It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The thrilling survival horror dylogy devised by the legendary creator Shinji Mikami arrives DRM-free on GOG.COM. The Evil Within and The Evil Within 2 are both available with 75% discounts until 23rd April, 1 PM UTC.

Scares do not end there! Also, until 23rd April, 1 PM UTC, you can buy discounted DLCs for the first part of this cult horror series, as well as the special bundle which contains The Evil Within game and all its DLCs. On top of that, be sure to read our editorial about Shinji Mikami and his journey into the horror genre.
Post edited April 16, 2020 by emter_pl
I'd never heard of these games before today and what I've now read about them here on GOG.

It seems a lot of people are bashing the first one as if it's a bad game. So what's the real deal? Is it truly a bad game? Or is it a good game that is just being overly-bashed?
Post edited April 16, 2020 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Or is it a good game that is just being overly-bashed?
Mediocre and overhyped. My opinion though. On the opposite end, a friend of mine loved it and was less infatuated with the sequel.

Also - not hearing of either game before today... did you just come out of cryostasis?
I'm not big into survival horror mechanics but I hear these can be played as stealth games for the most part. Is that true?
Very well done, GOG!
This is not my cup of tea, but at this price the bundle is a steal + more games from Bethesda are always welcomed, both older and new ones :)
Even though i will most likely get an heart attack playing horror games i still appreciate it. I will still blame you GOG and Bethesda if it happens but for what it's worth thanks.
Post edited April 16, 2020 by ChrisGamer300
What a good surprise! Thank you very much GOG for bringing the game. I really wanted it here. Thanks Bethesda too.

Bought already the games and DLCs!
Wait a minute...Evil within by itself is CDN is 6.29. The evil within bundle is 11.99. Evil within + Season pass = 11.58. Why would anyone buy evil within bundle? Am I missing something here?
I see Bethesda is still only willing to give us dead franchises, but I'll take them.

Doom 2016 guys, just do it.
darthspudius: was the PC version ever fixed? There was quite a bad game ending crash at the end of an early chapter.
You know you could be a little more specific than "there was this bug at the beginning of the game that was game breaking". /s

ciemnogrodzianin: You may not prefer DRM-Free, but pecunia non olet. Let's hope it'd be profitable enough for them to push publishers to the next releases.
MyLife4Night: I prefer to own games rather than licenses and STEAM has tons of Denuvo titles which is cancerous to gaming industry
It is actually not up to valve what drm is used for a given game. You know valve only provides tools. It is entirely up to the developer to choose what they want to use if anything from valve portfolio or perhaprs get it from cancerous drm making companies. They offer you ceg, basic steam wrapper and some other things. But you can and you do have some games on steam that don't employ ANY drm and once installed they are literaly drm free and can be played with steam. It is the developer that chooses denuvo. Don't forget that.
Same goes for prices. It's the developer setting them.

Ancient-Red-Dragon: I'd never heard of these games before today and what I've now read about them here on GOG.

It seems a lot of people are bashing the first one as if it's a bad game. So what's the real deal? Is it truly a bad game? Or is it a good game that is just being overly-bashed?
Let's just say that opinions are HEAVILY split. There are people who love 1 one more and some the other way around. None of those is a bad game in a traditional sense. Both are great. But it's up to personal preference which one somebody likes more.

StingingVelvet: I'm not big into survival horror mechanics but I hear these can be played as stealth games for the most part. Is that true?
It is in your best interest to at least try to play these games stealth. This way they will be more challanging as well as it will be more satisfying than just "going blasting". Also this way if you perfect it you will die less because it allows you to avoid a lot of otherwise very direct approaches. And first two dlcs are mostly stealth btw. And in the second game (which has no real dlc) it is basically NEEDED in some sections too.

ReynardFox: I see Bethesda is still only willing to give us dead franchises, but I'll take them.

Doom 2016 guys, just do it.
Dead franchises? Excuse me what? Dishonored is on hold and there is still possibility for another sequel as it's not like the studio responsible is dead or something. And Tango Gameworks is showing some covert sings of life so there might be a sequel in the works too.
Post edited April 16, 2020 by B1tF1ghter
SimonZephyr: Wait a minute...Evil within by itself is CDN is 6.29. The evil within bundle is 11.99. Evil within + Season pass = 11.58. Why would anyone buy evil within bundle? Am I missing something here?
No, you are not missing anything. As it has been said a few times in this thread - that's just GOG being GOG, so you are better of just buying Season pass and base game instead of the bundle.
Hmm, I own the first game on Steam and for PS3, already... ah, what the heck, probably snatching it, anyway. Still not sure if I should play the second game, though. The first was pretty fun(ny) in being so random (how you were just 'teleported' around, for instance), though it wasn't perfect overall. But the second added this pseudo-open-world which I find counter-intuitive for this (type of) game. .. I'm a bit on the fence with this one...

But anyway, thanks for the DRM-free releases! No matter if or when I buy TEW2, now I'll only have to get it once, at least ;D
Post edited April 16, 2020 by modkon
I applaud Bethesda policy, I remember when ppl here thought no Bethesda game will appear on GOG and now we're just few games short (Rage, Prey & Skyrim) of having all of them here (I'm not talking about the new releases, I do not expect that Bethesda will bring them here day one, but I'd expect them here after two-three years).

One question though - why Heretic and Hexen are not here yet?
SLP2000: One question though - why Heretic and Hexen are not here yet?
Legal issues about who owns what. Keep hope alive.
TheMonkofDestiny: Legal issues about who owns what. Keep hope alive.
But they are being sold on Steam
Mobeeuz: Good god man! Other than the ending credit song, that game was awful.
NuffCatnip: That's an understatement.
Some examples of Mickey Rourkes lines.
Precisely.

It's one of the most hilarious things ever put out by a major publisher.

When it originally came out, it was the price of a full retail game, which was an absolute affront to be sure. But the thing sells for 5.99 (or something like that) now, it's well worth checking out for the laughs - and Rogue Warrior has plenty of those.

It's so bad it's good. It's definitely waaaay better than, say, something like Solder of Fortune Payback, which is just plain bad.