It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I would say just ask zeo to write some standard clarification (as far as I'm concerned, he does the clarification quite properly: clear, yet not harsh) and put them somewhere in OP, so that whenever there comes who doesn't read the rules, we who care to help can just copy & paste it to save everyone some trouble.

This way, we don't have to worry about what attitude we shall take towards new members: just do it zeogold's way. The spirit of all the rules of this giveaway is to do things zeo's way, isn't it? ;)
Makotolia: I would say just ask zeo to write some standard clarification (as far as I'm concerned, he does the clarification quite properly: clear, yet not harsh) and put them somewhere in OP, so that whenever there comes who doesn't read the rules, we who care to help can just copy & paste it to save everyone some trouble.

This way, we don't have to worry about what attitude we shall take towards new members: just do it zeogold's way. The spirit of all the rules of this giveaway is to do things zeo's way, isn't it? ;)
Uh, how much clearer can it get?
Makotolia: I would say just ask zeo to write some standard clarification (as far as I'm concerned, he does the clarification quite properly: clear, yet not harsh) and put them somewhere in OP, so that whenever there comes who doesn't read the rules, we who care to help can just copy & paste it to save everyone some trouble.

Cavalary: Uh, how much clearer can it get?
Well, I don't think that really concerns any of us. If zeo finds it OK to explain, then why shall we argue?

I mean, we can't seem to PREVENT all these things FROM HAPPENING, so the best we can do is to follow up zeo's work to save zeo some trouble. It's not like that being hard on rule-ignorer A would just magically prevent rule-ignorer B from emerging anyway.

Then again, this is not the main point as far as I'm concerned. I personally think that the point is, we are not, and we don't need, to be the judge here. As far as zeo sees fit, what we can do to help is to do it his way to save him some extra work.

EDIT: I'm not that confident in my English, so, if by any chance, what I said offends you, please forgive me, for I really don't want to. I just want to help here. If what I said just doesn't make sense, just ignore them. I really don't want to argue with any of you nice guys who are trying to help here.
Post edited April 18, 2018 by Makotolia
I do not think it can be more cleare than it is right now. The only solution I can think of is that whenever a new user asks for a game that is not there or breaks the rules, we tell them to read the first page of the thread.
Sjuan: I do not think it can be more cleare than it is right now. The only solution I can think of is that whenever a new user asks for a game that is not there or breaks the rules, we tell them to read the first page of the thread.
Still sad that users (no matter if old or new) need an advice to do this at all.
Post edited April 18, 2018 by MarkoH01
Sjuan: I do not think it can be more cleare than it is right now. The only solution I can think of is that whenever a new user asks for a game that is not there or breaks the rules, we tell them to read the first page of the thread.
MarkoH01: Still sad that users (no matter if old or new) need an advice to do this at all.
Maybe some young users are not used to reading such "long" posts? :D

Just say now, how often do people read EULA before playing the game or read the rules before using some website?
I think this is a very similar case.
Post edited April 18, 2018 by Lexor
MarkoH01: Still sad that users (no matter if old or new) need an advice to do this at all.
Yeah, that's wat i feel also. When i was new 2 this forum (not GOG) i too was pretty clueless with much that goes ard here BUT i dun think it's THAT HARD 2 read the OP 1st (which IMO i feel is not just basic logic but courtesy as well). Otherwise, how wld we know wat is the thread all abt in the 1st place? (Assuming thread title isn't too obvious of cos.)

Personally, i think it's clear enough 4 this thread esp with 'PLEASE READ THESE BEFORE ASKING FOR ANYTHING.' right @ the top of the OP already. I feel zeo shd just ignore those who dun bother 2 read the OP esp those that r not new here but but being the nice person zeo is i'm pretty sure he will still give them a reply. *shrugs* ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Post edited April 18, 2018 by tomyam80
Lexor: Maybe some young users are not used to reading such "long" posts? :D

Just say now, how often do people read EULA before playing the game or read the rules before using some website?
I think this is a very similar case.
I don't think that you can compare these two since without the OP (just like tommyam80 said) you normally don't even KNOW what this is all about. EULAS are just legal things but even without reading them you know that you just bought a game.
May i ask for Vertical Drop Heroes HD ?
low rated
Don't suppose anyone has a Avernum 2-Crystal souls key hiding away in their pocket have they?
DazBoots: Don't suppose anyone has a Avernum 2-Crystal souls key hiding away in their pocket have they?
Please read the OP to see what this thread is all about before asking for random keys.
DazBoots: Don't suppose anyone has a Avernum 2-Crystal souls key hiding away in their pocket have they?
MarkoH01: Please read the OP to see what this thread is all about before asking for random keys.
I think he is taking the piss out of the whole 'not-reading-the-op' situation, at least that's what I hope. :P
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_gog_community_gifting_thread

Try there....
MarkoH01: Please read the OP to see what this thread is all about before asking for random keys.
NuffCatnip: I think he is taking the piss out of the whole 'not-reading-the-op' situation, at least that's what I hope. :P
Maybe we should change the thread title to "If you enter this you will have to read the OP first". I just cannot understand how anybody could just post into any thread without even understanding what kind of a thread it is.
DampSquib: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_gog_community_gifting_thread

Try there....
Thank you. :)