It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

NuffCatnip: I think he is taking the piss out of the whole 'not-reading-the-op' situation, at least that's what I hope. :P
MarkoH01: Maybe we should change the thread title to "If you enter this you will have to read the OP first". I just cannot understand how anybody could just post into any thread without even understanding what kind of a thread it is.
Yeah, i cant uds also. It just seemed 2 be plain laziness, even 4 clueless newbies 2 the forum i dun consider that as an excuse as i think it's basic logic (as well as courtesy which i mentioned in my earlier post) 2 read the OP 1st b4 posting.
MarkoH01: Maybe we should change the thread title to "If you enter this you will have to read the OP first". I just cannot understand how anybody could just post into any thread without even understanding what kind of a thread it is.
Not a bad idea to modify the title, but I think it should still be short. Maybe something like "The Community Giveaway - GOG Edition (READ THE OP!!)"?
Makotolia: Not a bad idea to modify the title, but I think it should still be short. Maybe something like "The Community Giveaway - GOG Edition (READ THE OP!!)"?
Yes, that's a good idea. One of the blues should be able to do it.
Makotolia: Not a bad idea to modify the title, but I think it should still be short. Maybe something like "The Community Giveaway - GOG Edition (READ THE OP!!)"?
Lifthrasil: Yes, that's a good idea. One of the blues should be able to do it.
If zeo wants to do it he knows who he would have to contact.
In case if you haven't noticed OP is literally pinned at the top of the page. No one can miss it. And there is READ THIS in bold caps at the top. Do you really think that if people didn't care to read THAT, a small addition to the thread title will change anything?!
Post edited April 20, 2018 by LootHunter
LootHunter: In case if you haven't noticed OP is literally pinned at the top of the page. No one can miss it. And there is READ THIS in bold caps at the top. Do you really think that if people didn't care to read THAT, a small addition to the thread title will change anything?!
First of all, I'd like to state that I really don't want to argue with you nice guys who care to help, and anything below is just my personal idea towards this new members not reading the OP issue, and you could feel free to ignore it if it doesn't make sense for you:

I don't think what we are trying to do here is exactly about ACHIEVING "preventing these things from ever happening again", instead, it's about TRYING our best to increase the chance that a new member would do it properly. We may not see a method that can end this problem once and for all right now, but trying to mitigate it still has its value.

Let's be constructive guys! We all know that the fault lies with those who don't read the rules, but we will need more than knowing whom to blame to make the situation better. :)

EDIT: not a content update, just tried to fixed some language misuse...
Post edited April 20, 2018 by Makotolia
As promised, I'm back.
mysterecks: If available could I get Grim Fandango Remastered or Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee.

Much appreciated
I'd normally deny this one due to lack of community participation, but I'll make an exception here due to the fact these are in such abundance anyways.
Granted.
enpy: Hi!

Would love to request:

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
Defender's Quest
You can only get one game per month from this giveaway. You'll have to pick one.
aKalmRage: Hello i'd like to request

Witcher: Enhanced Edition, The
wasteland 1

thanks!
You don't quality for Wasteland 1 due to lack of participation on the forum, but I'd be happy to give you The Witcher. You'll have to open your chat to me, either by adding me as a friend or changing your privacy settings, before you get anything, though.
Granted.
_mz_: i would like to request defenders quest
I'll wait for enpy to respond first. If he takes Age of Wonders, Defender's Quest goes to you. Otherwise, you'll have to pick something else.
i_hope_you_rot: May i ask for Vertical Drop Heroes HD ?
Granted.
Can I have Torchlight 2 please? Only if the code came from a hot girl ;)
greeklover: Can I have Torchlight 2 please? Only if the code came from a hot girl ;)
I don't have any hot girls, but would you accept a mediocrely-attractive Zeo?
Granted.
Thanks BeatriceElysia and the StrudelMaster, errr I meant PuzzleMaster for Torchlight 2 and the hundreds of hours of fun that come with it. Now, let's meditate, to mod or not to mod for the first playthrough?
high rated
To address the debate about people clearly not reading the rules:
I don't intend to ask the staff to edit the title or anything like that. As has already been pointed out, if people can't be bothered to read the OP, and, on top of that, can't even figure it out when it's stickied to the top of the page, then they're likely not the type of person who's going to get anything from here anyways.
That being said, I do understand that it can look daunting if you're new to the Community Giveaway/how I tend to run things. It's something I've sometimes worried about. It likely looks big and scary and like "holy crap, this dude's got the place on lockdown" before actually talking to me and realizing it's nowhere near as tough as it sounds. I could be wrong, but this might somewhat contribute to people basically using the Hail-Mary approach and throwing something out there in desperation for the best.
Let's not be too hasty to judge people for screwing up. I can still remember how it was when I first joined the forum myself, and I'd be a hypocrite if I were to fault people for immediately jumping on all the cool giveways since...well, that's almost exactly what I did myself, to the point I probably even looked suspicious. Fast-forward to 3 years later, and I'm trusted to be in charge of both Community Giveaways at once, alone even and in spite of the times I've messed stuff up. I mean, I know it's sort of become a frequent joke/mild annoyance with new users showing up all the time without reading the rules, but it's not like it takes much more besides a "read the OP" post to get them back on track (and potentially teach them a valuable habit for forums in general). Some of them have even stuck around and become infrequent donors after getting a fuller understanding of how things work. I don't think it's a problem that can ever truly be fixed or even alleviated. Add all the signs and arrows and clanging bells you want, you'll still eventually get that one dip who shows up like "hi can i pls hav witcher 3" or something. While true that it could be worked such that we don't get as many of them, I'd rather keep things how they are currently since it makes it rather simple to distinguish those who are paying attention from those who are just grabbing at straws.
greeklover: Now, let's meditate, to mod or not to mod for the first playthrough?
I don't use any game-changing mods on first play-throughs. Try the game as it was meant to be (with enhanced graphics, if you want that). The only exception is, if the game was released in an unfinished state and there are community fixes for parts of the game that don't work. For example I wouldn't recommend playing Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines without the community patch. In the case of Torchlight 2, however, the game is playable as is. So my advice would be: give it a try as it is and decide later if you want mods and which ones.

@zeo: thanks for your reply. Good point.
Post edited April 20, 2018 by Lifthrasil
OK, I will take "read the OP" as the standard clarification reply zeo offers then ;)
zeogold: As promised, I'm back.
Oh, you were gone? Did not even notice ... but glad to have you back then :)
greeklover: Can I have Torchlight 2 please? Only if the code came from a hot girl ;)
I hate to break it to you but even if this would be the case. Getting a key donated by a hot girl <> getting the number of a hot girl. Believe me I tried several times - it'S basically the only reason I am asking for keys here at all ;)
Post edited April 20, 2018 by MarkoH01
zeogold: That being said, I do understand that it can look daunting if you're new to the Community Giveaway/how I tend to run things. It's something I've sometimes worried about. It likely looks big and scary and like "holy crap, this dude's got the place on lockdown" before actually talking to me and realizing it's nowhere near as tough as it sounds.
Change your avatar to the picture of a cute kitten (ask Grargar - I am sure he has several) and you won't look that scary anymore.

zeogold: I could be wrong, but this might somewhat contribute to people basically using the Hail-Mary approach and throwing something out there in desperation for the best.
I have to disagree. I am pretty sure it's plain and simple lazyness - but it's your giveaway and your rules - I will always respect this.

zeogold: ....but it's not like it takes much more besides a "read the OP" post to get them back on track (and potentially teach them a valuable habit for forums in general). Some of them have even stuck around and become infrequent donors after getting a fuller understanding of how things work.
Like I said you are just a very (maybe even too) nice person and you cannot change this. In most cases this is a good thing in some cases people imo need to be treated a bit harsher - it's the way you get educated by life as well. Every time you post at least 6-7 sentences to say the same thing. If you don't have this reply saved in some text file it's imo too much unnecessary work. As you said - it's all in the OP - in every tiny little detail. So "Please read the OP before asking for anything" imo would be more than enough. But again - it's your giveaway, I just wanted to respond to your opinion.

zeogold: I don't think it's a problem that can ever truly be fixed or even alleviated. Add all the signs and arrows and clanging bells you want, you'll still eventually get that one dip who shows up like "hi can i pls hav witcher 3" or something.
To this I completely agree.