's probably overhauled now because of those villains/countries being out.
bler144: Yeah, but the hint is about the publisher, not the developer.
GOG always refers to their Top Men working on things:)

Sid Meier's Pirates! II / Sephiroth / Peru
zeogold: Now that the posting is working for me again, yeah, I didn't realize that GOG's people were known as the "Top Men". Makes more sense now. And when I said we're right back where we started, I meant in terms of the "leaderboard" of people who made the most valid guesses. The entire thing's probably overhauled now because of those villains/countries being out.
It is a running joke here on GOG. All the issues here are always handled by Top Menᵀᴹ to be solved Soonᵀᴹ.
And the important announcements begins with Good News!ᵀᴹ. :-)

I love you GOG!
Aya Brea reporting for duty, dressed for the occasion and armed with MaGog's randomiser.

Christmas is a special season for Aya, for it brings back memories --- memories of Eve. Eve, who had erupted upon an unsuspecting New York City in the winter of 1997, unleashing her mitochondria and raiding sperm banks in her quest to give birth to the Ultimate Santa.

But, as Breja so colourfully put it, enough of the past; there is a task at hand, to put an end to a new nightmare, for neverending nightmares will not do. Needless to say, Eve is once more at the root of it, having duped a pigeon to do her bid, to kidnap Santa for her to harvest his genes, splice them into plasmids and integrate them into bacilli, to form an unstoppable army of big-bellied, bearded, bonneted bacteria. Unless, of course, Aya stops her first.

Yet what of the sack? For, the fate of humanity aside, one must remember that a video game is at stake. Santa's sack --- Eve had dismissively discarded it to a dark corner of her lair, where no sun shines and no bat flaps and no more clues, without even dignifying its content with a cursory glance. And what a pity; for the sack was full of presents aplenty, one for each goglodyte, nicelings and naughtilings alike.

A jar of red chrain for _Slaugh_; an alarm clock for Elmofongo; an apple that has seen better days for BranjoHello; a box of antibiotics for helpo1; a "Touch Me" vinyl in mint condition for XYCat; the 3D game that's not in the sack for seikus... And the list goes on.

But Aya is growing listless. She can no longer just sit around, twiddling her thumbs, and blindly guessing the names of planetariumless villains and wood-and-waterless countries. No, she must do something about it. She must uncover clues, follow them, and find Eve,

Come to think of it, _Slaugh_ seems to know quite a bit about the matter. And he's taking his pretty time revealing new clues, not to say actively dragging his feet. Is he in fact trying to delay us? Is he in fact colluding with Eve, buying her time enough to clone Santa's genes? Aya will soon find out; she will track _Slaugh_ down and make him spill the beans.

Using her faithful purveyor of useful information and cat pictures, Aya found out that:
1) The Slaugh family name was most common in the 1920's in Utah and Pennsylvania
2) Utah is famous for its Mormons and Pennsylvania is famous for its Amish
3) Mennonites are often confused with Amish and Mormons
4) Aya is not easily confused (P NSFW DOWYW)
5) The obvious logical conclusion of these four propositions is that _Slaugh_ lives in Canada

But where in Canada? For Canada is a large place, I think, possibly even larger than Dryfield, Nevada, though probably not as hot. Further investigation revealed that:
1) _Slaugh_ often refers to a place called GOG Manor
2) This clearly means he lives in Manor, Saskatchewan, Canada, which is where Aya is now headed.

The first thing Aya saw when she reached Manor, Saskatchewan was this sign. Then it hit her! She'd been looking at it all wrong! The vowels are reversed! _Slaugh_ is not a Slaugh, he's a Sluagh!

And if you're still unconvinced that the host of this giveaway is a sluagh, all you have to do is open Katharine Briggs' "An Encyclopedia of Fairies", page 225 to read "Host, the. See Sluagh".

But what is a sluagh? According to Alexander Carmichael's "Carmina Gadelica" (vol. II, p. 357), quoted by Briggs in her Encyclopedia (see above): "Sluagh , 'the host'... are the spirits of mortals who have died... the spirits fly about in great clouds, up and down the face of the world like the starlings", to which Briggs adds: "They are the most formidable of the Highland fairy people". To any discerning eye, this description is obviously a pre-scientific rationalisation of what modern science would simply refer to as "flocking bird-like neo-mitochondrial creatures ()". If you don't know what NMCs look like, here is a [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNL8b6Sm3SE]short video; if you don't know what birds look like, here are some pictures.

Now, however, as in all good RPGs, Aya is faced with a moral dilemma (translation: she needs to choose between two options in a dialogue box). She could either stand her ground and fight the sluagh, or she could rush to save the bler, who is in dire need of medical assistance. If she fights the sluagh, the bler may die; if she saves the bler, the sluagh will surely flee and pose a dire threat to Santa and the world. What should Aya do? Please vote here in the next NaN hours.

The people have chosen, by a clear majority (10:4), to save the bler. Vox populi vox dei (which is Latin for "Ten-four, people"). Mind you, these are the same busy ("Ten-six") people who after almost 1,000 guesses are still unable to determine three measly pieces of information. Still, ten codes aside, Aya dutifully rushed to the bler's aid, put a band-aid on his owie, and all was well.

But meanwhile, the sluagh craned its neck out of its nest, saw its shadow, and chucklingly thought to itself: "six more weeks of guessing". Then it unfurled its wings and flew off, muttering to itself: "I know, I know".

Deprived of her much anticipated confrontation and clueless as to how to progress, there was only one thing left that Aya could do to possibly still save Santa and the world: take another shower! (P NSFW DOWYW)

You're probably wondering how a shower could save Santa. You are not alone.

When Aya stepped into the shower, she found there Santa's belly, all slashed and ready to rub. Alarmed, she retreated into the kitchen, only to find there Santa's fingers, all broken and ready to eat.

Reenacting the Osiris myth, Eve had evidently dismembered Santa and dispersed his organs throughout the world (or at least throughout Aya's apartment). As Isis before her, Aya will now have to find all fourteen members of Santa's body and reconstruct him in order to bring him back to life.

Santa's members:
1) Santa's belly (in Aya's shower)
2) Santa's fingers (in Aya's kitchen)
3) Santa's legs (down Aya's chimney)
4) Santa's chest (across Aya's window)
5) Santa's rained ears (in Aya's gutters)
6) Santa's face (on Aya's computer)
7) Santa's feet (in Aya's sock drawer)
8) Santa's hands (on Aya's rack)

Guess #96:
Day of the Tentacle 2 / Sephiroth / Australia

In for GR00T
Again, please, take a look at this to see if it's correct. :)
_Slaugh_: Current clues

Game

▪ It's not a stereoscopic video game.
-------> SWAT 5
▪ The game is not published by Sierra Entertainment.
-------> Evil Genius 2
▪ uPlay is not required to play this game.
-------> Beyond Good & Evil 2
▪ It's possible to play without the Steam Client.
-------> Half Life 3; Portal 3
▪ Something appears eight times in <span class="bold">this video</span> and is not part of the game.
-------> The Witcher 4: Rise of the Unicorns
▪ You won't find a PEGI label on the box.
-------> ObsCure 3
 ▪  The game is not published by the Top Men ᵀᴹ
-------> No One Lives Forever 3

Villain

▪ James Gordon reports that no villain has left the city.
-------> Harley Quinn; Poison Ivy; The Joker
▪ The villain is not the owner of a planetarium in Hillwood.
-------> Carlo Falcone
▪ Lara Croft has never met the kidnapper.
-------> Amanda Evert; Jacqueline Natla
▪ The kidnapper is not affiliated with the Umbrella Corporation and has never met Dalton Fiske.
-------> Albert Wesker; Big Jim Slade
▪ The villain is not wearing a hat.
-------> Jack the Ripper; LeChuck
▪ Nothing is covering the kidnapper's mouth.
-------> Darth Malak; Mileena; Scorpion
▪ The villain is not wearing an eyepatch.
-------> Dimitrij Volkov; Marquis Montalban; Sagat
 ▪  The kidnapper is not bald.
-------> Agent 47; Jon Irenicus; Kane

Country

▪ No sun appears on the country's flag.
-------> Japan; Philippines; Uruguay
▪ It's not the land of wood and water.
-------> Jamaica
▪ No yellow star appears on the country's flag.
-------> China; Vietnam
▪ The country's flag is not blue and white only.
-------> Finland; Greece
▪ The red color appears on the country's flag.
-------> Brazil; Ireland; Sweden
▪ You won't find the national coat of arms on the country's flag.
-------> Egypt; Portugal; Spain (Switzerland?)
▪ The country's flag is not black, yellow and red.
-------> Belgium; Germany
 ▪  It's not in North America.
-------> Canada; Cuba; United States

---

Remaining possibilities

Games:

▪ Day of the Tentacle 2
▪ Little Big Adventure 3
▪ Sid Meier's Pirates! II
▪ System Shock 3

Villains:

▪ Abigail Williams
▪ Alma Wade
▪ Astrid Voorhees
▪ Challus Mercer
▪ Elexis Sinclaire
▪ Kagan
▪ Lucius Wagner
▪ Mankar Camoran
▪ Sephiroth
▪ Tanya
▪ Vaas Montenegro

Countries:

▪ Australia
▪ Denmark
▪ France
▪ Italy
▪ Norway
▪ Peru
▪ Russia
▪ South Korea
▪ (Switzerland?)
▪ Turkey
▪ United Kingdom
Day of the Tentacle 2 / Abigail Williams / South Korea
In for Moonbeam.

Guess #109: System Shock 3 / Vaas Montenegro / Australia.
mrkgnao:
Cheers! Back at you :) The first Parasite Eve was truly a sweet game.

In for mrkgnao

Little Big Adventure 3 / Challus Mercer / Denmark
I could have told you that Agent 47 is not a villain from the very beginning. But would anyone listen to me... ?
helpo1: Again, please, take a look at this to see if it's correct. :)
The only thing slightly debatable is Cuba being in Central America rather than North, but Wikipedia and most other sources have North America include the Caribbean and all countries down to and including Panama. So I'd say what you wrote is good.

My guess:

System Shock 3 / Sephiroth / France

Good night.
Post edited December 20, 2015 by ZFR
ZFR: I could have told you that Agent 47 is not a villain from the very beginning. But would anyone listen to me... ?
Me. I never thought it was him. :P

ZFR: The only thing slightly debatable is Cuba being in Central America rather than North, but Wikipedia and most other sources have North America include the Caribbean and all countries down to and including Panama. So I'd say what you wrote is good.
Yup. The hint says "North America", not "Northern America".

Good night. :)
Post edited December 20, 2015 by helpo1
Little Big Adventure 3 / Vaas Montenegro / Russia