It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Either Ether One Redux has just been added to the GA, or walking simulators aren't really appreciated 'round here.

Whatever the case, can I have it please? :)
muntdefems: Either Ether One Redux has just been added to the GA, or walking simulators aren't really appreciated 'round here.

Yay! I am credited for the German localisation for this one. :) I am also still waiting for the promised patch to arrive on GOG. It has been about 8 months since I last talked to Pete from Whitepapergames. I guess it's time to remind him that he promised me this update will arrive in 2018 :) A fine game - love it with all of my heart. Unfortunately there might still occur some game breaking bugs even though I managed to finish it without such bugs ... fingers crossed. When you finally understood the game completely you will realize how good it actually is.

And it is NOT a walking simulator at all. The puzzles might be optional but only if you solve all of them you will completely understand every bit of it.
Post edited August 28, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Yay! I am credited for the German localisation for this one. :) I am also still waiting for the promised patch to arrive on GOG. It has been about 8 months since I last talked to Pete from Whitepapergames. I guess it's time to remind him that he promised me this update will arrive in 2018 :) A fine game - love it with all of my heart. Unfortunately there might still occur some game breaking bugs even though I managed to finish it without such bugs ... fingers crossed. When you finally understood the game completely you will realize how good it actually is.

And it is NOT a walking simulator at all. The puzzles might be optional but only if you solve all of them you will completely understand every bit of it.
Oh, don't get me wrong. As long as their story is good, I love walking simulators, even those without any puzzles at all. :P

What I'm sorry about is that, if I'm granted the game, I won't be able to appreciate your localisation (even if it was added right now) as I know next to nothing of German. :\
muntdefems: Either Ether One Redux has just been added to the GA, or walking simulators aren't really appreciated 'round here.

Was just added at the last edit of the list :)
Cavalary: Was just added at the last edit of the list :)
Oh, nice. In that case behold my unintentional ninja skills! :D

If you can call asking for a game that's been on display for several hours 'ninja-ing it', of course.
MarkoH01: Yay! I am credited for the German localisation for this one. :) I am also still waiting for the promised patch to arrive on GOG. It has been about 8 months since I last talked to Pete from Whitepapergames. I guess it's time to remind him that he promised me this update will arrive in 2018 :) A fine game - love it with all of my heart. Unfortunately there might still occur some game breaking bugs even though I managed to finish it without such bugs ... fingers crossed. When you finally understood the game completely you will realize how good it actually is.

muntdefems: Oh, don't get me wrong. As long as their story is good, I love walking simulators, even those without any puzzles at all. :P

What I'm sorry about is that, if I'm granted the game, I won't be able to appreciate your localisation (even if it was added right now) as I know next to nothing of German. :\
Oh I undertood you but it is just as I said, imo Ether One is far from being a walking simulator in every sense. It is more Myst like and I'd never call Myst a walking simulator either. One might call it an "optional" walking simulator since you just have to solve one puzzle and collect all ribbons and you are done if you'd like to have it this way (no option to not solve this one puzzle though - all others are optional). The devs intention was to give people to simply enjoy the story or to really dive in and solve all puzzles (which I would really recommend as said).

German knowledge or not you still will spot my names in the credits though :)

The devs are really nice and it was fun working with them when I did the German localisation (complete from scratch and the game has lots of text - did this every day after work and on weekends) using google drive and while typing suddenly Pete typed "What is German for xxx" and I just typed my answer, It felt awesome. Unfortunately so far they refused to update GOG since the actual update that Steam already has since last year WILL break savegames and they don't want to risk this. Also they had to change their programmer and they are working on their next game, they are only six and so on. Pete sent me a handwritten christmas card last year (after I told him that I am sick of waiting and started to doubt him) on which he promised me (promised was underlined multiple times) "We promise to patch Ether One to the quality that is reflecting of your hard work and attention to detail." So I decided to leave them alone for a while and give them another chance. But it probably is the time to remind them. I will not give up on this patch as long as I am not told that it won't arrive.
muntdefems: As long as their story is good, I love walking simulators, even those without any puzzles at all. :P
Have you tried Scanner Sombre? I really liked it. I don't know the genre well and I'm not sure if my opinion is of any value, but it has interesting setting, quite unique mechanics, great atmosphere and even some plot twist. I was charmed by trailer and not disappointed by the game.
Thanks to Lone_Scout for the drm-free travel into Innsmouth and Zeogold for his great work after his school life !
MarkoH01: German knowledge or not you still will spot my names in the credits though :)
Oh, but will it be there even if GOG's version doesn't have your localization included?

Anyway, sorry to hear about the devs taking their sweet ass time to bring the latest update here... Does fronzelneekburm know about it, by the way?

ciemnogrodzianin: Have you tried Scanner Sombre? I really liked it. I don't know the genre well and I'm not sure if my opinion is of any value, but it has interesting setting, quite unique mechanics, great atmosphere and even some plot twist. I was charmed by trailer and not disappointed by the game.
I have indeed tried it and beaten it (what I haven't done is updating my list of completed games in 2018 since last March :S). And I liked it a lot. I'm glad you enjoyed it too, you may not be a lost cause for walking simulators after all. :P
MarkoH01: German knowledge or not you still will spot my names in the credits though :)
muntdefems: Oh, but will it be there even if GOG's version doesn't have your localization included?
The GOG version has my localisation included and therefore the credits as well. It's just the latest patch that is missing on GOG. :)

muntdefems: Anyway, sorry to hear about the devs taking their sweet ass time to bring the latest update here... Does fronzelneekburm know about it, by the way?
As I said - I like the devs AND I basically believe them. Every time I asked Pete I got an answer merely minutes after I sent the mail. I am sure the problem really is that they don't want to get it on GOG until they can be sure savegames won't be affected. You can read on Steam how people complained about it when they released the patch there. So since the actual patch on Steam is not perfect and the ones they want to bring on GOG (well actually to both platforms) will be better I am not so sure it belongs on this list. Bu I also admit that I might be a bit biased here. In any case the non redux version (which is English and Spanish only and is included on GOG) runs without any bugs. They gave away the Redux version for free for wners of the original which is another point I don't really think it should be on a list where devs who really treat GOG customers badly are listed on.... yes, I am probably biased.
MarkoH01: The GOG version has my localisation included and therefore the credits as well. It's just the latest patch that is missing on GOG. :)
Sorry, my bad! I thought your work was only included in the latest patch and hence absent from the version here on GOG.

About the 2nd Class Citizens mix... yeah, I guessed you would feel conflicted about it. But anyway, the point is moot since GOGmixes cannot be updated since a couple of days, so Ether One's devs are safe... for now. :P
Thanks to Doc0075 for the key of Day of the Tentacle: Remastered and Zeogold for the giveaway :)
low rated
SkelettalAngel: Since ciemnogrodzianin refused may i request it instead? im fond of rpgs and wanted to try this one instead so yeah im requesting Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
You've already gotten your game for the month.

noope not this time i checked i still had my two game limit but thanks anyway

nevermind dont kill me
Post edited August 29, 2018 by SkelettalAngel
SkelettalAngel: noope not this time i checked i still had my two game limit but thanks anyway
The limit is one for the non previous freebies.
SkelettalAngel: Since ciemnogrodzianin refused may i request it instead? im fond of rpgs and wanted to try this one instead so yeah im requesting Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
SkelettalAngel: You've already gotten your game for the month.

noope not this time i checked i still had my two game limit but thanks anyway
Just FYI

This giveaway is one game per month. The two games limit is for non-gog giveaway thread.

Edit : whoops. Got ninja'd
Post edited August 29, 2018 by kusumahendra