It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New Piñatas • New Deals • Last Chances

The final 72 hours of Piñata Madness are here, and the mystery-sale bonanza grows bigger – today brings exciting new Piñatas and hot new offers!

If you haven't tried your luck yet, now's the time with new additions to the pool. These include: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition 1 & 2, SWAT 4, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, NEO Scavenger, Wasteland 2, This War of Mine.
Plus all things Homeworld with Homeworld 1 & 2 Remastered, Deserts of Kharak, as well as the long-gone expansion – Homeworld: Emergence.

If you're not the type to smash Piñatas, there are new great games on sale right now so make sure to give it a browse – and while you're here, check out the Carmageddon 20th Anniversary Sale at 75% off!

--Original announcement--
Piñata Madness is back – meaning excitement, mystery, and exceptional deals on some of our favorite hand-picked titles.

What is Piñata Madness?
For $3, you can buy and smash your own digital Piñata, each holding one of 100+ mystery games worth anywhere from $5.99 all the way up to $44.99.
Visit your <span class="bold">Pinata hub</span>, where can buy, open, and see everything Piñata Madness!
Just like real-life Piñatas, they'll bring you joy, surprise, and reward. Unlike real-life Piñatas, ours drop really good games instead of candy – games like Pillars of Eternity, Shadow Warrior 2, Heroes of Might and Magic, Victor Vran, and more!
It's a great way to broaden your horizons and try out games you otherwise wouldn't, knowing you're always getting a deal that's worth it. And if you already own every game included in our Piñatas, each game you drop will be a giftable code so you share the joy with your friends.

Weekly Megasale
If you'd rather know exactly you're getting, check out the Weekly Megasale featuring great deals up to -90% on some of our favorite titles including Darkest Dungeon, Shadowrun: Hong Kong, Heroes of Might and Magic III, and more!

The Piñata Madness and Weekly Megasale last until August 21, 2017, 9:59 PM UTC.
Sigh, I know it's my own fault, I should have known better.

Bought two, because I have seen people getting games like Tyranny, which I would really love to get or at least games I would not mind to try, but... I usually get something I already own on Steam or something I will not even install. Like, in this case, The Gulld 2 and Armikrog, which utterly suck if you ask me.

Anyway, thanks for Deadlight! :)
Bought a few piñatas, they don't appear on my mobile device as well.
However, I'm on holiday and won't be able to get them another way. Hopefully this will be fixed.
Free games are always much appreciated so thanks for Deadlight. :D
high rated
I"m also not a gambler, so no pinatas for me and I'm not interested in Deadlight either. Might have taken a copy to use as a gift/swap code later, but gog's codes expire after hardly any time at all these days, so no go.

kohlrak: I know this is a happy occasion and all, but we really need to take the time to address the elephant in the room with the pinata glitch. One of the browsers was mentioned to be GOG Galaxy? Wait, so, when you were testing it preparing for release, you didn't even consider testing it on your own product? Does that not mean that you also do not use the product you're trying to push on everyone? Why is inclusive installers selected by default with accounts? What if the whole point of using gog is not being forced to download DRM clients like that? We really need to have this discussion to ask why in the world it's being forced down our throats.
I recently experienced a double hard drive crash, and so I lost a lot of my downloaded gog games. Now when I look at redownloading them, I see so many where the installer simply says "This download comes with Galaxy" (thanks for the warning at least), but I wonder how long I'm going to have to wait for the ones that do not have Galaxy included, so that I can recover the games that are currently lost even after paying gog good money for byuing games from them DRM-free, as they claimed it to be.
ErnestLemingway: Free stuff is always welcome. But...

If I get it right, game won in Pinata are in "clear" version, so no DLCs nor other additional stuff is included?
IFW: Whatever is included with the base version - depends on the game, most of them only have a base release, so...
Ok,, got it.

I wish it could be "random game from chosen genre". $3 isn't a fortune, but paying for game of genre you don't like and won't play isn't a deal.
Anyone else feel that the games from the piñata should have a gift option or at least a "Do Not Want" option? Library clutter can be worse than flushing $15, my steam library is a testament to that.

Edit: And I agree with the guy above about at least having a genre option. 4 of the games are rts, my least favorite genre
Post edited August 14, 2017 by Daminite
Not a sale for me, but I do hope others enjoy it.

musteriuz: experienced a double hard drive crash, and so I lost a lot of my downloaded gog games. Now when I look at redownloading them, I see so many where the installer simply says "This download comes with Galaxy" (thanks for the warning at least), but I wonder how long I'm going to have to wait for the ones that do not have Galaxy included, so that I can recover the games that are currently lost even after paying gog good money for byuing games from them DRM-free, as they claimed it to be.
The Galaxy-free installers should be available under the MORE tab. I think. They're there somewhere, just gotta make an extra click or two.
I'll take that free game, so thanks for that, but I'll sit out this game gambling once again.
high rated
musteriuz: I"m also not a gambler, so no pinatas for me and I'm not interested in Deadlight either. Might have taken a copy to use as a gift/swap code later, but gog's codes expire after hardly any time at all these days, so no go.

kohlrak: I know this is a happy occasion and all, but we really need to take the time to address the elephant in the room with the pinata glitch. One of the browsers was mentioned to be GOG Galaxy? Wait, so, when you were testing it preparing for release, you didn't even consider testing it on your own product? Does that not mean that you also do not use the product you're trying to push on everyone? Why is inclusive installers selected by default with accounts? What if the whole point of using gog is not being forced to download DRM clients like that? We really need to have this discussion to ask why in the world it's being forced down our throats.
musteriuz: I recently experienced a double hard drive crash, and so I lost a lot of my downloaded gog games. Now when I look at redownloading them, I see so many where the installer simply says "This download comes with Galaxy" (thanks for the warning at least), but I wonder how long I'm going to have to wait for the ones that do not have Galaxy included, so that I can recover the games that are currently lost even after paying gog good money for byuing games from them DRM-free, as they claimed it to be.
They're there, you just have to hit the menu button for them. I thought at one point it was being outright forced on us, too, but they're just being downright underhanded in getting you to download it, like those toolbars that come with some installers on other websites: everyone just clicks through without reading. What kills me more is, they aren't even using the product themselves in the offices, else they would've caught the issue during the testing phases before deciding to go through with the sale. They goofed big-league. They're basically implying they don't even use a product they're trying to forcibly make us swallow.
Daminite: Anyone else feel that the games from the piñata should have a gift option or at least a "Do Not Want" option? Library clutter can be worse than flushing $15, my steam library is a testament to that.
In your Library, you can Hide the games from the pull-down menu that appears before you click the title to open its page. On the website anyway. Not sure how it works in Galaxy
high rated
So does the pinata system care about what OS I run?

At this point I'm pretty much done buying games that do not run natively on my system.

I wouldn't like to gamble my money away on what's likely a bunch of windows games..

EDIT: Pinata tracker thread tells that no, the system does not care about your OS.

I'm not going to flush any money down the toilet..
Post edited August 14, 2017 by clarry
Daminite: Anyone else feel that the games from the piñata should have a gift option or at least a "Do Not Want" option? Library clutter can be worse than flushing $15, my steam library is a testament to that.
That's what i use "hide" for. I buy a game, download to my private cloud using wget, then install games as needed. Updated games appear under updates, and i can manage things my own way. If it's not hidden, i didn't download to server, yet.
Oh hey, I found missing title in previous sale (still ongoing) for war strategies - World in Conflict. No clue why it shows up now and not in wargames sale but no matter, already grabbed and got blast so strong I pull out my old googles.
I totally agree. I've got The Guild 2 and Armikrog. I am so completely not interested in playing them, I will never even install those two. Not only that, Armikrog is not only a bad game, but a buggy mess.

And of course there is the risk of already owning what you get on Steam.

So I think it would have been nice to have a DO YOU WANT TO KEEP OR GIT THIS GAME? option, whenever you open you pinata. This way you might still be sad when you get such crap, but at least you could give those games to someone who might appreciate them.
HereForTheBeer: In your Library, you can Hide the games from the pull-down menu that appears before you click the title to open its page. On the website anyway. Not sure how it works in Galaxy
It's pretty much the same thing in Galaxy.