It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The thrilling survival horror dylogy devised by the legendary creator Shinji Mikami arrives DRM-free on GOG.COM. The Evil Within and The Evil Within 2 are both available with 75% discounts until 23rd April, 1 PM UTC.

Scares do not end there! Also, until 23rd April, 1 PM UTC, you can buy discounted DLCs for the first part of this cult horror series, as well as the special bundle which contains The Evil Within game and all its DLCs. On top of that, be sure to read our editorial about Shinji Mikami and his journey into the horror genre.
Post edited April 16, 2020 by emter_pl
SLP2000: But they are being sold on Steam
So are a lot of games. Doesn't mean they get to be universally sold everywhere as a result. Would be nice, just not reality.

Just one of the many topics on the subject
Last year, we started getting pretty fresh games from Bethesda (Dishonored 2 is 2016, Death of the Outsider is 2017 and now The Evil Within 2 is also 2017).
Now I hope it doesn’t take 10 years for us to see games like DOOM (2016), Prey (2017), Rage, Hunted: The Demon’s Forge, Skyrim (including Legendary Edition), Hexen and Heretic. Also I still hope GOG somehow negotiate for original Doom 3 + RoE (not BFG edition), original Prey and Wolfenstein (2009).
NuffCatnip: That's an understatement.
Some examples of Mickey Rourkes lines.
fronzelneekburm: It's so bad it's good.
I completely agree with you, it's not on Ride to Hell: Retribution level, but it surely is up there. :)

I think I saw a Funhaus video of them playing the game, I think I lost it when Mickey Rourke said something along the lines of cock-breath commie motherfuckers when they shot an enemy.

Just who came up with those lines? :P
Post edited April 16, 2020 by NuffCatnip
omega64: Guess Evil WIthin 1 doesn't include the original preorder dlc with two extra arrow types and a different shotgun iirc.
It does, I get the message when starting the game that the Fighting Chance content is available beginning in Chapter 3.
NuffCatnip: Just who came up with those lines? :P
Dick Marcinko himself.
Will the Bethesda net only settings work in the gog version. Stuff like invincibility and that sort of thing?
omega64: Guess Evil WIthin 1 doesn't include the original preorder dlc with two extra arrow types and a different shotgun iirc.
SCPM: It does, I get the message when starting the game that the Fighting Chance content is available beginning in Chapter 3.
Please confirm once you reach it.
It is kinda weird tho... You know, it used to be preorder / day 1 edition exclusive and still is on steam...
B1tF1ghter: It is kinda weird tho... You know, it used to be preorder / day 1 edition exclusive and still is on steam...
Not uncommon. Exclusive content that you can't get on Steam releases anymore has popped up in the "fresh" GOG releases previously. That TF2 weapon skin DLC for Saints Row IV comes to immediate mind.
imo these releases are a big enough deal to deserve their own little banner at the top of the front page, similar to the one Wolfenstien + Dishonoreds got a few months back.
The minimum specs for EW2 are an "i5-2400", while the minimum for EW1 (stated in the game page) are an "i7 or an equivalent with four plus core processor"... WTF??
B1tF1ghter: And Tango Gameworks is showing some covert sings of life so there might be a sequel in the works too.
Covert? They're still making this which seems not-so-covert at all. That said, everyone thought the first Evil Within was it for the series until some obscure listing for the sequel popped up seemingly out of nowhere and then, pow, it happened.
B1tF1ghter: And Tango Gameworks is showing some covert sings of life so there might be a sequel in the works too.
TheMonkofDestiny: Covert? They're still making this which seems not-so-covert at all. That said, everyone thought the first Evil Within was it for the series until some obscure listing for the sequel popped up seemingly out of nowhere and then, pow, it happened.
Covert in a sense that there were some cryptic clues here and there that they MAY be working on another evil within game in the meantime. Still it will take some time to hear anything official or any leaks if they really are working on that.
Instabought both, for some reason...

The first game is honestly kind of pants but I'm not sure why it's pants and I'm still trying to figure out why. The second game is pretty good though. I'd recommend checking it out, even if you were turned off by the first game.
Awesome! Thanks, GOG & Bethesda!

Immediately bought the sequel. Not sure why, but like some others didn't connect with the original.

Fantastic that they are both here!
Post edited April 17, 2020 by zakmckracken
low rated
darthspudius: was the PC version ever fixed? There was quite a bad game ending crash at the end of an early chapter.
B1tF1ghter: You know you could be a little more specific than "there was this bug at the beginning of the game that was game breaking". /s

MyLife4Night: I prefer to own games rather than licenses and STEAM has tons of Denuvo titles which is cancerous to gaming industry
B1tF1ghter: It is actually not up to valve what drm is used for a given game. You know valve only provides tools. It is entirely up to the developer to choose what they want to use if anything from valve portfolio or perhaprs get it from cancerous drm making companies. They offer you ceg, basic steam wrapper and some other things. But you can and you do have some games on steam that don't employ ANY drm and once installed they are literaly drm free and can be played with steam. It is the developer that chooses denuvo. Don't forget that.
Same goes for prices. It's the developer setting them.

Ancient-Red-Dragon: I'd never heard of these games before today and what I've now read about them here on GOG.

It seems a lot of people are bashing the first one as if it's a bad game. So what's the real deal? Is it truly a bad game? Or is it a good game that is just being overly-bashed?
B1tF1ghter: Let's just say that opinions are HEAVILY split. There are people who love 1 one more and some the other way around. None of those is a bad game in a traditional sense. Both are great. But it's up to personal preference which one somebody likes more.

StingingVelvet: I'm not big into survival horror mechanics but I hear these can be played as stealth games for the most part. Is that true?
B1tF1ghter: It is in your best interest to at least try to play these games stealth. This way they will be more challanging as well as it will be more satisfying than just "going blasting". Also this way if you perfect it you will die less because it allows you to avoid a lot of otherwise very direct approaches. And first two dlcs are mostly stealth btw. And in the second game (which has no real dlc) it is basically NEEDED in some sections too.

ReynardFox: I see Bethesda is still only willing to give us dead franchises, but I'll take them.

Doom 2016 guys, just do it.
B1tF1ghter: Dead franchises? Excuse me what? Dishonored is on hold and there is still possibility for another sequel as it's not like the studio responsible is dead or something. And Tango Gameworks is showing some covert sings of life so there might be a sequel in the works too.
I could, but then you could just google it if you want to know more. Better yet, you could just ask nicely and we could have a conversation about it.