It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Charon121: Bioshock. The game is basically the definition of overrated. I can't wrap my head around how clever people can believe that Bioshock introduced innovative moral choices when it's a very simplistic binary choice that's worse than what we had in RPGs many years before that.
Oh yeah I completely agree. Even though I bought all the merchandise, replayed it 44 times, wrote 8 different fanfictions, spend the weekends defending it in anti-bioshock forums, and make animal sacrifices on my own Bioshock alter, I am sick and tired of all the praise it gets! Really, if these people would just convince themselves that their personal opinion is incorrect and just leave all the Bioshock liking to me, we can stop major issues in the world such as Bioshock being over-preferred. ;)
Smack-Gror'n-with-an-auroch-tibia. It was mostly fun to the Bwargn because Gror'n was Fgruuh's mother, but not only it got repetitive fast, it was also already outdated when got popular - as the Waan'r had launched Stab-Gnulg-with-a-pointy-rock half a week ago, which simply didn't get the same success due to the flint requirements. And of course, when the Bwargn released Stab-Gror'n-with-pointy-rock (like, four months later), it became the rage all through the Turr valley. It wasn't even that pointy either.
bad_fur_day1: And there's Deus Ex.

Metal Gear Solid!

How bout I just list every acclaimed videogame ever and get it over with.

Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Gears of War, God of War, Halo, Half Life, Portal, Doom, Super Mario Bros. Sonic the Hedgehog (Now c'mon, tell me that isn't overrated!) ICO, Shadow of the Collosus, The Sims, Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Might and Magic, Dungeons and Dragons, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Hitman, No One Lives Forever, Farcry, Crysis, Total War, Arma, Operation Flashpoint, Startopia, Psychonauts, Monkey Island, Xcom...

Am I missing anything?

Oh, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Civilization, Pirates! (Because who doesn't hate that!) Dead Rising, Dead Island, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Knights of the Old Republic (Everyone knows that stinks) Ninja Gaiden, Ratchet and Clank OVERRATED!
screw it, just list every game any living creature expressed happiness towards ever. There. now all the worlds problems are solved.
- Monopoly
- Far Cry
- Dungeons Of Dredmor
- Mafia
- Portal
- Saints Row 2
- Saints Row 3
Post edited August 11, 2015 by monkeydelarge
tinyE: Because of the game itself or the DRM?
blotunga: I like Saint's Row more than the GTA games.
Saints Row is more overrated.

I played Saints Row 3, Bought all the essential DLC for that game (Weapons, Vehicles, Missions) but after awhile I just realize how shallow this game is. The combat is boring because your character is OP. Gunplay does not have any meat in them. Radio music sucks. City is boring looking. Missions feel too easy.

Story and Characters were bland. I was more invested in GTA 4 than this.
bad_fur_day1: GTAV - Highly polished, huge world, dynamic character animation, fun diverse missions, awesome soundtrack, car mods, interesting story, physics, lip sync, motion capture, hundreds of actors, television, internet, cars, bikes, boats, planes, tanks, created by one of the most respected developers ever with perfect scores from every reviewer ever. OVERRATED!

Please tell me how you would make GTAV better. Removing all the theft of auto's? It can just be called Grand. You just stand there not doing anything.
It was out on consoles years ago yet touted as brand new in 2015. Also it takes itself way too serious (compared to the light-hearthed fun of Saints Row IV). Mostly focused on multiplayer stuff, Even during the summer sale the only "discount" was some ingame money added to the purchase.
Charon121: Bioshock. The game is basically the definition of overrated. I can't wrap my head around how clever people can believe that Bioshock introduced innovative moral choices when it's a very simplistic binary choice that's worse than what we had in RPGs many years before that.
Gengar78: Oh yeah I completely agree. Even though I bought all the merchandise, replayed it 44 times, wrote 8 different fanfictions, spend the weekends defending it in anti-bioshock forums, and make animal sacrifices on my own Bioshock alter, I am sick and tired of all the praise it gets! Really, if these people would just convince themselves that their personal opinion is incorrect and just leave all the Bioshock liking to me, we can stop major issues in the world such as Bioshock being over-preferred. ;)
How have you managed to play it 44 times. Each area looks exactly the same as the previous. There are only 5 types of enemy, and the choices consist of consume or save the little girl. On my only play through i got so bored I was willing it to end Lon before the actual end. How did you make it through 44 times!
blotunga: I like Saint's Row more than the GTA games.
Elmofongo: Saints Row is more overrated.

I played Saints Row 3, Bought all the essential DLC for that game (Weapons, Vehicles, Missions) but after awhile I just realize how shallow this game is. The combat is boring because your character is OP. Gunplay does not have any meat in them. Radio music sucks. City is boring looking. Missions feel too easy.

Thanks for reminding me of Saints Row 2 and Saints Row 3. Two of the most overrated games out there.
Deus Ex, Baldur's Gate and Final Fantasy 7 without a doubt. But there is so much to name. I mean if they do something different and new it shouldn't be in there for example Metal Gear Solid. But when they're doing the same old stuff with a new name and it gets praised well.. hmm.

monkeydelarge: Thanks for reminding me of Saints Row 2 and Saints Row 3. Two of the most overrated games out there.
I have not played Saints Row 2 yet, I own the game on PS3 right now. Too bad Framerate can get low :P
I play co-op Saint's Row IV with my brother most weeks.

His ghoul-faced, 1950's-bun-wearing President of the USA flies a jet that is an eagle which screams as it vomits rockets into enemies and shoots lasers from its eyes. When he gets out, he switches between a gatling gun that shoots infinite knives, and a nuclear fireball from his fists.

My robot dinosaur President of the USA uses a dubsteb gun that causes anyone in a large radius to stop and jerkily dance until the bass drops and they explode.

Your opinion is invalid.
ZFR: Somebody has to say it:
Deus Ex, Sacrifice, Nox
I hear Licurg is looking for you :o)
Gengar78: Oh yeah I completely agree. Even though I bought all the merchandise, replayed it 44 times, wrote 8 different fanfictions, spend the weekends defending it in anti-bioshock forums, and make animal sacrifices on my own Bioshock alter, I am sick and tired of all the praise it gets! Really, if these people would just convince themselves that their personal opinion is incorrect and just leave all the Bioshock liking to me, we can stop major issues in the world such as Bioshock being over-preferred. ;)
nightcraw1er.488: How have you managed to play it 44 times. Each area looks exactly the same as the previous. There are only 5 types of enemy, and the choices consist of consume or save the little girl. On my only play through i got so bored I was willing it to end Lon before the actual end. How did you make it through 44 times!
So out of all the things I mentioned, that's what got on your nerves the most... ok

P.S. make that 45 times now
Alright how about I throw in one that no one will disagree with unless there are kids here that swear by it. ;)

<span class="bold">MINECRAFT</span>
Post edited August 11, 2015 by stg83
ZFR: Somebody has to say it:
Deus Ex, Sacrifice, Nox
You forgot Shrek the Third for GBA