It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'd like to enter for one of these games:

Transistor
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY Edition

Currently I have antiX on a PIII laptop and MX on a netbook dual booted with Windows XP. I intended to dual boot my newer laptop, but I think I will just wait until I can get a bigger hard drive or when extended support for Windows 7 ends. Though I have these Linux distros installed, I don't use them that much, and they don't have any GOG games installed yet. I mainly use my Win7 laptop - hard habits die hard :) When the time comes, I will probably install Mint.
Thanks for providing all this useful information, and for this generous giveaway!  If it's still possible, I'd like to be in for Star Trek: 25th Anniversary + Star Trek: Judgment Rites.

I used and [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_%28operating_system%29]Ubuntu a long time ago, and for system debugging.  I stopped using Mandrake due to the lack of drivers, and Ubuntu for business and personal reasons.  I'll probably build a system and install Linux on it in the future, and [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Mint]Mint and Zorin are two interesting options.  I'm sticking with Windows for now, and considering Linux as a valuable alternative.

A few years ago, I stumbled on an article about Commodore OS Vision.  I felt very nostalgic and it looked quite intriguing, but I never had the time to try it out.  It's a good thing, because Commodore decided to abandon it for compatibility issues.
hummer010: OpenOffice requires java, which can be a bit of a memory hog. If you just need a word processor and spreadsheet, you can get better performance out of AbiWord and Gnumeric.

I find they fit my needs just fine, and are way lighter than OpenOffice/libreoffice.
IIRC, only a number of advanced features require java in LibreOffice.

I was thinking of entering for Star Trek: 25th Anniversary + Star Trek: Judgment Rites, but I'd rather _Slaugh_ has a better chance of winning.

Cheers for the wonderful GA, +1.
Post edited January 17, 2016 by HypersomniacLive
hummer010: (…)
HypersomniacLive: IIRC, only a number of advanced features require java in LibreOffice.
True, I’ve been using it without Java installed for quite a while now.
What's the difference between all the different Linux Mint editions? It doesn't say on the website and the screenshots didn't help that much except show that it's got different types of GUIs, especially in how the system tools folder looks like.

Cinnamon? Mate? KDE? Xfce?

Also what kind of/which browsers are supported on Linux? What's your recommendation? And which ones still support NPAPI? Is the Wiki page about them up to date?
Post edited January 17, 2016 by Green_Hilltop
Green_Hilltop: What's the difference between all the different Linux Mint editions? It doesn't say on the website and the screenshots didn't help that much except show that it's got different types of GUIs,
That's more or less exactly the difference between them. The included software also varies slightly but everything's available from the repositories anyway so it doesn't really matter that much. Go with the Cinnamon edition if you're unsure which to choose (the Cinnamon & MATE editions are the main editions of Mint), or you can download & try each of them out for yourself.

Green_Hilltop: Also what kind of/which browsers are supported on Linux? What's your recommendation? And which ones still support NPAPI? Is the Wiki page about them up to date?
Firefox is the default browser in Mint, but you can download Chromium etc. from the repositories
Green_Hilltop: What's the difference between all the different Linux Mint editions? It doesn't say on the website and the screenshots didn't help that much except show that it's got different types of GUIs, especially in how the system tools folder looks like.

Cinnamon? Mate? KDE? Xfce?

Also what kind of/which browsers are supported on Linux? What's your recommendation? And which ones still support NPAPI? Is the Wiki page about them up to date?
Except for the Debian edition they're all basically the same except for the Desktop Environment.
Which does have an impact on how you work with it, it's a bit of a personal choice.
Also the Arch Wiki is good resource if you're curious about applications.
The two most used browsers are probably the same as on WIndows really, Firefox and Chromium (Chrome).
Smannesman:
Okay, thanks! What happened to Opera by the way? I remember that it used to be one of the big three alonside Firefox and Chrome just few years back.

Green_Hilltop: What's the difference between all the different Linux Mint editions? It doesn't say on the website and the screenshots didn't help that much except show that it's got different types of GUIs,
adamhm: That's more or less exactly the difference between them. The included software also varies slightly but everything's available from the repositories anyway so it doesn't really matter that much. Go with the Cinnamon edition if you're unsure which to choose (the Cinnamon & MATE editions are the main editions of Mint), or you can download & try each of them out for yourself.

Green_Hilltop: Also what kind of/which browsers are supported on Linux? What's your recommendation? And which ones still support NPAPI? Is the Wiki page about them up to date?
adamhm: Firefox is the default browser in Mint, but you can download Chromium etc. from the repositories
I think I liked MATE the most according to the screenshots but Cinnamon also looked good.

Also why is everyone saying in some Linux threads I found that the Ubuntu GUI is really bad? What makes it so bad? From the screenshots I saw hereI quite like the sidebar it has, and the Mac like menus. If I go with KDE or Xfce, can I make Mint look like the Ubuntu GUI? Or even with Cinn/MATE?
Post edited January 17, 2016 by Green_Hilltop
Green_Hilltop: Okay, thanks! What happened to Opera by the way? I remember that it used to be one of the big three alonside Firefox and Chrome just few years back.
I used to use Opera (for both browsing & mail), stopped using it a while after they dropped their own rendering engine & switched to WebKit. I use Firefox & Thunderbird now.

Green_Hilltop: I think I liked MATE the most according to the screenshots but Cinnamon also looked good.
They're customisable so you can adjust them to suit your liking :) The extent of customisability varies depending on DE though.

Green_Hilltop: Also why is everyone saying in some Linux threads I found that the Ubuntu GUI is really bad? What makes it so bad? From the screenshots I saw hereI quite like the sidebar it has, and the Mac like menus. If I go with KDE or Xfce, can I make Mint look like the Ubuntu GUI? Or even with Cinn/MATE?
Can't remember the specifics, but I found Ubuntu's UI to be absolutely horrible to work with when I tried it some time ago... I'd rather go terminal only than be forced to use it :/
Green_Hilltop: Okay, thanks! What happened to Opera by the way? I remember that it used to be one of the big three alonside Firefox and Chrome just few years back.
Really?
I don't think it ever rose higher than the top five, but it's still around and fairly popular.
So you could use that on your Mint.
It's probably better at handling memory than Chrome ;)

Green_Hilltop: Also why is everyone saying in some Linux threads I found that the Ubuntu GUI is really bad? What makes it so bad? From the screenshots I saw hereI quite like the sidebar it has, and the Mac like menus. If I go with KDE or Xfce, can I make Mint look like the Ubuntu GUI? Or even with Cinn/MATE?
I think it was mostly bloaty and buggy when it came out and it doesn't/didn't have a lot of customization options.
But I don't think it's hated as much anymore, I could be wrong though.
And can you make another DE look like Unity?
You can probably get pretty close with some extra applications like a 'dock'.
You might even be able to install it on Mint, although then you'd probably be better off just using Ubuntu :P
Green_Hilltop: Cinnamon? Mate? KDE? Xfce?
Most of their differences basically come down to personal taste, but you should also keep in mind that some DE are more resource demanding than others, if you have an old computer you might want to avoid Cinnamon or KDE which are heavier than XFCE or Mate.
Aside from limited customization options (which should be much improved by now), there are concerns that Ubuntu contains spyware as searches done through its desktop ("Dash") are sent to Amazon, which then would show you Amazon product results.
high rated
The giveaway is now closed, winners will be announced soon.
high rated
Congratulations to:

mikopotato - Star Trek: 25th Anniversary + Star Trek: Judgment Rites
snowkatt - The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY Edition (passed to Engerek01 instead as Snowkatt declined it)
doctorsinister - Shadowrun: Hong Kong
Gede - Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition
mrkgnao - Hard West Collector's Edition
Bigs - Satellite Reign
jadegiant - Transistor
ljyoun - Shadow Warrior (2013)
PookaMustard - Duke Nukem 1+2+3D
leon30 - Victor Vran
Tallima - Door Kickers
Pliky - Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power
IronArcturus - Train Fever + Stacking
clarry - Retro City Rampage DX
Habanerose - Freedom Planet
mobutu - Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Accatone - Mark of the Ninja Special Edition
wolfsrain - Shadowrun Returns
popperik - Hotline Miami
briareoushex - Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
RenKalan - Trine 2 Complete Story

The keys have now all been sent via PM. Thanks again to Hummer010 for donating the key for Train Fever + Stacking
Post edited January 17, 2016 by adamhm
im forfeiting morrowind