It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Aliasalpha: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Fable 3 just killed my "15 hours into the fucking game" save and since they decided that everyone can get by without such madly wasteful things as manual saves, I've lost all that progress
See, when something like that happens, I can't play that game anymore.

Dante's Inferno is pissing me off to no end. A 100 point combo is damn near impossible, and all the trials suck ass. I might as well return it to GameFly now; a shame, since until then the game's inventive visuals and interesting story kept me going.
Aliasalpha: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Fable 3 just killed my "15 hours into the fucking game" save and since they decided that everyone can get by without such madly wasteful things as manual saves, I've lost all that progress
TheCheese33: See, when something like that happens, I can't play that game anymore.
I wish that had happened to me while I was playing that heap of crap.
damn, I started resident evil: degeneration on my xbmc and now I can't find the remote control to stop that steaming pile of poo-poo
TheCheese33: See, when something like that happens, I can't play that game anymore.
Quite astonishingly I managed to rescue my save, there was a fraction of a second where I could hit the start button to warp back to the sanctuary so I fast travelled elsewhere and it worked a treat.

I couldn't find any info on google at all about that particular error so I'd say it was the kind of freak occurrence that only occurs to freaks like me. Enough to fall under the banner of 'weird shit happens' but I DO still blame the game for not letting you save in alternate slots which would have solved the issue right away
I'm so tired that I want to sleep but caffeine won't allow me to.
So I finally figured out a way to do my installers with everything I need, and now I see that MSI installers are fully cached on the hard disk. What the heeeeeeeeeeelllll?

That would make a game of 4GB weight more than 8GB... :(
Trying to apply to five universities and they make it like it's a fucking twisted mindgame.

Also, $215?! To apply? The hell is wrong with these people?
michaelleung: Also, $215?! To apply? The hell is wrong with these people?
They're greedy pricks?

Are you trying to apply after a cutoff date? Thats the only time you have to bribe my uni
michaelleung: Also, $215?! To apply? The hell is wrong with these people?
Aliasalpha: They're greedy pricks?

Are you trying to apply after a cutoff date? Thats the only time you have to bribe my uni
No, the deadline is way off into the future (well it's actually February).
well its been a while so i have some more to whine about :D

Feel really bad of the fact that some of the good people i used to knew a long while back have now changed in a bad way.
What the hell is up with all these uni girls and clubs / pubs / that sort of fun? They appear way too immature and have no idea what they really want. Almost impossible to find the ones that you could start something with.
Dont know if its a good thing or bad but i really really hate parties. I never enjoy myself and i would rather simply stay in the company of a few people which i like instead.
I should really save enough money for a car but most of the time spend it simply out of boredom.
Feelings are useless.

I think thats about it for now :)
Here's my first (and hopefully only) contribution to this fine thread:

Two days ago, I broke a molar. Painful, to say the least. The earliest that I could get in to see a dentist was this morning. So, for two days, I lubricated my mouth liberally with oragel and ate the softest foods I could find, all the while doing my level best not to snap at those around me because of the low-grade fever throb that was a constant in my mouth.

After nearly 48 hours of this maddening discomfort, I finally get in to see the dentist. Within 15 minutes I'm informed that the dentist cannot do the extraction because an infection has developed beneath the broken tooth. For a brief moment after this revelation, I saw a haze of red in front of me and envisioned the bold headline proclaimimg my ensuing crime. Fortunately, I was able to maintain a semblance of sanity and robotically mumbled, 'So, what now?'

What now translates into five days of taking anti-biotics in order to rid the infection. Fortunately, the dentist did see the impending madness in my eyes and has also prescribed a low grade painkiller which, while not 100% effective, has lessened the torment somewhat.

Should be an interesting five days.
Gotta love unprofessional professionals. Getting ready for a move and have been requesting bids on an online shipping marketplace. Earlier today, I asked a bidder some questions relating to the upcoming move and they answered, maintaining the same price, changing the dates, and then TELLING ME I would be the one loading and unloading.

I declined the bid stating "Insufficient Feedback" and they came back 4 hours later with a major attitude and an in-your-face response. Very unprofessional, to say the least.

Protip: If you're running a business answer questions promptly and courteously.
Post edited November 11, 2010 by CymTyr
Every time I hear about switching to IPv6, especially in a corporate environment I foam a little at the mouth. But right now I'm going to rant about the home user case.

Maybe it's time to sit down, realize that people, NAT, firewalls and such aren't going away, and to simplify the mess than is IPv6. One of the huge things is, IPv6 attempts to do everything and fix all the flaws of IPv4, which is great, but it also makes IPv6 a rather intimidating transition. I personally won't switch over until I have it - there's a huge learning curve involved. And people are rejoicing that everyone will have public IPs again, yet forgetting that everyone will promptly put up firewalls ensuring that most IPs aren't usable. ISPs will probably help as well by firewalling off everything but ::1 to protect customers (and sell you more for $5/month).

Perhaps the quickest way to transition is make it invisible. Sell me a box I can replace my router with and I'll be on the IPv6 internet in no time. This box will do IPv4 to IPv6 translation, IPv6 to IPv4 translation, IPv4 NAT, and iPv6 NAT. Why NAT? Because I personally don't want to bother setting up all my machines with proper IPv6 addressing. I'll just assign them FC00::1 - FC00::something as I do with IPv4. The IPv6 NAT will worry about whatever my ISP gives it. If I change ISP, I don't bother renumbering my network, only the IPv6 NAT worries since it has the external IP. So every machine gets two IPs - FC00::1 routable to the router, and the link-local.

IPv4 to IPv6 translation helps all those of us with legacy devices that only od IPv4 - they can talk to IPv6 through some trickery. Microsoft uses ipv6-literal.net as a virtual domain name that resolves to an IPv6 address. Advanced machines do this inside their resolver automatically without involvement. IPv4 machines send a regular DNS request. The router recognizes and resolves it as an IPv6 address and returns a faked IPv4 address (e.g., 10.something - something not on the local subnet). The IPv4 client tries to connect and the router intercepts the flow, unwraps the IPv4 header, wraps it inside a new IPv6 header, and forwards onto the Internet. (Same happens if an IPv4 client connects to an IPv6 host).

And it works the other way too - IPv6 only client connecting to an IPv4 host gets the IPv6 header stripped out and an IPv4 header attached.

Then boom, put it in all the routers and there's your transition plan. Home users replace their box and they're done for the day - they can speak IPv4 and IPv6 without worrying about crap. Enterprise users can use an enterprise version of this so they keep their IPv4 investment (face it - most have IPv4 only routers and they aren't willing to bother paying the extra $10k/switch to ugprade their L3 switches to support IPv6). Give them a box they can plop on their network and have IPv6 internet connectivity without having to pay for IPv6 equipment internally.

Telecom companies would buy it in droves so they don't have to worry about the millions of IPv6 incapable phones out there not being able to connect to the Internet - they can use the box and keep that data revenue coming in.

And everyone else who wants what IPv6 public IPs, they just do the exact same thing for the past 10 years that IPv6 has been around.

There we have it - a box to help with the transition for everyone else who doesn't want to mess with IPv6, while everyone who wants what IPv6 offers can live without it. Just make it and it'll make the IPv6 transition much easier than it's been going now for the past decade or so. Me personally, I just want a box and be done with it. Everyone will be IPv6 ready in no time.
I always get peeved when someone refers to purchasing something online to "buying it offline". It really irks me and I just want to scream "IT'S ONLINE, FUCKFACE... BECAUSE OFFLINE YOU WOULDN'T BE CONNECTED TO ANYTHING!". Maybe I just overreact. :/
Post edited November 12, 2010 by GorgorothX
I need to buy a new battery for my laptop. As long as the charger is plugged in, I'm safe.