It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today, let’s dig into this sci-fi, point ‘n’ click classic gem from LucasArts. Released in 1995, this game tells the story of a space expedition set for an asteroid that is dangerously approaching Earth.

Did you know?

• The story’s original concept was created by famous director Steven Spielberg, as a part of his Amazing Stories TV series (aired between 1985 and 1987). Yet, the idea proved to be too costly for a small screen production at the time.

• The game’s main character, Commander Boston Low, is voiced by Robert Patrick, the famous T-1000 from the Terminator series. He has the distinction of being the only actor to be killed on-screen by all three of the Planet Hollywood founders: Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone, and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

• The game uses the SCUMM (short for Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion) video game engine. It was created by LucasArts and used in many of its classic adventure games, including Full Throttle and the Monkey Island series.

The Soundtrack
The music score to The Dig is both epic and full of mystery. It was composed by Michael Land. He’s widely known by classic game fans for his music to other LucasArts games.
I liked the game, but I recall that at the time my first thought about the simplified UI was like blasphemy lol
This is a pleasant surprise :)

I love the game. Except from that one puzzle that comes to mind which I could only solve by trying everything with everything. :)

Also apparently it went through many iterations in its design and script, with whole sections and characters being removed when they were quite far into development.
I always considered this title my favourite Lucas adventure at par with Day of the Tentacle.
The soundtrack is nice and for them to post so many in one video is a nice touch as well.
EDIT: Is the soundtrack also a seperate item in "Extras"? I didn't see it listed that way on the game store page, unless I overlooked it.
Post edited June 15, 2021 by gog2002x
gog2002x: EDIT: Is the soundtrack also a seperate item in "Extras"? I didn't see it listed that way on the game store page, unless I overlooked it.
Nope. Only items under extras are manuals (E-F-G-I-S), reference card (E-F), and a novella (E-Braz.Port.).
gog2002x: EDIT: Is the soundtrack also a seperate item in "Extras"? I didn't see it listed that way on the game store page, unless I overlooked it.
BreOl72: Nope. Only items under extras are manuals (E-F-G-I-S), reference card (E-F), and a novella (E-Braz.Port.).
Aw, it would have been nice to have it as an extra.
Can you dig it?
A game I like to revisit often. Good atmosphere complimented by a wonderful music score.
"The Dig" is one of my favorite (adventure) games ever! I remember being instantly hooked during the intro movie and I've played through the game several times. Haven't played it in a while, though, might start it up again some time soon.

There is a novel, too, which I also quite like. Personal story: It's the book that was hardest for me to get my hands on ever (so far). I ordered it at some online book store and I think I waited about 1 and 1/2 year for it to arrive. Man, was I happy to one day finally hold that book in my hands and read it. That was about 15 years ago...
iirc there were a number of extras and 1-2 other versions of the game that we never got here unfortunately.
GOG.com: ...
Did you know?
To dig or not to? Let's welcome [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digger_(video_game]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digger_(video_game[/url])
:P
Attachments:
One of my least favorite games from LucasArts. Yeah, the graphics are very nice and the story is ok, but the puzzles are really terrible. And at least in something like Sam & Max the bizarre logic, while still frustrating, meshed well with the overall lack of logic in the cartoonish world. Here it's just egregious.
As curiosity, the game was planning to have a fourth member of the crew, an asiatic character that would be an investor of the mission. Finally was removed because, if an asteroid was to collisioned to Earth, the world put all the money necessaary, isn´t not?

But you can still see one foot in the front box, they kept it because it looked a rock.