It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New Piñatas • New Deals • Last Chances

The final 72 hours of Piñata Madness are here, and the mystery-sale bonanza grows bigger – today brings exciting new Piñatas and hot new offers!

If you haven't tried your luck yet, now's the time with new additions to the pool. These include: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition 1 & 2, SWAT 4, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, NEO Scavenger, Wasteland 2, This War of Mine.
Plus all things Homeworld with Homeworld 1 & 2 Remastered, Deserts of Kharak, as well as the long-gone expansion – Homeworld: Emergence.

If you're not the type to smash Piñatas, there are new great games on sale right now so make sure to give it a browse – and while you're here, check out the Carmageddon 20th Anniversary Sale at 75% off!

--Original announcement--
Piñata Madness is back – meaning excitement, mystery, and exceptional deals on some of our favorite hand-picked titles.

What is Piñata Madness?
For $3, you can buy and smash your own digital Piñata, each holding one of 100+ mystery games worth anywhere from $5.99 all the way up to $44.99.
Visit your <span class="bold">Pinata hub</span>, where can buy, open, and see everything Piñata Madness!
Just like real-life Piñatas, they'll bring you joy, surprise, and reward. Unlike real-life Piñatas, ours drop really good games instead of candy – games like Pillars of Eternity, Shadow Warrior 2, Heroes of Might and Magic, Victor Vran, and more!
It's a great way to broaden your horizons and try out games you otherwise wouldn't, knowing you're always getting a deal that's worth it. And if you already own every game included in our Piñatas, each game you drop will be a giftable code so you share the joy with your friends.

Weekly Megasale
If you'd rather know exactly you're getting, check out the Weekly Megasale featuring great deals up to -90% on some of our favorite titles including Darkest Dungeon, Shadowrun: Hong Kong, Heroes of Might and Magic III, and more!

The Piñata Madness and Weekly Megasale last until August 21, 2017, 9:59 PM UTC.
I guess there is still something wrong with the pinata system.
There are 3 games that I really wanted (they have a higher price), so I gave the pinatas a try:

Yesterday I bought 10 pinatas -> 9 new games but I got Armikrog 2 times :S

Today I bought another 10 -> 0 new games T_T
- Imperium Galactica (already got yesterday)
- Skyshine's Bedlam Deluxe (already got yesterday)
- 2x Seven Kingdoms 2 HD (already in my library)
- 2x Aliens VS Predator Classic (already in my library)
- Anno 1602 (already in my library)
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (already in my library)
- Spellforce 2 AE (already in my library)
- Saints Row 3 (already in my library)

Shouldn't I only get games I don't have?

From the FAQ!
Can I get duplicates of games I already own?
Short answer: No duplicates! You'll only get games you don't already own.

Long answer: No duplicates, unless you already own every single game available in the Piñata pool at the time of your purchase. If you already have all the games, you'll be notified before checking out and your mystery game will be converted into a giftable copy – this code will never expire.

I guess I will contact the support to see what they can do.
Post edited August 15, 2017 by Chri83
Chri83: I guess there is still something wrong with the pinata system.
There are 3 games that I really wanted (they have a higher price), so I gave the pinatas a try:

Yesterday I bought 10 pinatas -> 9 new games but I got Armikrog 2 times :S

Today I bought another 10 -> 0 new games T_T
- Imperium Galactica (already got yesterday)
- Skyshine's Bedlam Deluxe (already got yesterday)
- 2x Seven Kingdoms 2 HD
- 2x Aliens VS Predator Classic
- Anno 1602 (already in my library)
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (already in my library)
- Spellforce 2 AE (already in my library)
- Saints Row 3 (already in my library)

Shouldn't I only get games I don't have?

From the FAQ!
Can I get duplicates of games I already own?
Short answer: No duplicates! You'll only get games you don't already own.

Long answer: No duplicates, unless you already own every single game available in the Piñata pool at the time of your purchase. If you already have all the games, you'll be notified before checking out and your mystery game will be converted into a giftable copy – this code will never expire.

I guess I will contact the support to see what they can do.
Tough luck,anyway i see you have spellforce 2 ae, i am kinda interested in it.If you trade it or give it away is your decision.
Chri83: I guess I will contact the support to see what they can do.
They usually will refund but ya it's still annoying bc while we all understand the "gamble" in getting a random game out of the pool it's kinda displeasing as if in my case (and i guess in yours as well) while owning only about 30% of the games from the games in the Pinata Tracking Thread i got the same like you and a 10/10 duplicate order . Seems like right now the "active" pool is really really limited which makes gambling for a nice surprise game more a refund hassle than an actual fun experience ^^.
Gearmos: I don't like this kind of gamble, I prefer to pay more for a game I intend to play (in the next future). But thanks for the pomo.
Besides, you actually don't pay (much) less with a pinata, there are a lot of 3€ games you get with those.

It's basically buying a random game on sale, useless.
RadonGOG: Can still not buy a pinata over galaxy 1.2.18...
What's the issue? Have you checked your cart?
Post edited August 15, 2017 by Zoidberg
Gearmos: I don't like this kind of gamble, I prefer to pay more for a game I intend to play (in the next future). But thanks for the pomo.
Zoidberg: Besides, you actually don't pay (much) less with a pinata, there are a lot of 3€ games you get with those.

It's basically buying a random game on sale, useless.
RadonGOG: Can still not buy a pinata over galaxy 1.2.18...
Zoidberg: What's the issue? Have you checked your cart?
Yes, they are plopping in and falling out again.
0 → 1 → 0. Or, if clicking fast, 0 → 1 → 2 → 0.
Edit: Even more stupid, they appeared correctly after I´ve added them in browser. But adding new ones, nope, same pattern.
Post edited August 15, 2017 by RadonGOG
So we're gambling now?
Fonzer: Tough luck,anyway i see you have spellforce 2 ae, i am kinda interested in it.If you trade it or give it away is your decision.
I thought about trading, but nobody would trade me the games I want (for example Pillars of Eternity Hero Edition, RIME or Strafe) because I only have cheap price games.

Because of that I just opened a support ticket to get a refund.
If they won't refund me the money, I will come back to you.
Post edited August 15, 2017 by Chri83
Fonzer: Tough luck,anyway i see you have spellforce 2 ae, i am kinda interested in it.If you trade it or give it away is your decision.
Chri83: I thought about trading, but nobody would trade me the games I want (for example Pillars of Eternity Hero Edition, RIME or Strafe) because I only have cheap price games.

If they won't refund me the mony, I will come back to you.
Okay, i only have saints row 2 to trade since this is the only code that doesn't have an expiring date.
But maybe you already have that.
Btw if you will give or trade for it,remember to change your chat option to all.
One old anno game. Pfft.
Chri83: I thought about trading, but nobody would trade me the games I want (for example Pillars of Eternity Hero Edition, RIME or Strafe) because I only have cheap price games.

But… it's a random game.

You have bought a random game, and you got a random game.

How can you expect to get a refund after you have seen which the content of the random box was?
"Time Commando" *sigh*
high rated
Hey all, just wanted to drop by in this thread to address some of the issues you are experiencing, and let you know we're not leaving you alone with them!

As of right now, there should be no issues with Piñatas not showing in the Piñata Hub if your order went through. If you still don't see any Piñatas in the hub, please reach out to our support.

If you received duplicates of games while there are still games you don't own in the pool, please reach out to our support, we will refund the duplicates for you.

As for getting games in the Piñatas that are cheaper on the current sale - this is an issue mainly with local prices, and we're sorry for that. I don't have a solution for this right now, but I just wanted to let you know we'll deal with it so everyone who was affected by this should be content. Will definitely get back on this subject in the next days when we're back in the office.

If a game you found in the Piñata doesn't work for you, and we cannot fix it for you, you're eligible for our 30 days Money Back Guarantee, so feel free to contact our support.

Also, thank you for all your feedback regarding the mechanics, i.e. offering gift codes instead of allocating game to you library or being able to choose OS for the games you want in Piñatas. We'll discuss these options for next Piñatas.

Hope that covers most of the topics in this thread. If there's anything else you'd like to ask about Piñatas, just let me know!
AngryAlien: The point is not that I might get a game I don't like that much or from a genre I am not that into, although when you never get something you actually like or at least want to try out, this does kind of suck. The point is that it is more than annoying when I get two games that cost as much as the pinada, which makes the whole thing kind of pointless and that one of the games I've got is a broken mess.
This is why you should never ever gamble.

The house (in this case GOG.com) always wins.

Lohoris: But… it's a random game.

You have bought a random game, and you got a random game.

How can you expect to get a refund after you have seen which the content of the random box was?
A random game is absolutely fine, but the FAQ says that you cannot get a game you already own!
From today's 10 pinatas I got 10 duplicate games, so this is not okay!
My first experience buying a game on GoG is the Pinata sale. Bought 3 Pinata's after reading the FAQ's and opened them. Fine it stated in the FAQ that games were between $5.99 and $44.99 sounded awesome a great deal....

I received the following 3 games:

Shadow Warrior (2013) on sale $3.99
Time Commando on sale at $2.99
Little big adventure 2 on sale at $2.99

Now i feel just a bit cheated that SALE items less than the value of the Pinata were added to the Pinata game pool, yes their BASE Price is over $5.99 but let's have some reasonability to the whole thing.

Now to see what type of amazing response we will get from GoG that will see me being a continuing customer.